Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 11y 7m 30d
  • Gender: Not Telling
Posted
14 minutes ago, rollex said:

ecutek

 

I had a quick look at their website a couple of days ago as I was/am looking for xdf's for my wifes 2012 es lancer. The tactrix read it no worries but I haven't found anything to tune it yet. I was hoping to use ecuflash but yeah...no xdf.

  • Member
  • Member For: 12y 11m 30d
Posted

Is the tuning at least 1 vehicle a month a requirement to buy the workshop software @rollex? I probably won’t be playing with many for a while but plan to use it to do a few conversions and also make it run on a Sohc so the extra features make it worth gettin especially for the price!

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 11y 7m 30d
  • Gender: Not Telling
Posted

It was supposed to be an eofy incentive.

 

It wouldn't be much of an incentive if the software stopped working or forced you to buy new credits after one month.

 

I wasn't going to say anything about it but it really is too good to pass up (imo) and I know that plenty of people here would want to jump on it too.

 

Haha maybe pcmtec can buy me a bottle of whisky ;)

  • Member
  • Member For: 12y 3m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Australia
Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, eff xr6t said:

Is the tuning at least 1 vehicle a month a requirement to buy the workshop software @rollex? I probably won’t be playing with many for a while but plan to use it to do a few conversions and also make it run on a Sohc so the extra features make it worth gettin especially for the price!

 

The workshop version is designed for workshops who do a lot of tuning. However to give back to the community we have offered to to a few DIYers as well. There is no requirement to buy any more credits if you only ever want to tune your car, there is no subscription or ongoing payments.

Edited by rollex
  • Like 2
  • Member
  • Member For: 12y 11m 30d
Posted

Sweet will purchase mate. Any recommendations on a cable to buy? I’m thinking the Bosch vcm because of the ability to flash factory updates aswell?

  • Member
  • Member For: 12y 3m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Australia
Posted

Tactrix is the cheapest, a real VCM2 is over $1k the ones you see on ebay are all chinese clones with pirated software.

 

Personally I like the tactrix and the mongoose, the mongoose is easily double the price though, so not as good value.

  • Like 1
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 11y 7m 30d
  • Gender: Not Telling
Posted

On that subject, don't jump on ebay and order a $40 tactrix. It'll be fake. 

 

Get it through the website. Mine was $315.15 delivered (this will vary according to the exchange rate) and took 6 days to arrive.

  • Member
  • Member For: 12y 3m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Australia
Posted (edited)

The fake tactrix cables blow up after a week so I definitely don't recommend them.

 

If you are on a budget the VCX Nano on ebay is about $120 AUD, it flashes at about half the speed of all the other cables however it seems to work fine. Only problem is the USB plug itself is prone to breaking.

 

Tactrix seems to be the best middle point cost and quality wise. Most of the tuners who use them bought one for Subaru tuning 5-10 years ago with them still going strong today.

Edited by rollex
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 11y 5m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Canberra ACT
Posted

I grabbed my Taxtrix from TI Performance - $269 and sent from Australia.

  • Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...