-
Posts
842 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by JP300
-
Good to see some good times on the street rubber. Well done... Manual or Auto?
-
Well done Jimmy on another PB. I am sure that you will creep into the 10s once you get that launch technique sorted. If you can cut a high 1.6 60 footer you should easlily crack into the 10s.
-
Hi Guys, I'm a bit little late but Tunehouse had a XR5 Turbo dyno day today... It was a great day, 14 cars where put on the dyno with results ranging from 98 fwkw to 191 fwkw. Here are some pics on the day. Tunehouse have purchased the SCT Tuning software and are offering full custom tunes!!
-
Fordforums Nationals Drag Event.@ Hpr 29th & 30th May 09.
JP300 replied to FSIX's topic in Track & Strip Racing
Well done... Was mark driving or did you drive it ? Same power as the 10.80 and same tyres? Just interesting to see that stripping the car made that much difference. It's a top effort regardless ... -
Interesting thread and very timely... I have resisted buying another GTR for quite a while now but had to submit to my inner voice telling me to get back into a GTR and do some circuit racing and maybe do a tarmac rally or two. I know that the EVOs are a better car for this sort of work but I love boosted straight sixes. I cannot justify the $160K to $180K price tag for an R35. I might look into one in a few years time. I will let everyone else sort out the headaches and problems. I bought an unregistered imported 1990 R32 GTR. It has an engineers certificate and was no problem to get it registered. This car must have been a Japanese street warrior it has plenty of goodies installed and you can see that it has led a hard life. The owner said that it had a lot of chinese/asian stickers all over the back windscreen. The interior is pretty clean and body is straight but has some key marks on the bonnet, guard and door. The aim is to build a reliable circuit and drag car. 300 awkw is what I would like to have on tap. I'm at the stage where I am assessing its condition and cleaning it up a bit, sorting out the customary oil leaks (standard for these cars) then it is going in to Tunehouse for a full inspection and maybe a tune. I am prepared to rebuild the engine and replace and repair whatever it needs to make it worthy of sitting in the same garage as my 10s taxi. Depending on how it comes up, I might be at WSID in the next few weeks to clean out the cobwebs!! I had an Aussie Spec GTR which with an exhaust, Intercooler and a tune ran 11.9sec passes, lapped oran park south circuit in 52 sec on steet rubber and ran 1:08s around Wakefield on slicks. That was a good allround car... On the street it was amazing. Hopefully this project will produce similar if not better results.
-
With some MTs and that sort of power you should easily run an 11s pass ... at least make sure that you are having fun practicing!
-
Well done ... that is very impressive and you are definitely getting used to the launch technique !! With 126MPH you will easily run a 10s pass on some sticky tyres.
-
That's a beauty !! ... Of coarse Calder is down hill and so is Heathcote. Why do you think the guys down there run so fast. (ONLY JOKING!) I love Heathcote, especially when a plane decides to land on the drag strip as you are staging !! True story, this happened to me.
-
See ... I knew there was a reason why I nicknamed my car "The Taxi". These cars are the real deal. Once again, well to GTECH and all involved.
-
Well done Jimmy, the car looked like it was doing it pretty easy!! ... It still has a bit more off the line so you should be able to do a low 1.9sec 60 footer, so I recon an 11.5 sec pass is on the cards on those old Dunlops. Then go for a set of MT ET Streets on the rear and you should run a low 11 sec pass if not snealk into the 10s bracket. Bad Luck Rob, I guess whatever CVs survive your launches will be a good choice for the rest of us. Is the rear end tramping when you are launching? What rear spring and shock combo are you running on the rear?
-
WOW, that's quick ... well done to all involved.
-
No problem, I'll be there for the F1... You forgot about the part where you close your eyes after you put your foot to the floor. These things drive themselves... Ha !
-
You can see that from a dyno sheet? WOW ... I thought that it was all a bit more complicated than that.
-
Performance Difference Between 4 Speed And 6 Speed Auto's?
JP300 replied to Mitchtj's topic in Driveline Workshop
I've got a 4sp in mine and had it rebuilt about 2 years ago. It's run 3 x 10s passes (banned from WSID each time) and has lasted quite a number of other 11s passes on the 19s. It's still ok but slips in 4th under full load. I think that the 4 speeds are quicker because of the ability to get off the line quicker via a stally and because they have less gears to go through (3 rather than 4 or more) they are also less likely to break traction and slip in between changes. The 6sp boxes are fantastic on the road but as most of us know there is not much we can do to the stallys to help them get of the line better. Allowing more boost and holding this at the line is not healthy to the drivetrain as people have found. They will get quicker and quicker in the ET once the ECU for the ZFs is properly cracked (I don't think that this has been fully achieved yet??) From what I have seen the 6 sp ZFs are also getting higher MPH than similar powered 4 sp boxes. Hence they have more potential to do a better ET. -
Sorry Russ. Just trying to answer some of the questions... I'll shut up now!
-
I have not had any problems with mine. Brian (BCL) had them on his manual car at one stage too. I will report on how I go with the next set.
-
Does that even make sense? I can't understand how a tyre can be bad on the street but work well on the track. I've been in cars that run the factory Dunlops and can tell you that the Maxxis fell like a much more capable tyre.
-
245/35/19s ... and as per sig I ran 11.18s@124MPH 1.78 60" I paid about $200 a tyre for them. Maybe not as cheap as the Nangkangs.
-
http://www.maxxis.com/AutomobileLight-Truc...-Z1-Victra.aspx MA-Z1 Victras ... I got them from Bob Jane
-
They are 245/35/19s all round ... I'm going to try a 255/40 (a bit taller) or maybe try and squeeze a 265/30 on the rears. Traction wise on the street they feel pretty good in the dry but feel excelent in the wet. The car handles pretty well around the twisties too. The surprise is that the car can do consistent 1.8 - 1.9 60 footers on the 19s. Once they warm up a bit they must be pretty good !!
-
Congratulations on the 11sec pass in full street trim on the factory dunlops... That is a top effort !! Definitely sounds like you have caught the bug !! Keep up the good work.
-
I have seen Brians car put 510 odd rwkw on the rollers with these tyres hence I guessed they were not too bad. When you read the specs then you get a better idea of why they work. When I bought the 19" FPV copies I thought I would try them as a cheap alternative... They have performed quite well and as I have stated many times... They have produced some decent numbers down the quarter. Has anyone else run a low 11 sec pass on a 19" $200 tyre? Think about it ... They can be that bad... eh?
-
So I guess nobody else has tried the Maxxis ?
-
Thanks Mal ... can you please PM me a price with a reconditioned T56 box and a clutch that will hold 400rwkw, it still needs to be streetable. I might just take you up on the offer. I have a feeling that the 4sp is not going to last much longer!
-
The 3 or 4 figures that I was looking at were all for 4 sp autos. The ZF seems to be a far better box with better gearing which definitely seems to have an advantage in the MPH stakes for a given rwkw range.
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.