Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 11y 8m 1d
  • Gender: Not Telling
Posted

Hey man if you've got a bunch of mates that have falcons that's a good way to go about it, as long as at least one of you knows how to tune. That way you only have to buy credits for extra cars rather than everyone buying a separate copy.

  • Like 1
  • Member
  • Member For: 12y 3m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Australia
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Puffwagon said:

@rollex

 

Nothing in S.A?

 

There is one other bloke in Elizabeth who is using us who has done a few cars already. I've tried the other workshops but no one here seems interested even with the discount which is unfortunate being as I'm in SA!

Edited by rollex
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 11y 8m 1d
  • Gender: Not Telling
Posted

I think when you have released your logging software you'll have more interest.

 

Also when some pcmtec tuned cars show solid results, interest will pick up even further.

 

There was mention that @Peppy_t92 had good results with large cam control and drivability. This to me is as much of a game changer as flex fuel and boost by gear is.

 

It's still early days though. If a tuner can't offer flex fuel and boost by gear then 99% of customers will go elsewhere.

  • Like 2
  • Member
  • Member For: 13y 8m 17d
Posted

Well have good news. Just worked with IMS and it is all working as expected. Just a few clean ups but there is now Flex Fuel in the Falcon :)

 

One thing to fix is Stoich recalc but I was expected that could be a issue to resolve. I will do that and the WOT gear change over the weekend.

  • Like 9
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 11y 8m 1d
  • Gender: Not Telling
Posted

Can we get a demo at some stage? Have a wide band and an ethanol content sensor changing next to each other at idle?

  • WOT?
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 13y 7m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Frankston, 3199
Posted
11 hours ago, Puffwagon said:

Nothing in S.A?

 

Have they got the turbo's in S.A. yet?

 

I thought they were releasing the EL Falcons over there next year?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 11y 1m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: NZ
Posted
They were conversion places mainly. I'll have a look and get back to you. 
 
FYI everyone else we just updated our website with some of the Aussie tuners who are using our product as well. 
 
https://www.pcmtec.com/workshops
Thanks mate
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 11y 5m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Canberra ACT
Posted

If anyone has the time or interest, I'd be keen to know whether I'm on the right track here.

I had been planning to use Bosch 968 injectors in the BA and wanted to tune myself rather than copying someone else's work and going "hey, I tuned my own car".

I took the data sheet from the TI Performance page, which gives data for these injectors across a range of fuel pressures. I then graphed these, and inserted estimated values for XR6T fuel pressure to make the graphs looks reasonable. The supplied data doesn't result in a linear graph for most parameters, so I couldn't see how I could directly calculate scaled values (not with my maths skills anyway). So I plugged stuff in until the graphs looked sensible.

Does this approach work and do the values I've come up with match what others have used for these injectors?

I'm not planning to use these injectors anymore since the BA is dead and I'll use something else on the FG. But I'd still like to learn if I'm on the right track.

Obviously I would have then refined these numbers a bit using the wideband once I had flashed them into the car.

https://1drv.ms/x/s!Ajh2OpnhQjEpgsJ2cm-90Fdw82RNVA

  • Member
  • Member For: 12y 3m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Australia
Posted

Do you have a link to the original TI Performance data?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...