Jump to content

gogo

Member
  • Posts

    609
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by gogo

  1. Jeff, my understanding is that Nizpro only moved their dyno day to try and assist and support the BVW - not to creat any division in the ranks. I do beleive that this can work and work well!!!! I for one would love to get down to hpf, and support the launch of the new workshop and participate at both workshops. cheers! Ben. President of the "Breaky at Nizzers, Lunch at hpf campaign!"
  2. No - all welcome to both events I am sure! I guess the key is identifying who wants to get to both, and simply managing the timing on the dyno at each location to facilitate this! cheers, Ben.
  3. Some thoughts: Nizpro have been starting there dyno days at 9, hpf are looking to start at 10.30 - lets see if we can get each shop to move by half an hour viz... Nizpro kick off at 8 or 8.30 - I have spoken with Dave at Nizpro, and they are happy to accommodate whatever works for the group – I am thinking that rather than a lunch time BBQ, we get them to put on some bacon, sausages and eggs for breakfast – I am happy to cook (just means I get the best bits of bacon)! Hpf kick off at 11 - I have asked Rob at hpf about this, and he is looking into it (clearly they are also launching the new workshop so a big event for them, and lots of organising) Okay.... It should be possible to get a minimum of 6 cars an hour on the dyno, so that means 12 – 15 cars should be able to run at Nizzers at a minimum, and leave to still make the start of the hpf day. Basically to get this working I think we need to get a few of the guys from hpf to support the show at nizpro, and some of the nizpro guys to support hpf - the rest can spectate and enjoy the show! To get the ball rolling towards a happy resolution, I thought I would suggested a program for discussion - clearly this is just my thoughts, and I have not discussed this with any of the relevant drivers/owners as to whether or not they agree, or would like to run at both but... 8.30 am - kick off at Nizpro (if we have enough interest – kick off at 8.00am) Cars to run 8.30 Start with some of the "hpf", interstate and “non-affiliated” guys such as: 8.40 geea? Goldbullet? DBoss? FpvT6? 8.50 Buf-hoon? Mr Turbo? Xrdreaming? Nabeal? 9.00 Flukeyluke? Laurie? Saleen? 9.10 Link? Max Power? EnvyT? 9.20 Blonk? fill? Sutty? Frank? 9.30 then some of the Nizpro guys - Deek? 9.40 Adam? 9.50 XR6T8_U? 10.00 xlint? 10.10 Phils 6? 10.20 Gogo!!! 10.30 BCL's 600rwkw beast!!!!!!! 10.40+ others who want to run such as the mad hi-ace etc – finish about 11.30 – 12 depend on how many cars are to run! I have picked out names from the BVWII, plus Robin and Phil who are currently fighting it out for the open class at the nizpro shootout. That gives between 6 and 9 spots for the hpf/interstate guys dependant on who else wants to run. Then those that want to be at the opening of the new hpf workshop can leave and join the start of those festivities. The “Nizpro” guys come down a little later or as they like... Then we do it all again So at hpf – clearly this is up to them but: 11.00 start with some of the cars that didn’t go to Nizpro, as well as perhaps some of the monsters indicated such as Tryhard - winner of Summernats Horsepower hero 2006, Gary Popes SS - 2nd at Summernats 2006, Nathan Higgans Ute, and other non-fords, then get into the fords 12.00 - 12.30 the remainder of the “Nizpro” crew arrive if all the BVWII guys run that is about 18 cars. 13.00 or later gogo, xlint, deek?, XR6T8U?, Phils 6?, and bcl? along with the guys who also ran at Nizzers, and the balance of the hpf and BVWII crew. I don’t want to presume too much, so perhaps Dboss, and geea in consultation with hpf and develop the hpf side a little more. I believe this can work, and would be a great day! Breaky at Nizzers, Lunch at hpf, and heaps of awesome cars! What do people think? cheers, Ben.
  4. That is probably correct Adam - But I am sure hpf would do it if they knew they had bunch more cars coming, otherwise as you say, it will be hard. A possible format could be to run the 'big' cars at Nizpro first off along with any other from hpf that want to do so - say before 11am. Then run them again at perhaps 2 or 3pm at hpf, that way people can see these cars go at it at either or both places (for those that want to run twice). I would be up for that! It also means that the guys who have their cars tuned by hpf can get down their at a reasonable hour, and basically not miss much/any of the fun there, and someone like me who wanted to stay at nizpro and support the rest of the guys running their cars, could do so, and still compete at hpf later. Regardless of how it happens, I would just love to get as many sexy and powerful T's on the one dyno's as we can - even if that means doing twice!!!!! Cheers, Ben.
  5. I think we might try to manage it so that those that want to can attend both events. Perhaps Nizpro in the morning and HPF in the afternoon... as a thought Nizpro have put on a great show with great prizes so far on the first two dyno day's, and competition in the open class will hopefully be hotting up for this one. It would be awesome if we could get some of the monster beasts tuned by hpf to nizzers such as Dave's new monsterbullet, Geea's weapon, along with Rob and Laurie. Provided both Robin and Phil compete again, and with mine hopefully pulling close to 400rwkw, not to mention bcl's beast and the other interstate guys - we could easily have 6 - 8 cars over 350rwkw. I would love to see that! Then we could all go to hpf and do it again. hot!!!!!!!! Do people think this is feasible, cause I really would love to be a part of seeing all the top cars going back to back on both dyno's or is this too much? BVWII - I canne wait laddies... As poor 'ol big Kev would say - "I'M EXCITED" cheers, Ben.
  6. For those interested in a track based day, Nizpro have been organising a series of some driver training in June, and 2 track days in August from memory - all at sandown. I would recommend contacting Simon if you are interested... Cheers, Ben.
  7. My understanding is the physical size of the gears in the T5 are much smaller than in the T56 - hence the latter boxes greater load capacity. Nothing wrong with the T56, and no - I do not beleive there is anything that can be done with any economy to strengthen the T5. Good luck with it! Ben.
  8. gogo

    Hi Guys Back Again

    hi Nick, welcome back out of hybernation...
  9. gogo

    Shoot Me

    Only Bambie season ← Hey George, where ya been mate, welcome back Anyway , I have to say it "Stooge Season " You know HFP V Nizzers ← Gee - I wonder which I am... Dave in for sure if no prior commitment
  10. Hey Ben... Is he referring to 'live' tuning? As I believe the edit as it currently stands can't be tuned 'live' while on the dyno, it's a matter of make some changes, upload it to the car, see how it goes, and then more of the same till happy with the tune... whereas the LS1 edit when performed is tuned live with the car on the rollers... or am I mistaken? I remember reading somewhere else on here about live tuning of the edit but I can't remember where... Jack ← Yes Jack - there was a post about that - not sure on the truth or otherwise of it. Obviously this would allow the tuner to tweak the tune with less iteration and save time, however if they pursue the best possible tune using the current methodology and the parameters available to change are not altered, in theory I beleive this will not change the end product. In practice it might hover - it just depends how much time the tuner is prepared to spend chasing the final tweaks given the current method take a reasonable time on each occasion a change is made.
  11. gogo

    Shoot Me

    depends on date Dave
  12. gogo

    Stage 2 Cobra Kit

    Are you moving to Sydney Dave? Jack ← I suspect that dave is quite happy where he is. I suspect they are floating a few idea's at the moment, and the Sydney Siders will have to wait and see what unfolds. Regardless of when this all comes together, there are a couple of workshops in both QLD and in Sydney attending the tuner training workshop. The following is taken from the Nizpro forum with attendees confirmed as at a couple of days ago... Cheers, Ben.
  13. Firstly - welcome to the forum. As others have implied - fitting a 3" exhaust may actually mean you are going backwards in parts - If you are going to do an exhaust go 4", or just replace cat and centre muffler on stock. All hareware mods should be accompanied by an appropriate tune. As for the ford flasher (edit), again as others have indicated, this has been available for maybe 15 months or a little more now. New releases of the dealler software are released from time to time which add functionality, but these are fairly mature for the BA's. I hope you continue to enjoy your car! Cheers, Ben.
  14. gogo

    Stage 2 Cobra Kit

    Could not recommend highly enough Pete - I had the Cobra stage II kit fitted and this along with the Nizpro tune completely transformed my car. I already had 302rwkw and went to 331rwkw with mine, but the difference was astounding in terms of responsiveness, drivability and smoothness etc. Fuel econ also improved a little on the cruise following the retune and fitting the kit. If I was starting the mod path again I this kit and the bigger brakes would be the first two items on my list. As others have mentioned, it really is a well put together and well engineered piece of gear, and I think represent very good value (as opposed to cheap). Cheers, Ben.
  15. I do beleive a few vehicles have this set-up including the Nizpro Ute, bcl and xlint has just fitted these. Be careful with whose shock you use and spring rates, as this impacts the ability for the car to get the power down.
  16. Thanks to to Gary and Rob for organising it. Best turnout for one of these I have been to - sorry we couldn't stay for the photos at Lake Mountain - would have been great if we had the additional 6 or 8 who turned back after lunch. I would also like to say GO HAWKS!!!!!!!! cheers, Ben.
  17. On my bike is the plate "gogo" - funny about that really... Got it because it was (and still is) the nickname given to me by that group of mates... It also seemed somehow appropriate (well perhaps more so then than in my old (er) age when I seem to have slowed down a whisker...) Other plates I have seen over the years that I like include... PAID4 and GRAMPS (with a blanket across the rear parcel shelf and a hat on it!) - there are others but brain not really functioning... Have a few friend who also have nicknames on the cars or bikes... Cheers, Ben.
  18. gogo

    A Simple Game

    or an image of a good looking car - Boof was a great colour!!!! Cheers Ben.
  19. that is some serious smoke! Nice mate - but where was the sound of the V8 in action... Ben.
  20. I agree about the flat torque curve lawsy!! Nice result Simon! This should feel great on the road.
  21. gogo

    Flash Tuners

    power gain with a good custom tune is likely to be in the order of 40 to 50rwkw - some cars give even more. Some of the BF Typhoons are getting up near 300rwkw with edit only. You will also gain a lot of midrange punch - most people are very very happy with the results! Pick a good tuner - and go there (where are you located)! Cheers, Ben.
  22. Ha - I don't know Jack - if it gets you laid who cares?
  23. I am in for at least the first part. Will be tagging along with the Nizpro boys - wonder if they will lend me the ute? lol Cheers, Ben.
  24. ... when you get sunburnt through your hair on the top of your head... Response - shave head... Now when I get sunburnt on the top of my head it is because it is shaved/short, nothing to do with it thinning.. oh no...
×
×
  • Create New...