Jump to content

old_mate

Member
  • Posts

    767
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by old_mate

  1. King Matrix 20 x 9.5 all round
  2. Yes I have it still reversed with my kenwood
  3. A standard rebuild should only be around 1800. As soon as water touches the mechatronics its all over.
  4. I reckon it looks great and will make myself a decent company car in 2016.
  5. Herrods comes supplied bolt in plug and play. I'm willing to pay the extra rather than fart about making a harness. Pretty sure both boost a spark and the fuel booster do their thing at a selectable boost level. Can't wait to give them a go
  6. Fuel pump voltage boosters are ideal if you don't have an external surge or pump. Im trying to work out if surge problems were to do with lack of return all along or if its a pickup issue.
  7. Who was the first and second tuner pro346?
  8. Or you can hit a power pole exiting or entering the joint as seen on facey this morning. Silly Late model camira drivers
  9. atomic warranty = lol having said that I am using their springs and balancer
  10. Herrod Mal Wood and XFT are all doing steel diff hats now. Would that help the breaking of bolts?
  11. having a good old punt around queensland raceway this morning. Finished off what was left of rear tyres and murdered my long suffering brakes
  12. You successfully on car balanced a tailshaft with uni joints? Nice one most of the cars I know just live with the hum at 80ks
  13. I know of one CES dump that keeps cracking. They fix it each time for free which is good of them - hopefully design has been changed a bit.
  14. The latest holley pumps are very quiet
  15. On the road its pretty crazy - comes on just like a stocker but keeps pulling like a horny teenager. Have lost to a few GTX cars out at QR as they still wind me in but am still undefeated as far as traffic light grand prix go. I would look at a smaller turbo only if manual. These new precision and borg warner offerings may change the game yet again
  16. Yes.
  17. I didn't imply anything in this thread except the drilled injectors were sh*t once I replaced the fuel pump which to be fair wasn't retuned straight after fuel pump was installed because the day after I then put 52lb injectors in. Right at the beginning of the thread we still had plenty of fuel at just under 300rwkw and I suspected valve springs were the cause. I have a receipt here the previous owner paid $550 for those suckers; I bought the 52lb bosch for 500 and then the 1000s for the same - did you ever question why they were for sale cheaper than even F6 injectors? Now google Nizpro 72lb drilled injectors and see both sides of the their story. These injectors are not dissimilar and they will make the power you want as I said they would if you're tuner is willing to spend the time doing it. Drilled injectors by nature can have different spray patterns and the data for the factory injector goes out the window hence wht they can take a bit more effort to tune. The dyno sheet from my 288rwkw tune wasn't all over the shop; once we put the fuel pump in and had the injectors my tuner wanted he leaned on it and confirmed valve springs were shot. If you're that worried put them up on ebay and make more than you're money back. You bought drilled injectors. For 17 bucks each. Can't see how its my fault you didn't do your research.
  18. Now that I have Googled the conversion your temps look fine
  19. Mine runs about 75C in normal traffic in summer peak hour goes to about 90C. At Queensland raceway it spiked at about 103 but dropped to 98 after a cool down lap. In winter in the highway it sits at 68. I have external cooler behind passengers fog light.
  20. Actually you paid 100 bucks all up for the injectors - you bolt them in and a tuner who has either tuned drilled injectors before or is willing to spend a bit more time sorting them out you will be just fine.
  21. Not at all. It was my tuners idea to replace the injectors as he wasn't sure about spending the time to tune them from the start; after the walboro fuel pump went in we didnt spend any more time trying to fix the tune as we were always going to replace them. It was pegged around 300rwkw due to factory valve springs. Those injectors will max a standard turbo and you paid less than $30 bucks per injector - it's been well documented what drilled injectors are and what can happen - there are several cars in QLD running high 300's with these injectors when tuned by the people who distribute them.
  22. Stock ZF? Great setup, great numbers well done
  23. lol I bought my car tuned at elite with a ZF tune that would almost chirp on part throttle upshifts. Took it back and offered to pay $500 bucks for them to retune it less harsh and they said all trans tunes are the same. Ended up at another tuner and started the whole tuning process from scratch plus another 10k in further mods.
×
×
  • Create New...