Mrs Jeturbo Bob the Freaking Builder Legacy Donating Member 10,813 Member For: 17y 18d Gender: Female Location: SA Posted 07/04/11 12:00 AM Posted 07/04/11 12:00 AM Sun Moon Stars Venus Eclipse and a dog with his leg in the air, that's all I'm saying
SHO-247 Member 77 Member For: 15y 11m 23d Gender: Male Location: South Australia Posted 07/04/11 01:50 AM Posted 07/04/11 01:50 AM thanks for the feedback guys. I thought it would have sounded stupid asking about were to go for the tune. lolim thinking I might get a pump and injectors first and then get bruce to tune it all at once.. that way I should clear 300 hopefully.but will it be ok for me to drive to bruces without a tune and my intercooler kit installed? I wanted to try to install it myself to save a bit of cash, but if its as unsafe as I think it might be I will probably get them to install it for me.thanks for the feedback.im surprised there are so many northern members... iv only ever seen shauny's car a few times and that's about it!
southside Member Member 868 Member For: 17y 8m 29d Gender: Male Location: Radelaide.. Real Posted 07/04/11 01:55 AM Posted 07/04/11 01:55 AM It'll be fine to drive around with new kit as long as u stay off boost! so get it tuned asap
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 4m Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 07/04/11 06:28 AM Posted 07/04/11 06:28 AM spotted me and gloo pumping the pants out of the northern streets 2 day u really can drive the sh3t out of that yoot impressive dude
Gloo Member 403 Member For: 18y 4m 25d Gender: Male Location: Northern South Australia Posted 07/04/11 07:32 AM Posted 07/04/11 07:32 AM I should really come on the next cruise but I am always busy. Surprising or not, I was on my way to get new tires. Haha. Good times. Your car sure pulls a nice skid without a clutch, sounds mental with the "stock" exhaust? Loud enough to know its got balls but no so loud that you can't hear that turbo whistle.
CAT600 Member 50 Member For: 20y 6m 25d Location: Perth Posted 07/04/11 12:59 PM Posted 07/04/11 12:59 PM Yeah Im interested to see how long CAT600's ZF holds up in his twin turbo FG XR8 at over 600rwkw. Seems XFT have been doing some great work in recent times.We have some guideposts.It survived WOT 1000rwnm/613rwkw tuneIt didnt survive 1030rwnm/670rwkw tuneIt was fine with the power rolled on in 3rd (until it blazed the tyres @ 5000rpm that is) but I WOT loaded it in 4th and something let go under full traction... no 4th/5th/6th now so I'm guessing its the common B clutch.I dont think the car would shift gears with that kind of power if you have full traction, but it will hold that power once engaged... I plan on testing the car with 16 psi/800rwnm/500rwkw in 1st/2nd then once I shortshift 3rd manually I'll up the boost to 27psi/1030rwnm/670rwkw and hold on for the 400m marker.Want to try and run it in the next month or so.... if not it will be in June at the AFF nationals.Daniel
The Jizard GONE FULL WIZARD Legacy Donating Member 1,617 Member For: 17y 8m 25d Gender: Male Location: 720 East Kensington Road Posted 07/04/11 02:14 PM Posted 07/04/11 02:14 PM I figured it would sh*t itself eventually with you Dan, no mercy on power or the right foot
CAT600 Member 50 Member For: 20y 6m 25d Location: Perth Posted 07/04/11 09:52 PM Posted 07/04/11 09:52 PM I figured it would sh*t itself eventually with you Dan, no mercy on power or the right foot Yeah we broke it after 400kms (input shaft) but since we put the upgraded shaft in there it did 10,000kms trouble free running around with 538rwkw on pump fuel... the only thing that was an issue the whole time was the trans going into fault mode du to input speed too high (trying to rev past 7000 it would occasionally throw a code). Once the trans is rebuilt and we confirm the demise of that common clutch from 4th-6th, I just wont run it in 4th with that power level, instead I'll go for a 28" tall drag tyre and run it out the back door in the top of third..... will be interesting to see how it holds up.Daniel
Panda Eyes flame magnet Legacy Donating Member 5,674 Member For: 18y 4m 15d Gender: Male Location: adelaide hills- 'race air' central Posted 07/04/11 10:24 PM Posted 07/04/11 10:24 PM very impressive power dude. got some piccies?
BF6 Member 333 Member For: 15y 10m 27d Gender: Male Posted 08/04/11 03:11 AM Posted 08/04/11 03:11 AM That's awesome!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now