-
Posts
63 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by Sydneyxr6t
-
Speak to your tuner, intercooler/piping and high flow cat should see around 320rwkw-330rwkw, that's the limit of these engines unless u go E85
-
What Basic Mods Should I Do To Get 300Rwkw+
Sydneyxr6t replied to xr6_flutter's topic in General Tech
Talk to a few good tuners, tell them what your budget is and ask them what they would recommend cheers Armando -
+1 Bilstiens all round and whiteline front sway bar, gets rid of the standard body roll thru corners cheers Armando
-
Congrats, I have the same mods and similar power. Did you get the ZF tuned as well? You will need some decent rubber to get the power down, I ended up with the Nitto Invo's and am stoked. Enjoy the rush:) Cheers Armando
-
Nice set of injectors/cat and a good tune will get u close to 300, Spiro is a tuning God, so is Ali at BTA motorsports
-
TLB I have same mods but with ID 1000 injectors, you don't really need a surge tank. With a reputable tuner you should get 310-330rwkw. Diff and tail shaft will be fine. Speak to a few good tuners and you will be amazed with the results. Cheers Armando
-
Mate if you are close to Campsie like me, go and see Ali at BTA I always enjoy having a chat with someone so experienced, but also willing to answer any questions that I ask. His workshop is clean, and usually full of cars:) Cheers Armando
-
In The Market, Fg Xr6T. Sell The Fg To Me! (Merged Topic)
Sydneyxr6t replied to J31Joe's topic in XR6 Turbo
Sorry guys I realise you were comparing the FG XR6T with a VE SS, so not really fair to compare against the GTS See link below, baseline run was 208rwkw makes the XR6T look very healthy in terms of power cheers Armando -
In The Market, Fg Xr6T. Sell The Fg To Me! (Merged Topic)
Sydneyxr6t replied to J31Joe's topic in XR6 Turbo
Check this video out, VE GTS with OTR CAI and custom tune 270rwkw cheers Armando -
Best Tuner In Sydney / Wollongong Area
Sydneyxr6t replied to beastF6E's topic in East Coast (NSW, ACT, QLD)
Cmefry BTA and C&V are both top quality tuners, what were you unhappy with at BTA? I have had my car tuned twice there and was impressed on both occasions with quality of work and dedication of Ali and his tuning. Thinking of getting an E 85 tune myself. Pm me if you prefer. Cheers Armando -
Sambo I did my car in 2 stages, basic mods first 292rwkw Then added PWR I/C It's not just the power of the engine but the torque and the power delivery that makes these cars so amazing to drive. I luv stepping on the throttle and feeling the car lunge forward and no I havent got bored yet:) Though I am open to the option of an E85 tune!!! cheers Armando
-
You have pretty similar mods to me, with the exception I have the ID 1000 injectors You should make between 310-320rwkw Mine made 325 but my tuner settled for a safe 317 on 15psi You are in good hands:) Armando
-
Hi I made 233rwkw before mods thanks Armando
-
Guys it seems there are a lot of positives for running on E85. My car is not a daily driver, probaly average 200-250kms per week. FG XR6T/ZF auto with: CAI ID 1000 injectors High flow cat PWR stepped I/C Herrod piping kit ZF tune and SCT custom tune 320rwkw My questions are: 1. What fuel pump options should I go with, Walbro, size/type? 2. Will I need actuator and ported wastegate as part of the upgrade? 3. Best E85 to use as I live in inner west Sydney I have quite a few United/Caltex E85 options nearby What sort of rwkw power gains would I expect from my current 320rwkw thanks Armando
-
Hi mate with the mods you listed, which are a great starting point, you would be crazy NOT to install the injectors. Without them you will be limiting the power and also running high duty cycle on the standard injectors (not a good place for your engine to be) If you go for all the mods you have planned including quality injectors, and get it tuned by a reputable tuner I would suggest 310rwkw to 335rwkw Intercooler will be a key component here as well, choose wisely cheers Armando
-
Autotech/Tunehouse/C&V/BTA All great tuners, maybe shop around and see if one of these guys is happy to sit down and discuss what they can offer you and at a competitive price thanks Armando
-
Injectors High flow Cat CAI I/C Piping kit should see you anywhere from 290rwkw-310rwkw Add an I/C and you should see 310rwkw to 330rwkw cheers Armando
-
Hi I believe the FG XR6T has 0.7 bar or 10psi of boost , I think they came equipped with an overboost feature, where it could potentially lift boost by 10% for a few seconds:) F6 has 0.91 bar or 13.3 psi cheers Armando
-
Glouva that's an awesome time with the standard turbo. Did you run twin fuel pumps and surge tank with the E85? cheers Armando
-
I just replaced a set of rear tyres on my FG XR6T, and went with the Nitto Invo based on price/performance Quiet on the road, much grippier. Cant beat them for $240 fitted:) cheers Armando
-
Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:35 PM 250 just for a run? I had 6 runs today for 150 It all depends on the quality of the tuner, good tuners don't come cheap. 6 runs for $150 sounds too good to be true:) Shop around and get some advice from the guys here in the forum. cheers Armando
-
CAI ID Injectors High Flow Cat cheers Armando
-
Tim well done nice sensible mods and great result. What torque are you making? cheers Armando
-
Which Intercooler For Fg Xr6T Street Car With Mild Mods
Sydneyxr6t replied to Sydneyxr6t's topic in Forced Induction Workshop
THe PWR I/C's are $990 + $35 for shipping, I got my tuner to order and paid $975 cheers Armando -
ooops it should read: Car: FG XR6 turbo Trans: ZF 6 Speed Power: 317.5rwkw Boost: 15psi Induction: SS inductions CAI, PWR Stepped Intercooler Turbo: standard Valve Springs: Stock Exhaust: High Flow Cat Fuel system: ID 1000 injectors, stock fuel pump Power Adder: EDIT BTA Custom tune
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.