MX Dave
Legacy Donating Member-
Posts
545 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by MX Dave
-
sh*t yeah, way way more than 2k Unfortunately not many people know what is actually involved in doing a proper 100% correct bottem end rebuild.
-
Do you bounce off your hammies at the bottom? I've heard that can sometimes cause groin dramas :/
- 5,613 replies
-
I have similar style to adamski with squatting. Don't let knees pass your toes and also don't go too low. I go just past parallel by like 5 or so degrees. Too much past makes your lower spine curl inwards and you loose your straight back and all safe form goes out the window.
- 5,613 replies
-
Wouldn't bother with the exedy mate if you were looking at modding in the future. My clutch lasted 110000kms until I modded the car and 1 month layer couldn't handle the torque. The mal wood clutch is much more drive able an user friendly over the stock clutch and even more so over the exedy.
-
Auto different story bro
-
Dead lifted 180kg this weekend Two reps, Was bloody stoked considering my last pb was something like 160kg 1rep. Had a belt on though, not sure how much difference that would of made?
- 5,613 replies
-
WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread
MX Dave replied to cunners's topic in Western & Northern Australia (WA, NT)
BA mate -
WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread
MX Dave replied to cunners's topic in Western & Northern Australia (WA, NT)
Yeah sucks big time, but I was pretty lucky considering only need a new bonnet, old girl is built pretty tough. medium sized roo at about 75kmh -
WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread
MX Dave replied to cunners's topic in Western & Northern Australia (WA, NT)
Just anialated a Roo, Anyone know of any xr8 bonnets available in WA. Pref black.. :( -
3nays Have to admit looks much better in life
-
Drift spec, yay or nay??
-
WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread
MX Dave replied to cunners's topic in Western & Northern Australia (WA, NT)
Just seen a pile of nice falcons at northan. Big meet on in Perth? -
They had like a 2 page article in a recent men's health where a bit of fatty dressing like olive Oil etc can help to obsorb the nutrients in the veggies. Lil bit of fat is good fr recovery and growth too
- 5,613 replies
-
The Great Rear Camber Adjustment Thread
MX Dave replied to Ralph Wiggum's topic in Suspension and Handling
BA MK1 XR6 Turbo 2003 May Was T5z Yes -
Yep^^ very very true I count calories, carbs and sugars to make sure I know what I'm getting. End of the day the basic diet is normally Oats. Baked beans. Tuna. Vegetables and the occasional bit of fruit with 2 cheat meals a week. Damn cheap, damn healthy damn easy to cook and actually rather tasty
- 5,613 replies
-
- 1
-
-
Whats The Best Brand Fuel ?
MX Dave replied to blackxr50's topic in Engine Management & Fuel Systems
I've always used vortex98. Tuned my motor cross bike on it, had to use bp98 once and it pinged its tits off. Might of been dodgy fuel but still enough to put me off it! -
IMO If cardio eat after If lifting eat before and after
- 5,613 replies
-
Yeah croasmemwber^ forgot that one. Been a while since I converted mine :/
-
No cables all hydraulic. The concentric slave cylender see should probably be changed to alloy one if using a better clutch. Need reverse lockout solonoid,bell housing, Slip yoke to suit t56. T56 itself and the shifter/knob. And oil as well. From memory about 4 litres, fill it up through the shifter hole! Really simple conversion. Can't recommend ace clutches enough, mal wood and various other shops supply them!
-
The turbo water line hose in the last pic is from factory, I think that leak is a factory option as its pretty common! The red line, extremely hard to tell on my phone. Do you have a oil pressure gauge? as it looks like its heading in that direction!
-
Done dozens of these, I normally give it a gentle lever with a plastic pry bar after removing cam phaser seals and the throttle body etc etc It is a rubber gasket though Doing it back up it's as simple as tightening bolts in a clockwise rectangular pattern from inside bolts to outside bolts twice over. Normaly just nip up with 3/8th drive ratchet. Torque wrench really isn't necasarry in my opinion. A dob of sealant where the timin cover meets the block doesn't really hurt either.
-
When you rebuild a truck gearbox that had blown up fifth gear, 15 minutes into the test drive it blows up fifth gear again! Fecken truck too heavy I think
-
Holy sh*t! I'll get that big oneday How much can you power snatch?
- 5,613 replies
-
Wow mate that's a big lift! How much do you weigh now?
- 5,613 replies
-
So damn catchy! best little dance too haha
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.