Goliath
Member-
Posts
383 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by Goliath
-
hnnng C63
-
Think tinted/smoke tail lights would go mint with that.
-
I have had a similar feeling doing leg curls, always insure your calves are stretched out. When you leg curl you will notice the higher you go in the curl, the more your feet/toes point up causing your calves to tighten. Pointing your feet down a little will help counteract this, but make the lift harder. What other exercises are you doing? try do any balance work near a wall, so you can catch or assist yourself if needed. Like I said, try not to push through any pain.
- 5,613 replies
-
Had a semi decent leg session yesterday. As some of you now I have only just started getting back in to ATG Squats, this is what I went 60x10, 100x10, 130x10, 140x12, 100x10, which makes me 1RM 202~. I'll probably bump everything up by 10kgs for the next session and see how we do. Also have started doing single leg hack squats (10 a leg x 4 after squats) which give quite a decent burn. Single leg leg press still has a bit of go, managed to get up to 160kg, was pressing 200kg single leg prior to surgery. Chest today, might try a set of 150kg if I'm feeling it, if not definitely 140kg.
- 5,613 replies
-
- 1
-
-
Managed 200x8 on the deads tonight, so one more rep than last week, think it was more untapped potential than a strength gain. Also felt easier than last week (was pretty light headed then). 100x10 140x10 170x10 200x8 140x10 Stiff Leg DL
- 5,613 replies
-
- 1
-
-
I could feel one brewing during my deads.
- 5,613 replies
-
Had a semi decent back session. For deads went: 100x10 140x10 170x10 200x7 140x10 Was expecting to get to 10 reps at 200, but didn't realise that still gives me a 240kg 1RM, so I'll keep working away at it and try and get to 10 reps in the next 6 or so weeks (before heading to Thailand for a family wedding + holiday). Second leg session tomorrow, still easing my way back in to ATG squats though.
- 5,613 replies
-
I don't like to calculate 1RM on anything repped over 10 times. Calculators tend to get less accurate the more reps you do. When I can get to 140kgx9 unassisted I'll count the 180 1RM haha. I was the same after my first reco. But doing rehab at the gym mulitple times a week soon changed my thoughts on leg day!
- 5,613 replies
-
Only Olympic bars for me. On another note, thought I'd test out how many times I could rep 100kg on the bench, I had previously done 18 reps a few times. Managed 24!! This was on my second set, I generally rep it out after4-5 sets.
- 5,613 replies
-
I think realistic goals for me this year (pending weight loss) B 180kg S 230kg DL 260kg
- 5,613 replies
-
Strength training has been a large part of my life thanks to rugby for the last 10-11 years, so it's been a long journey to get to these weights, considering how many people are hitting the gear these days! This year is all about getting as strong as I can at hopefully 100kg (eventually).
- 5,613 replies
-
Bench 170kg 1RM, If I can get to 185kg, I'll probably stop about there.
- 5,613 replies
-
I got you on that one with 115kg Currently sitting at 112.0kg, came down from 116.6kg from the last 4-6 weeks. Really want to get to 105kg by April 24th (heading to Thailand for a family wedding then holiday).
- 5,613 replies
-
Whats your average speed?
-
Yeah on the deadlifts. Went to 190x5 raw, when my grip failed. Strapped up for the 220 lift.
- 5,613 replies
-
Managed 220x3. Definitely need to get to work on that!
- 5,613 replies
-
I'm going to go heavy on deads today, hopefully I'll clear 220kg. Not expecting much more than that.
- 5,613 replies
-
pfft smith machine.
- 5,613 replies
-
- 1
-
-
That's good there's no knee pain. As long as there is no pain, you should be good to increase the weight. I would focus on your hammies heaps more though as the muscle is has been weakened significantly. Pretty sure you had the hammy graft?
- 5,613 replies
-
I only do single leg leg press now, 1 - because there's not enough weight if I'm going heavy and 2 - because I can focus on progressing my legs together, instead of one leg possibly doing more work. Make sure you don't try and work through any knee pain. I have also been doing GVT training most the time since squatting, which has me squatting about 60% 1RM, but increased sets.
- 5,613 replies
-
- 1
-
-
You should probably look in to a physio to see where your at first and then they can provide you some exercises to do. Your going to want to be able to do bodyweight squats before adding the bar/weight. Also stuff like lunges, step-ups, calf raises, hamstring curls, light leg pressing, just off the top of my head. How long post-op are you?
- 5,613 replies
-
- 1
-
-
-
Yeah, my car was on the driveway when I checked (has a steep section which makes it easy to get under the car)
-
Had the same problem. Was resolved after tightning the bolts around the rear swaybar bushes. It looked tight to me, but I still tried to tighten it up.
-
Haha thanks mate, always struggle to take a decent back pic, need to try and optimize the lighting haha.
- 5,613 replies
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.