Ralph Wiggum

Diy Tuning

I checked VCM Suite Australia to do an online purchase but no online stuff for the MPVI Proffessional from what I can see. Did you guys just ring them up. I think I have forgotten how to ring as I only do online purchases now.

Or do you buy it from the HpTuners US website for $649. Their online store seems pretty sorted.

So whats the go.

The aussie site only sell the pro version afaik.

I just rang them direct and spoke to Greg when I purchased mine.

Edited by JVK

I havent had any issues with flashing my or a mates car with hp, both our cars originally tuned with sct and both had changes to the zf calibration. Just get the changes made to the zf tune and flash it with sct. Then flash over the top with hp to change the engine stuff. Ive tried two different calibrations in the zf to ensure I could notice the difference if hp caused anything. It doesnt, the zf calubration is stored in the tcm. Ive pulled both the zf tunes ive had with basically all else in the engine the same, the diferences in the trans was just shift firmness, but ive been able t find differences in the torque managment tables that can be viewed with hp. What im yet to try is changing these tables in hp and see if they have the same result as what I asked for with the zf calibration

And just quietly get on board the hp tuners train lads!! The more we get the more inclined we are to get the features that hp is currently lacking ie zf

I checked VCM Suite Australia to do an online purchase but no online stuff for the MPVI Proffessional from what I can see. Did you guys just ring them up. I think I have forgotten how to ring as I only do online purchases now.

Or do you buy it from the HpTuners US website for $649. Their online store seems pretty sorted.

So whats the go.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HP-Tuners-VCM-Suite-STANDARD-8-Ford-Credits-/200719841589?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ebbd5b935#ht_2354wt_906

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/INNOVATE-LM-2-Single-Channel-Wideband-FULL-KIT-3806-/290475553839?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43a1b1342f#ht_5376wt_1186

Good if you wont need the inputs of the MPVI Pro. Buy yourself an Innovate LM-2 Wideband and a second hand X-Cal 2, and your in business :) All for just over a grand!!

I think it keeps up with the speed of the bus better. I have been told the xcal2 is too slow and will crash after a period of logging. I have also experienced this myself.

But I thought you could log more info with the xcal2.

Can I data log mine using HP Tuners with the SCT tune, last time on the dyno for sh*ts and giggles it played around, it's doesn't seem to be the tune but something to do with the engine, generally seems fine on the road but it hasn't been taken to ten/tenths on the road to see if it replicates it in the real world. It seemed to stop at 5000rpm for a few seconds then went again, the graph looked as wavey as a choppy day at the lake, didn't log it while on the dyno because we were just playing around on a friday night. The only thing that has been changed since the tune 3.5 years ago was the diff ratio from 2.73 standard ZF ratio to 3.46 BA 4Speed ratio, would the ratio change mess with the tune, in my experience no but that is mostly NA V8 Commodores. that's the only physical part change but maybe my engine is getting tired, 07 BFII F6 84,000km's been tuned since 33,000km's. It showed a lot more torque in the midrange than my mates 6L VX with heaps of work and has 15 more rwkw's than me. Pushing 17psi in the mid.

Edited by Foon

hey ralph, sent you pm but have not received anything... wheres the love?

Tonight I will sit down and send out some stock tunes to the people that have asked for them. Been a bit busy with work Paulie

xcal3 can't log the ford specific PIDs aka direct memory requests for the BA and you have to use an xcal2.

Can I data log mine using HP Tuners with the SCT tune, last time on the dyno for sh*ts and giggles it played around, it's doesn't seem to be the tune but something to do with the engine, generally seems fine on the road but it hasn't been taken to ten/tenths on the road to see if it replicates it in the real world. It seemed to stop at 5000rpm for a few seconds then went again, the graph looked as wavey as a choppy day at the lake, didn't log it while on the dyno because we were just playing around on a friday night. The only thing that has been changed since the tune 3.5 years ago was the diff ratio from 2.73 standard ZF ratio to 3.46 BA 4Speed ratio, would the ratio change mess with the tune, in my experience no but that is mostly NA V8 Commodores. that's the only physical part change but maybe my engine is getting tired, 07 BFII F6 84,000km's been tuned since 33,000km's. It showed a lot more torque in the midrange than my mates 6L VX with heaps of work and has 15 more rwkw's than me. Pushing 17psi in the mid.

Re-tune time if you have changed the diff ratio :-)

Yeah with an xcal3, if the supplier enables user adjustments then you can do it yourself. Otherwise HPT is another option if you want to expand on things.

I just ordered VCM pro from this ebay site, being delivered from US for $US700.

http://cgi.ebay.com....em=200588303550

And yes he said it supports our Aussie Ford Turbos.

It might be a mistake as I am sure the Australian VCM does provide some support whereas I dont see this ebay guy giving any support.

Nevertheless its Sunday afternoon and a purchase on ebay or online is just a few clicks away, I just couldn't be bothered waiting till Monday to ring up the Aust VCM suite, just too hard.

Edited by turbotrana

Yeah with an xcal3, if the supplier enables user adjustments then you can do it yourself. Otherwise HPT is another option if you want to expand on things.

Supplier as In Tuner, Or supplier as in person I bought it from.. Shame I got it off eBay if that's the case

I just ordered VCM pro from this ebay site, being delivered from US for $US700.

http://cgi.ebay.com....em=200588303550

And yes he said it supports our Aussie Ford Turbos.

It might be a mistake as I am sure the Australian VCM does provide some support whereas I dont see this ebay guy giving any support.

Nevertheless its Sunday afternoon and a purchase on ebay or online is just a few clicks away, I just couldn't be bothered waiting till Monday to ring up the Aust VCM suite, just too hard.

Hey mate, I think they may still give you support since at the end of the day it is their product. The ebay seller may be an authorised re-seller or distributor. If so its all good.

Edited by Paulie2256

I no longer have an sct tune in my car. Tune is just loaded into my PCM. Been thinking about doing a trade with someone with an xcal 2 so I can datalog properly. At the moment my xcal3 basically just gets used to read codes haha.

post-822-0-37536000-1344832090_thumb.jpg

This is the calibration sheet that relates to the injectors I want to use. These are easy to convert to metric and I guess this table helps heaps. These injectors flow aroud 60lb at 4bar and one of the few you can get calibration sheets for bar the ID ones (I think)

post-822-0-78555100-1344832117_thumb.jpg

Fuel injection adjustment

post-822-0-30358200-1344832160_thumb.jpg

Speed density tables.

So its quite easy extracting the info from the calibration sheet to put in the Fuel/injector page.

So I gotta put in

Flow rate high

Flow rate low

flow rate high vs pressure

flow rate low vs pressure

breakpoint

offset vs voltage

offset vs pressure (I think they are zeroed out on this ford tune)

min pulse width.

Now how close to the tune will this get me?

So for the fine tune I got to go to the Speed density tables.

Which table do I adjust here

The spark and wastegate part of it looks not too bad to sort out

Edited by turbotrana