k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,112 Member For: 18y 5m 20d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 17/09/14 12:01 AM Posted 17/09/14 12:01 AM U lads with your big hours must be on a good wicket though, do you reckon its worth it?Not on a big wicket. Just a measly salary.If it's worth it or not will be whether they end up paying me more for the same work in the near(ish) future or I have the skills/desireability for a different company who is willing to hand over the big $$ for what I'm doing...
Bizkets is Drunk? Too heavy needs boost Member 5,929 Member For: 13y 1m 25d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 17/09/14 12:12 AM Posted 17/09/14 12:12 AM im on $24.28 a hour. need heaps of hours to buy sh*t I dont need.
Mrs Jeturbo Bob the Freaking Builder Legacy Donating Member 10,813 Member For: 17y 17d Gender: Female Location: SA Posted 17/09/14 12:20 AM Posted 17/09/14 12:20 AM daily rate ftw... no matter how long I come in for if I log on I get paid for the day.
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 5d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 17/09/14 12:28 AM Posted 17/09/14 12:28 AM Yeah salary here too...any time spent procrastinating is made up elsewhere as nobody else does my job. Surely before you head off to training you need to do some "Preparation for Training" That's called smoko yeah? On to that right now. 1
Rab WOT? Legacy Donating Member 10,981 Member For: 13y 7m 5d Gender: Male Location: Frankston, 3199 Posted 17/09/14 12:31 AM Posted 17/09/14 12:31 AM (edited) I've also found rebooting the computer eats into time on a CBF'd morning tooHell - it can take a good hour before I'm able to do any actual work if I need to cycle the servers too Edited 17/09/14 12:32 AM by Rab
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 11d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 17/09/14 12:35 AM Posted 17/09/14 12:35 AM smoko wtf sounds like homework
Never had any say Panda I <3 Floods Legacy Donating Member 11,198 Member For: 15y 2m Gender: Male Location: South West QLD Posted 17/09/14 12:51 AM Posted 17/09/14 12:51 AM U lads with your big hours must be on a good wicket though, do you reckon its worth it?I'm not gonna post my actual income.. Base salary is decent.. But every hour of O/T is paid at 50% of my charge rate for the job I'm working on.. So OT only gets paid if you can bill someone for the work you do..Sad fact was I worked bigger hours for less money in my last job but I think I enjoyed it more.. (See tabs post about apprenticeship lifestyle previously)
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,112 Member For: 18y 5m 20d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 17/09/14 12:52 AM Posted 17/09/14 12:52 AM Hell - it can take a good hour before I'm able to do any actual work if I need to cycle the servers tooYou're game... cycling servers in business hours is a risky practice... your throat could be slit at any moment
Lennox Member 2,586 Member For: 13y 7m 4d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 17/09/14 12:55 AM Posted 17/09/14 12:55 AM I worked massive hours last year for less than my current rate and was clearing up to $2700 a week as an apprentice in perth. Now I'm a tradesman doing 40 hours a week and don't earn anywhere near that. f*cking hurts.. Long hours ftwMight have to go fifo....
Lennox Member 2,586 Member For: 13y 7m 4d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 17/09/14 12:56 AM Posted 17/09/14 12:56 AM (edited) Dbl cheers tapatalk sorry guys Edited 17/09/14 12:57 AM by Lennox
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now