Ralph Wiggum

Diy Tuning

Very Few people adjust the SD tables, most adjust injector slopes to achieve Commanded AFR's with minimal fuel trims.

Adjust hi/lo slop start around 80lo and 73hi Adjust Lo until Open Loop Afrs @ idle matches Commanded and Same for Hi until Hi matches open loop commanded at WOT

Leave flow rate V pressure stock as our cars don't reference this. (those values are used in returnless systems)

Break point or around .0000385lb

Set you battery offset table so the value @ 14v + the Min Pw is apros 1.5ms. Then adjust the offset in small increments (like 5%) until your CL Idel LTFT are within around 5% +/-

that's a starting point.

Those figures you supply are very different to what I would have extrapolated from the calibration table.

So if I look at the calibration table I provided above

the low injector slope is .015913lb/sec = 7.2g/sec

the high injector slope is 0.013497lb/sec = 6.122 g/sec

but then this was at 39.15psi.

Factor into 58psi (4bar) and you have to uplift the above by the square root of 58/39.15 = 1.217

So I would have thought the starting point as per these calibration tables would be

low slope 7.2 X 1.217 = 8.764

high slope 6.122 X 1.217 = 7.45

Even the injector offset is way different.

So I would have original thought the calibration table was a good place to start but seems not

So I would have original thought the calibration table was a good place to start but seems not

Welcome to tuning Aus Ford with SD calibrations. When you get your software in, bang in the corrected 4bar figures and see what the trims and AFR's are like, They try again with the figures I've posted. they wont be bang on but I can just about guarantee they will be better than any like for like injector calibration data.

Fuel breakpoint according to the calibration table is 0.0000144400lb or .0000065498738228kg at 39.15psi

uplift it by 1.2173195 to equate 58psi would make Fuel breakpoint for these injectors at .00000797328kg

The ford factory figure in the above table is 0.000009975kg

This is very different to your 0.0000385lb

I dont have a clue how these affect the fueling but will find out once I get my VCM pro delivered

I will let this be until I have an actual play with it. Thanks just read your above post.

Edited by turbotrana

set it to .000009975kg's and it will idle beautifully as it will be pig rich. That figure will have engine idling on the injectors hi slope values and it will be BS rich.

xcal3 can't log the ford specific PIDs aka direct memory requests for the BA and you have to use an xcal2.

Thanks Toad, this is good to know. Does that enable spark source logging for BA's? (or what exactly does it allow over xcal3/HPT)?

Anyway, Anyone wanna swap their Xcal 2 for my Xcal 3?

Cheers,

Chris.

^ spark source/torque source, fuel source etc etc etc. All the good stuff you wan to know. Have a look at all the Parameters in live link that are in CAPITALS they are all DMR's that an X2 can log on a BA.

Edit: ^ I learnt that at the Church of Toad.

Hey mate, I think they may still give you support since at the end of the day it is their product. The ebay seller may be an authorised re-seller or distributor. If so its all good.

No good Paulie...

When I had issues with my interface not working they asked for the number on the interface ans as it didn't match the list of ones they have sold they turned me away.

LUCKILY, Bill @ HP Tuners come to the party and they sent me a new interface out of Aus. Otherwise, support? What support lol

If you want support, buy from VCM Aus. Simple. They were quite open in telling me that also :)

Anyone starting out may benefit from these Source Values when datalogging with their Xcal. VERY handy if you are experiencing torque reduction or encounter an unknown condition and you want to know where to start looking.

Enjoy :)

Spark Source Values:

0 Crank or under speed

1 Base

2 Borderline

3 Torque control

4 Pre-ignition

6 Stabilized low load

7 Cold engine low load

8 Idle feedback at minimum clip

9 Idle feedback

10 Spark set by on-demand self-test

15 Output State Control

16 Foreground Spark Borderline Clip

18 Closed-Throttle Deceleration Spark

Fuel Source

0 Closed Loop fuel control mode is active.

1 Cylinder cutout - Stabilized - Short Term Fuel Trim at lean stability limit.

2 Some Exhaust Component too hot - Enrich Short Term Fuel Trim to cool exhaust temperatures.

3 Cylinder cutout - Stabilized - Short Term Fuel Trim controlled by torque control feature.

4 Cold engine/startup open loop logic – Cold start up engine table

5 Stabilized normal drivability logic - Base fuel Table

6 Lean fuel error logic.

7 Engine running EGO monitoring testing - intrusive Short Term Fuel Trim control.

8 Engine running On-Demand testing - Short Term Fuel Trim controlled by OBD-II exec.

9 Cylinder cutout - Cold Engine - Short Term Fuel Trim controlled rich to avoid stumbles.

10 Snap Adaptive - ramping Short Term Fuel Trim towards stoich for KAM update.

12 Thermactor Air test - intrusive Short Term Fuel Trim control.

13 Open Loop Development override - Short Term Fuel Trim set to calibrated scalar.

TQ_SOURCE Identifies the source of the torque reduction requestor

0 No Torque Reduction Requested (Torque Control Off)

1 Torque truncation, transmission

2 Traction Control

3 Vehicle Speed Limiter

4 Engine Speed Limiter

5 Tip-in shock Control

6 Tip-out Decel Control

7 Torque Shift Modulation, transmission

8 Engine Oil Temperature Control

9 Fail Safe Cooling Control

11 Turbo Charger

12 Passive Anti Theft system (PATS)

13 Tip in Torque Control

TQ_SOURCE Source of torque reduction:

0 Driver Demand

1 Transmission torque truncation

2 Traction Control

3 Vehicle Speed Limiting

4 Engine Speed Limiting

5 Tipin rate limiting

6 Tipout torque

7 Transmission Shift Modulation

8 Engine Oil Over temperature

9 Target N

If you want support, buy from VCM Aus. Simple. They were quite open in telling me that also :)

For tuning based support (which is minimal) yes, for software support I deal directly with Bill from HPT in the US.

Did you take the time to type out all the source values? If you did good on you. If you have a document that C&P'd them from Dibs on a copy!

I remember seeing those in livelink, havent seen if they work with the xcal3 on the bf. anyone know

Yes. Been issues over the yrs though with some torque source data, mostly related to the version of livelink being used.

I just ordered VCM pro from this ebay site, being delivered from US for $US700.

http://cgi.ebay.com....em=200588303550

And yes he said it supports our Aussie Ford Turbos.

It might be a mistake as I am sure the Australian VCM does provide some support whereas I dont see this ebay guy giving any support.

Nevertheless its Sunday afternoon and a purchase on ebay or online is just a few clicks away, I just couldn't be bothered waiting till Monday to ring up the Aust VCM suite, just too hard.

It does not support fg automatic transmission

HP Tuners has not done the 6 speed auto yet. From what I have gathered the US HP Tuner, whether you buy it from US, ebay or Aust is all the same product.

It is the same product but you wont get the software to do the box and to be honest I dont want it. When the time comes I want boost fuel ignition and changing some sensor thresholds to allow the car to raise boost without a hissy fit.

Stav

I have the innovate lm1 kit from my last car. It monitors air fuel via wideband with tps and rpm with several other inputs to 5 volts to monitor other copmonents. Before I tuned my last car I bought books on tuning frequented forums on tuning and then and only then attempted to tune. I dont want to go into to detail how I tuned but I can say that it takes alot of care in the beggining especially in a high compression or turbo car. Tune idle to 14.7 then be conservative in boost then gently check your data and adjust. Personally I will strip timing out and run it to a richer setting and work from there. I am not familiar with the vcm software but for the home tuner seems sufficient to alter the basics which I need to do the job. I have also thought about installing a haltech as I had on my last car because at the end of the day it does the job and I find it easy to tune.Unfortunately haltech dont provide support for the fg so the vcm it will be.The only thing I will need for the lm1 in the fg is a tach adapter to run it. In saying that the vcm allows a wideband to be connected eliminating its need.. So the vcm can map rpm tps and wideband air fuel sensor readout to provide accurate reliable info. It makes the haltech and lm1 not not needed to tune as it is a complete package but see how we go in the future with adding the wideband into the computer

Edited by useless

How can I change my username? Id like to change it to stav.

Bpt book looks good. A google search will dig up some great books in tuning a car also some good points on how to tune is on the net. The secret is be very careful

Has anyone downloaded a stock FG FPV turbo file that HP Tuner can read. I'd be interested to see the settings on these as they run a larger injector than the std turbo.

Has anyone downloaded a stock FG FPV turbo file that HP Tuner can read. I'd be interested to see the settings on these as they run a larger injector than the std turbo.

I sent you a stock fg f6 a6 file.

Your welcome by the way