Jump to content

bunna

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    813
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by bunna

  1. bunna

    Colours

    New-ish colours include Mars Red (its red - der) and Swift (we call it stillage green cause all Orion body part stillages are the same colour )
  2. bunna

    Colours

    That looks like Velvet - discontinued ages ago (maybe 2009?)
  3. Those extra holes are for wheel alignment sensor mounting
  4. Genuine FPV caps are metal. $90 for plastic is a joke. The other trap with some of the aftermarket wheel copies is the holes for the centre caps aren't the same size as the genuine ones, so you could go and spend hundreds on genuine caps and they still won't fit.
  5. bunna

    Fpv Trouble?

    Hehe. Did someone say evos?
  6. bunna

    Fpv Trouble?

    Not sure I can say too much, and I'm well known for being way too cynical for someone my age in the organization, and some good friends of mine from FPV are out as part of all this BUT we're alright, there are positive products out and coming out. Ford is not as f*cked as the media/you guys/we make out (lol) FPV do have something coming this year (I haven't seen it, just have slightly better rumors than you guys lol). Even if FPV stop and ford retakes all production, which it almost does now anyway, there is great benefit to the customer. The V8 was expected to go on for at least the lifetime of the falcon (4 + years) making it at least 6 years of service. Gotta make that 40 mill somewhere! There is good stuff around re falcon: I gave my brother a company car last night-FG mk ii, xr6 (p plates), luxury pack, sat nav, 19s, kinetic. Made me want to dump my f6 (not really). Great car. The 4 cylinder is fantastic, the gas is brilliant. The territory is selling at record volumes. Almost all overseas models (focus, fiesta, ranger, mondeo) are fresh and selling well when supply allows. The problems are down to reputation and perception. Brand image is sh*t, this needs to be improved dramatically. Dealers need to be brought into the 21st century, as with service (I'm due my 15000 km service and don't want to take it anywhere lol). The other thing to consider is that Australia is a small fry market with extreme levels of competition. We have a 1 million unit per annum market, only a fraction of those overseas. So there's a shrinking piece of a small pie and more competition for it. Combined with the brand image it's easy to see why ford is where its at locally. There is great stuff out the for ford, yes the local operation feels like its winding down, but there's life in it yet. Globally the brand is flying, and the sooner more of the initiatives from overseas (both current and future) arrive here to bolster the local stuff, the better. In summary: go ford!
  7. bunna

    Fpv Trouble?

    Opens the door for the xr8 doesn't it?
  8. So your theory is ford will close next week because they can't source a part?
  9. A supplier has gone under, how does that put ford jobs at risk? Our operation is fine, we just need parts lol To clarify, stood down in this case means stay at home with 50% pay until we have parts and can build again, it makes no sense whatsoever to assume it means ford people will lose their jobs.
  10. Badges have been on the wrong side of the boot for almost a year lol. Looks like the only option package they got you was the "snake oil". No leather, no dual zone, no 19s, no premium interior. Bastards
  11. *searches for vomiting emoticon* That looks crap, makes the latest HSV range look like Aston Martins. Not pretty in any way, nor is it muscley and tough. Now the Camaro, that is a nice looking car. Why piss fart around with a fugly Torana when the camaro is in the stable?
  12. That's one of the longest bows I've ever seen-they basically said "the mustang is rwd, the falcon is rwd, they could be related!" I'll believe it when I see it. That said, I've driven the latest mustang 302, straight after jumping out of a new GTP, and I friggin loved it. I want one badly. For me it appeals on the same level as my mates 370z-a more dedicated sports car, not a a taxi with a big engine. I'll still be keeping my F6 in the garage though.
  13. Figured I might own up to being a canon fanboy too. 50d for me to start with. Saving my pennies for a 70-200 f2.8 IS II as my first serious lense. I've noticed a lot of tech talk on here, I used to be a bit the same until a mate from work sent me a link to Ken Rockwell's site. I guess tech talk about cameras is kinda like us on here talking about tech specs on cars - not really where you need the knowledge to drive the things! I'm desperately trying to get better at composition-really thinking about what I want my shot to look like before I just click away. Trust me-it only took a couple of cruises and V8 supercharge rounds worth of bursted, not very well thought out photos for me to quickly get over sorting through hundreds of rubbish pics! This is something I've picked up reading Ken's site, as well as checking out Adam's cruise photos, often from the same cruises where it was entirely possible for me to have tried the same shots if I had the creativity. I also have some books by Scott Kelby (did I see him linked a few pages back?), another very helpful soul for us beginners!
  14. bunna

    Fg F6 Lemon.

    I reckon Monday morning I'll send a copy of this thread to FPV and FCSD
  15. bunna

    Fg F6 Lemon.

    Again it's the dealer at fault, not ford/FPV. Call FPV and they'll sort it. I don't understand how anyone could keep doing the same thing over and over (ie visit the same dealer) and expect a different outcome. Also, not much of a dealer if they couldn't pick up a loose intake pipe as part of a pre delivery inspection. Warranty work by its very nature means paid for by the manufacturer, your dealer isn't worth pissing on if that's the sortof response you get out of them. Name and shame. Rattles and water leaks behind the dash smells to me like a HVAC repair issue.
  16. Happy to share some insights on the FGs. Picked up a few tricks putting them together, then taking bits apart, then putting them together again while trying not to make a second hand car out of it
  17. The dash and door spears are straightforward but the ICC surround is a fiddly pain in the bum to separate from the buttons and electronics. I've changed twice: from stock xr silver to GT-E shiny grey and back again. Was trying to sell the FPV shroud a while back but no interest.
  18. You guys are miles out from what the masses are doing/thinking. If anyone wanted the falcon to continue with 6 cylinder only power, or tricked up turbos with a bazillion killer wasps, then ford wouldn't be trialling Nissan in sales and the Mazda 3 wouldn't be the best selling car in the land. The fact is the 4 cylinder is more than capable. Those that haven't driven it and yet sit here bashing it are in the same basket as the guys that said the supercharged V8 was no good. As for fwd vs rwd, I again refer to the Mazda 3 sales. The only reason Expensive Daewoo sells so many commodores (relative to falcon, their market has dropped massively too) is because of fleet sales, but even this is changing. The times have changed, the goose is cooked, the horse has bolted. Some of the expectations on here are frankly laughable. Mass produced cars need to sell to the masses. But Individualistic expectations can be met-that's what our aftermarket industries are for.
  19. Removing the badges from the boot looks silly if you leave the doors. Looks/will look good. Not a fan of the debadged look myself, especially on a FPV, but this does look good with a standard decklid and lip spoiler.
  20. Wheels are Miami gt rims in the same dark argent colour that we've been putting on everything for 2 years. I'm almost surprised there no limited edition badge on the boot Now you can understand why I saved 10k and bought a MkI F6 Look to the V8s for dramatic changes from FPV ongoing, the F6 is what it is.
  21. bunna

    Next Series

    2014-15
  22. Spotted about 30 kinetic sedans/utes at work today. Also spotted the horrible new green colour (yucky). Was going to line a few kinetics up together and take a photo just for you guys
  23. I used to work with SIKBRO. It was a BA ghia, just lowered and rims
  24. Kinetic is the new nitro, meaning make sure you have your indicators set to flash when you unlock it or you'll never find your car in the car park. Everyone knows the cool kids drive vanish. Still selling that stuff STAINedoldundies?
×
×
  • Create New...