Weight Training For Beginners

Kv!

• Member For: 16y 3m 5d

All good boys. You're not here to answer to me, as I'm no one in the world of bodybuilding.

That being said I have studied a double degree in Nutrition and Dietetics & Human Movements, so I most of my knowledge isn't from "brocebo". I find 18-20 kgs of lean muscle in 14 months very hard to digest - especially not assisted.

All good boys. You're not here to answer to me, as I'm no one in the world of bodybuilding.

That being said I have studied a double degree in Nutrition and Dietetics & Human Movements, so I most of my knowledge isn't from "brocebo". I find 18-20 kgs of lean muscle in 14 months very hard to digest - especially not assisted. I would still like to see a pic though

madf6 keep your pants on dude

just chill out

dont get so worked up in everything u post in

ok back on topic.

"Every" post - lol. I've told you a million times not to exaggerate.

It's all good dude - not everyone's a princess like you.

• Like 1

• Formerly EGOBFXR6
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 23d

Hey guys,

Congrat's to everyone who has posted in the thread up until now. From what I have read, there is some really good advice being given.

The hardest thing with anything sports/health related is filtering out the rubbish and finding the advice that is truly worthwhile. Since this whole 'health movement,' has started (Think biggest loser etc) everyone seems to know everything about everything, and it's honestly just as dangerous as having no idea. There are some seriously incorrect notions being passed around at the moment.

I have a degree in Exercise and Sport Science, with a post-graduate diploma in Excercise Physiology, A certificate III and IV in fitness/gym instruction and I have worked as a PT on and off for about 3 years. I am also enrolling into a Master's program at the start of next year - Possibly Strength and Conditioning, so I'd like to think that I have some idea about what's going on in the world of exercise...

Being 100% frank with you all, and cutting right past the bullsh*t, there's only 2 types of people to listen to. 1) Those who have studied in the area and have the knowledge to pass on 'scientifically proven' facts and information. OR 2) Those who have done it. Take one look at someones physique and you'll know pretty damn fast if they know what they're talking about...

Your best bet is to get things like training regimes, basic nutrition/eating patterns, training styles etc from those who have proven themselves by developing a serious physique, but also take on the scientific side from those who are qualified relating to things such as training types, intensities, physiological adaptations etc.

As stated, everyone is different so you really need to find what works for you... Everyone has different goals, different aspirations etc. You then have issues such as motivation, prior injury, frequency and intensity of training... It can become quite complex.

Think of it this way - You don't ask some random on the street the best way to modify your F6 to 400rwkw do you? You deal with those who have done it themselves or those who have had the proper training to do so.

Hope I can contribute to the thread and provide some helpful advice :spoton:

Cheers,

Dan

Edited by NVT

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 1m 18d

350grams per week with a great diet, workout and some good genetics isnt that hard to believe...oh and heaps of hard work!!

Edited by ozking1

• Turbo Noob
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 7m 4d

On the topic about everyone being different. I thought it was a disgrace that Doctors use the BMI on a regular basis an are telling perfectly healthy people they are obese! When I lost 30 kg I had to do a medical for my bus licence. The doc did the BMI and told me I was morbidly obese. I questioned him in it. At the time I was fit as. Running 6km plus a day and doing a lot of other work. Lucky I'm no push over and I knew I wasn't. But I can't believe these trained professionals are using this as a measure. I know it is faster than doing somatotype style analysis but I think it is really damaging! What do others think?

Ant