hawlass Legacy Donating Member 1,161 Member For: 18y 10m 25d Gender: Male Location: left right out Posted 05/12/13 09:44 AM Posted 05/12/13 09:44 AM I was suggesting these for getting the bolt all the way home , before tightening with a ring or open end spanner. I have a set of ratcheting ring spanners which I use once the bolt/nut has been loosened with a regular ring- bloody handy tools which save time and cursing in tight spots.
Kroozin Menace Legacy Donating Member 1,990 Member For: 15y 5m 13d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 05/12/13 10:04 AM Posted 05/12/13 10:04 AM Blue smoke on decel. and coast...
Kroozin Menace Legacy Donating Member 1,990 Member For: 15y 5m 13d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 05/12/13 10:50 AM Posted 05/12/13 10:50 AM
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m 3d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 05/12/13 10:54 AM Posted 05/12/13 10:54 AM Wow that's badAdd to that your rig expelling blue smoke.......And here I was thinking getting flashed by that speed camera on parramatta rd was going to cost me a hunge.... At least my car is fine!!
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 10d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 05/12/13 11:03 AM Posted 05/12/13 11:03 AM Oh sh!t Kroozin :( How??Yeah Mick I was thinking that one totally loose bolt would not be good during expansion, right? Causing it to crack? Or do you mean the cracked housing is what caused the bolt to come out? Still powers on nicely at least...cracked housing is not part of my plan...
hawlass Legacy Donating Member 1,161 Member For: 18y 10m 25d Gender: Male Location: left right out Posted 05/12/13 05:53 PM Posted 05/12/13 05:53 PM That sucks Kroozin, how'd it happen?.
STAINLESS again plz You've changed man.... Legacy Donating Member 8,142 Member For: 15y 9m 7d Gender: Male Location: 2 Fuchsia Court, Narre Warren. 3805 Posted 05/12/13 06:56 PM Posted 05/12/13 06:56 PM Tried buffing it out? That worked for me when I had blue smoke. As for the dint, I just drove my spare car.
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 7d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 05/12/13 11:31 PM Posted 05/12/13 11:31 PM StevenR, these housings crack quite often once tuned, when they crack around the bolt hole, the bolt will continue to come loose, there may be no performance loss though until the bolt actually falls out, some bolts can not fall put though because of the pipe fittings 1
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 10d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 06/12/13 05:43 AM Posted 06/12/13 05:43 AM Yeah lucky for me hahaha. Cheers Mick. Should I bother to loctite it? I have 263. Assume the extreme heat will render it useless anyway. Just gotta get the right spanner from Bunnings and keep an eye on it.
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 7d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 06/12/13 06:27 AM Posted 06/12/13 06:27 AM Loctite will not handle the heat, you either have to keep tightening the bolt, or fix it properly
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now