Bigger Huffer Fitted

xlnt6

• Formerly Turbo6
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 3m 11d

Robin, do you think the fall-off in power in the mid-range could be tuned around given a nicer fuel ,eg 50/50 mix of Optimax Extreme and 109 Sunoco ?

• Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 20d

Great info Robin, as you know I have now gone down the same path as you and have the same spec turbo as yours. I am now going down the path of an external gate and new dump pipe so I will let you know how I go.

• Member of team Kittens
  • Member For: 20y 1m 26d

Good stuff as always Robin.

The new curve has a much more linear mid range indicating a much flater torque curve. I think that is definitely the way to go, and as you say makes for much better drivability and predicatability...

Cheers,

Ben...

PS my pistons have finally arrived so things might start moving in the 'coming to get ya' stakes :laughing:

• Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 2m 19d

It is fantastic to see more and more members modifying their engines. New exhaust manifolds, hi-flow turbo's or bigger turbo's, ext gates, it is great to see.

I remember not that long ago, 350rwkw was a huge figure to have. Now youre not even in the game with that...... and I love it!

Keep up the great work! :spoton:

• Playing with Sports Bikes...
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 5m 21d
It is fantastic to see more and more members modifying their engines. New exhaust manifolds, hi-flow turbo's or bigger turbo's, ext gates, it is great to see.

I remember not that long ago, 350rwkw was a huge figure to have. Now youre not even in the game with that...... and I love it!

Keep up the great work

Indeed ms700... the power some of these cars are making now would be winning HorsePower Heroes at Summernats only 6 or 7 years ago... but now they are daily drivers with impecable street manners...

PS my pistons have finally arrived so things might start moving in the 'coming to get ya' stakes

Fingers crossed for me too as hopefully by Christmas or there abouts I'll have the rest of the stage 2 and maybe an built engine going in... and yes bcl I'll make sure I get brakes if I go ahead with those mods...

Jack :spit:

• 3 years later...
  • Toughest BA Turbo
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 3m 25d

He did pretty well to dig this up.

Haven't heard from Robin for a long time.

Someone like GCG could give a price for this sort of upgrade.

Brian