bossmang FREAKY Legacy Donating Member 12,441 Member For: 16y 9m 14d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 29/10/12 10:10 AM Posted 29/10/12 10:10 AM cheers for the feed back guysOh and freaky, not sure how old you are dude, but unless your over 26 or so don't bother. At 21 like me youd still be producing similar levels to an older bloke on roids, try not having a pull or sex for a week and see how aggressive you Wana hit weights, it works! I get edgy after 2 f***n days haha25He should be SMASHING weights thenhahahahfunny f*cker
STIFLR Legacy Donating Member 572 Member For: 17y 10m Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 29/10/12 10:31 AM Posted 29/10/12 10:31 AM Very very few IFBB pros that are natural and I think only 1 has ever qualified for the Olympia. That I know of at least and he didn't compete.I find rope pull ups or the opposite to a triceps pull down good for my bicep also 21's seem to give me the best pump and I noticed a difference in how much size I was putting on when I took them out of my routine.I wouldnt mind doing a session with some of you big guys. I am wanting to compete sometime next year as I have a mate that has won a few trophies at the VIC and AUS amateurs and he recommends it and any tips or hints would be awesome.hey mate, happy to give you some tips of what I've learnt over the past 18months of training for a comp.
MiKa Legacy Donating Member 4,243 Member For: 20y 1m 18d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 30/10/12 10:30 AM Posted 30/10/12 10:30 AM Sometimes after I work out a muscle, lets say bicep. I do my normal heavy, till failure etc.. I drop down to a lower weight and do like 15-20 reps just to get that bit of extra burn, good idea?
Wingnut Member 573 Member For: 18y 2m 5d Gender: Male Posted 31/10/12 02:05 AM Posted 31/10/12 02:05 AM I do that a lot too Mika but I think if you're going to failure then able to do 15-20 maybe the weight you're super setting with is a little low? I super set a lot these days
MiKa Legacy Donating Member 4,243 Member For: 20y 1m 18d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 31/10/12 04:55 AM Posted 31/10/12 04:55 AM Do you think it helps to get stronger? I may do it more often.. Yeah I prob drop it to half and do it till failure aswell, so anywhere between 10-20 reps depending on muscle.. I don't do it after each exercise either, once per muscle group.. Eg back and bicep day, I would do a set on the seated row and a set with dumbells for biceps..
Wingnut Member 573 Member For: 18y 2m 5d Gender: Male Posted 31/10/12 08:29 AM Posted 31/10/12 08:29 AM I found it helpful in knowing how far I can push myself as that super set or drop set really f*cking burns. In the end it's what ever works for you. I try new things every time I'm in the gym. Some work some don't and finding what suits your body is a lot if fun. I wasn't happy with my chest workout so I tried something I saw Dexter do by super setting flat bench with the pec deck. It's something I always do.
brettenator Member 66 Member For: 15y 9m 6d Gender: Male Posted 09/11/12 05:47 AM Posted 09/11/12 05:47 AM (edited) Mines a little bit wider than shoulder width with toes pointed out slightly. I track my knees over my toes which allows a deeper squat. Deep enough to blow the ass out of a pair of shorts during squats at lunch today.<br /><br />Works for me anyway.Done that a fair few times lolMine squat stance is similar, a little bit wider than shoulders. If I'm doing box squats I generally keep them shoulder width.AFAIK wider stance helps with glute and hammy activation?I was asking because the majority of the pros do wide stance squats. They preach wide stance for box squats and free squats and being the stronger method, and also the one that develops more muscle.I don't have a bicep routine. Guy I train with is crazy anti bicep/ tricep days.Do a arms shoulder day but hardly any focus on curling.It is a bit home-o to have a bicep/tricep day, but nothing wrong with sneaking in a few curls just to be safe haha Edited 09/11/12 05:48 AM by brettenator
bossmang FREAKY Legacy Donating Member 12,441 Member For: 16y 9m 14d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 09/11/12 07:23 AM Posted 09/11/12 07:23 AM im struggling to build my biceps at all.fkn chit genes
Never had any say Panda I <3 Floods Legacy Donating Member 11,198 Member For: 15y 2m 8d Gender: Male Location: South West QLD Posted 09/11/12 08:04 AM Posted 09/11/12 08:04 AM Wait till ya get a few years on freaky.. I used to struggle to build biceps (even though I could do big weights) 4 years later it's happening way better then before.
Goliath Member 383 Member For: 16y 2m 24d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 09/11/12 08:24 AM Posted 09/11/12 08:24 AM The majority of size on my arms comes from doing compound movements; deads, rows, benches, presses etc. You also need to take into account that your triceps takes up most of your upper arm, so if you want your arms to look huge, don't neglect them.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now