F6 RAPID Formerly Turbo6 Legacy Donating Member 2,332 Member For: 23y 9m 1d Location: North Brisbane Posted 01/08/06 01:04 PM Posted 01/08/06 01:04 PM Robin, do you think the fall-off in power in the mid-range could be tuned around given a nicer fuel ,eg 50/50 mix of Optimax Extreme and 109 Sunoco ?
xrdreaming Legacy Donating Member 1,693 Member For: 23y 8m 9d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 01/08/06 01:09 PM Posted 01/08/06 01:09 PM Great info Robin, as you know I have now gone down the same path as you and have the same spec turbo as yours. I am now going down the path of an external gate and new dump pipe so I will let you know how I go.
JP300 Legacy Donating Member 842 Member For: 21y 25d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 01/08/06 01:28 PM Posted 01/08/06 01:28 PM Good detailed and informative info ... Thanks Robin.Keep up the good work ...
gogo Member of team Kittens Member 609 Member For: 22y 7m 15d Location: Melbourne Posted 01/08/06 01:47 PM Posted 01/08/06 01:47 PM Good stuff as always Robin.The new curve has a much more linear mid range indicating a much flater torque curve. I think that is definitely the way to go, and as you say makes for much better drivability and predicatability...Cheers,Ben...PS my pistons have finally arrived so things might start moving in the 'coming to get ya' stakes
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m 7d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 01/08/06 10:44 PM Posted 01/08/06 10:44 PM It is fantastic to see more and more members modifying their engines. New exhaust manifolds, hi-flow turbo's or bigger turbo's, ext gates, it is great to see.I remember not that long ago, 350rwkw was a huge figure to have. Now youre not even in the game with that...... and I love it!Keep up the great work!
G6ET8U Playing with Sports Bikes... Legacy Donating Member 1,927 Member For: 20y 11m 9d Gender: Male Location: Whistling, GTX. Posted 02/08/06 06:24 AM Posted 02/08/06 06:24 AM It is fantastic to see more and more members modifying their engines. New exhaust manifolds, hi-flow turbo's or bigger turbo's, ext gates, it is great to see.I remember not that long ago, 350rwkw was a huge figure to have. Now youre not even in the game with that...... and I love it!Keep up the great workIndeed ms700... the power some of these cars are making now would be winning HorsePower Heroes at Summernats only 6 or 7 years ago... but now they are daily drivers with impecable street manners...PS my pistons have finally arrived so things might start moving in the 'coming to get ya' stakes Fingers crossed for me too as hopefully by Christmas or there abouts I'll have the rest of the stage 2 and maybe an built engine going in... and yes bcl I'll make sure I get brakes if I go ahead with those mods...Jack
Rhino1980 09JET Member 1,510 Member For: 17y 3m 19d Gender: Male Location: E. Maitland Posted 25/01/10 11:49 PM Posted 25/01/10 11:49 PM Can I ask what did the new wheel and compressor housing cost?
DesFlurane Member 351 Member For: 20y 5m 20d Gender: Male Posted 26/01/10 02:10 AM Posted 26/01/10 02:10 AM This is a thread from August 06.Prices may have changed now
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 19d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 26/01/10 07:53 AM Posted 26/01/10 07:53 AM dad , what does a miner do ?
bcl Toughest BA Turbo Legacy Donating Member 3,408 Member For: 23y 9m 14d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 26/01/10 08:40 AM Posted 26/01/10 08:40 AM He did pretty well to dig this up.Haven't heard from Robin for a long time.Someone like GCG could give a price for this sort of upgrade. Brian
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now