Puffwagon's Territory Adventures

Puffwagon

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 26d

Pulled the engine out today. Fark me it was a mission to get the flex plate off, farken dowels didn't want to let go.

Gonna pull it down soon, don't tell the missus lol :roflmbo:

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Yeah nah cant let the boys down :drinks:

@k31thIt wasn't doweled before so it sheared the bolts. I upgraded to a stronger bolt and chucked 6 dowels in. There was no play whatsoever in the dowels, bolts or flex plate, so seems to have done the trick :)

• Like 2

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

I reckon it will stay on. It'll shear the bolts eventually if you get it to hook up, but mine took several dozen tyre blazing awd hits over 1000hp before I had an issue.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Pulled it halfway down today and it looks about what I'd expect to see. I pulled one piston out for a look, the bearing is nearly perfect and can be run again and the crank looks good. The ring gap hasn't changed, the skirt coating has taken a bit of a beating, the crown coating is fine except a bit of a mark where the valves hit, pin is still fully floating so the pin bore is good. The bores don't look much different than when it was assembled but need measuring. I've gotta do some measuring on the oil pump to make sure it still has the right clearance and the front cover hasn't been squished. It looks fine inside however. The head looks good from what I've seen so far. I haven't got the valves out yet so will see what the seats look like when I get to that. All the valves are bent except a a couple. Cams are good, lifters/rockers are good, cam tunnels are good.

Nothing is too terrible all things considered. I'll need to get a bit more organized to get stuff further apart, measured and cleaned up, so will do that whenever.

• Like 3