Diy Tuning

Ralph Wiggum

• Member For: 13y 2m 28d

I no longer have an sct tune in my car. Tune is just loaded into my PCM. Been thinking about doing a trade with someone with an xcal 2 so I can datalog properly. At the moment my xcal3 basically just gets used to read codes haha.

• Member For: 21y 17d

post-822-0-37536000-1344832090_thumb.jpg

This is the calibration sheet that relates to the injectors I want to use. These are easy to convert to metric and I guess this table helps heaps. These injectors flow aroud 60lb at 4bar and one of the few you can get calibration sheets for bar the ID ones (I think)

post-822-0-78555100-1344832117_thumb.jpg

Fuel injection adjustment

post-822-0-30358200-1344832160_thumb.jpg

Speed density tables.

So its quite easy extracting the info from the calibration sheet to put in the Fuel/injector page.

So I gotta put in

Flow rate high

Flow rate low

flow rate high vs pressure

flow rate low vs pressure

breakpoint

offset vs voltage

offset vs pressure (I think they are zeroed out on this ford tune)

min pulse width.

Now how close to the tune will this get me?

So for the fine tune I got to go to the Speed density tables.

Which table do I adjust here

The spark and wastegate part of it looks not too bad to sort out

Edited by turbotrana

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 24d

Very Few people adjust the SD tables, most adjust injector slopes to achieve Commanded AFR's with minimal fuel trims.

Adjust hi/lo slop start around 80lo and 73hi Adjust Lo until Open Loop Afrs @ idle matches Commanded and Same for Hi until Hi matches open loop commanded at WOT

Leave flow rate V pressure stock as our cars don't reference this. (those values are used in returnless systems)

Break point or around .0000385lb

Set you battery offset table so the value @ 14v + the Min Pw is apros 1.5ms. Then adjust the offset in small increments (like 5%) until your CL Idel LTFT are within around 5% +/-

that's a starting point.

• Like 1

Those figures you supply are very different to what I would have extrapolated from the calibration table.

So if I look at the calibration table I provided above

the low injector slope is .015913lb/sec = 7.2g/sec

the high injector slope is 0.013497lb/sec = 6.122 g/sec

but then this was at 39.15psi.

Factor into 58psi (4bar) and you have to uplift the above by the square root of 58/39.15 = 1.217

So I would have thought the starting point as per these calibration tables would be

low slope 7.2 X 1.217 = 8.764

high slope 6.122 X 1.217 = 7.45

Even the injector offset is way different.

So I would have original thought the calibration table was a good place to start but seems not

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members

So I would have original thought the calibration table was a good place to start but seems not

Welcome to tuning Aus Ford with SD calibrations. When you get your software in, bang in the corrected 4bar figures and see what the trims and AFR's are like, They try again with the figures I've posted. they wont be bang on but I can just about guarantee they will be better than any like for like injector calibration data.

Fuel breakpoint according to the calibration table is 0.0000144400lb or .0000065498738228kg at 39.15psi

uplift it by 1.2173195 to equate 58psi would make Fuel breakpoint for these injectors at .00000797328kg

The ford factory figure in the above table is 0.000009975kg

This is very different to your 0.0000385lb

I dont have a clue how these affect the fueling but will find out once I get my VCM pro delivered

I will let this be until I have an actual play with it. Thanks just read your above post.

Edited by turbotrana

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members

set it to .000009975kg's and it will idle beautifully as it will be pig rich. That figure will have engine idling on the injectors hi slope values and it will be BS rich.