genuine honest person Member 2,769 Member For: 12y 8m 4d Gender: Male Location: near brisbane Posted 13/03/15 11:03 AM Author Posted 13/03/15 11:03 AM its only a weekend car , and I have industrial ear damage so will most likely not hear any difference . but thanks for your input . I am looking forward to a manual, just looked at the rip shifters for $500 are the any good ?
masda74 To Loud Legacy Donating Member 4,114 Member For: 14y 10m 1d Gender: Male Location: WA, Perth Posted 13/03/15 11:14 AM Posted 13/03/15 11:14 AM I got the aeroflow short shifter in my manual and I love it..stripes had the rip shifter in his GT and did not like it at all.He went for a drive in my XR6T and the following Friday he was at MT taking the rip shifter out and putting their aeroflow one in.If you can, go out and drive someone's car that has a rip shifter and then drive another one with the aeroflow gear. That way you can make an informed decision. 1
bamk2f6tornado Legacy Donating Member 777 Member For: 12y 9m 29d Gender: Male Location: Rockhampton Qld Posted 13/03/15 11:15 AM Posted 13/03/15 11:15 AM Malwood shifters are just as good as or some say better than rip shift and they are lots cheaper. 1
masda74 To Loud Legacy Donating Member 4,114 Member For: 14y 10m 1d Gender: Male Location: WA, Perth Posted 13/03/15 11:20 AM Posted 13/03/15 11:20 AM .stripes had the malwood shifter in his XR6T and still preferred the aeroflow shifter in my car.Gunna, wanna come to WA to test drive my car? 1
barnz Member 3,047 Member For: 12y 10m 12d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 13/03/15 11:23 AM Posted 13/03/15 11:23 AM (edited) Aeroflow one is like half the price as wellSo you got a good motor and box sorted...for under 6k! That leaves quite a bit of your budget. I say you load it all in the back of the ute, drop the whole shabang at FPT and let them do their thing. Edited 13/03/15 11:27 AM by barnz 2
genuine honest person Member 2,769 Member For: 12y 8m 4d Gender: Male Location: near brisbane Posted 13/03/15 11:24 AM Author Posted 13/03/15 11:24 AM lol that is a long way for me as I am from the sunny coast QLD . sounds like I am getting a aeroflow shifter ,how much are they ?
genuine honest person Member 2,769 Member For: 12y 8m 4d Gender: Male Location: near brisbane Posted 13/03/15 11:28 AM Author Posted 13/03/15 11:28 AM also just one more thing . as I have a ba model car with a fg gearbox ,which model shifter do I have to buy ? ba or a fg
barnz Member 3,047 Member For: 12y 10m 12d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 13/03/15 11:32 AM Posted 13/03/15 11:32 AM Fg im fairly certain, luke187 could best answer that as he has a tr6060 in a ba. 1
genuine honest person Member 2,769 Member For: 12y 8m 4d Gender: Male Location: near brisbane Posted 13/03/15 11:53 AM Author Posted 13/03/15 11:53 AM (edited) ok , thought he said mine is better than his . his is a older model , I think . will ask him tomorrow thanks barnz . ps I am going to get the same clutch he has just a smother clutch set that is not as aggressive .his is a full race speck plates .I will get a more street able version still rated to the same powerof direct clutches in Brisbane Edited 13/03/15 11:54 AM by gunna
eff xr6t Member 569 Member For: 13y 2d Posted 13/03/15 12:07 PM Posted 13/03/15 12:07 PM Get the twin plate 6 puk version I have the same one and it loves 3rd gear standing start powerskids with over 500rwhp.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now