Jump to content

JP300

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    842
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by JP300

  1. Ok guys, here is the best dyno run that was saved...
  2. I just spoke to Dario and he sounds like he is going to try and save it for the track... This is what he is going to use to try and get it to the ground...
  3. Got to hand it to Dario, he did not want to hold back and wanted to see 600rwkw... I was there on Saturday and Jim was reluctant to push is beyond the previous 540 rwkw as that bottom end is way beyond its engineered capabilities. Dario just kept telling Jim to go a bit more, a bit more. Dario is going to have a lot of fun...
  4. Mate, just keep doing what you are doing as long as you are enjoying it. It's all good... At the end of the day you cant keep everyone happy and be in agreement with your approach and there are always going to be the knockers. If everyone followed everyone else we would still be pulling a kart behind a horse. Your project is getting me geed up to take the taxi to the next level. I'm going to have to visit you guys up there and see the beast in action. Let us know when you are next taking it out for a run down the quarter.
  5. I'm continually amazed on how this project is progressing... Well done guys. Spiro, I love your attitude... no such thing as taking little steps forward eh?
  6. That is a top effort by David, he is basically a privateer running against some big dollar cars. But having met the guy a couple times and talking to Brian he is as professional as you are going to get for a private entry!! Well done ...
  7. These might not be locally DOT approved but they would definitely be a good choice for 19" rims. My personal goal is a little bit F$%ked up ... I simply want to run a 10s pass on a normal 19" street tyre in 100% street trim and tune and am playing with the car setup to try and get it to the ground. Im fighting an uphill battle but its fun trying !! I know the car will run a 10.8 or slightly better on semis and its done it 5 times (and I got booted). It will be interesting to see how these NITTOS perform ... atm I'm happy to keep killing the Maxxis.
  8. Thanks ... I look forward to trying to kill the Maxxis. They are still good and have rubber!
  9. Hey Paul, Im up in brisvegas this weekend. I might pop by the workshop in the morning for a coffee?
  10. Sounded awesome and looked like it stayed nice and straight!! Looking at the timeslip, the car did it easy... well done to all involved.
  11. Sounds like it did it pretty easy !! ... Well done Paul.
  12. Count me in ... thanks
  13. The 14.3s second pass ... I got a bit of wheelspin.
  14. Good stuff ... Happy to help. It all comes down to practice and trying a gew differnt things to get the most of of what you have. See you out there next time.
  15. Speak to Jim at Tunehouse he looks after the car and they do all of the work. The auto is pretty close to perfect now. It was a bit aggressive after the rebuilt and Jim softened it up but it still changes with a very positive feel.
  16. Dario, I'd be happy to have a go on your 18" street tyres. Let me know if you can spare them. I cant get those tyres for a 19" rim.
  17. I missed the GTR that would have been good !!! ... I'm going out in the Manual FG next week so we will see if I can drive a manual.
  18. You will need an Andra license if you get into the 11s. It costs about $150.
  19. I'd like to try and fit a 245/40 on the 19s... Anyone fitted this size tyre ? Apparently it's too tall and hits the top inner fronts?
  20. About 380 rwkw
  21. Hey Guys, Took the taxi out last night to test the rebuilt 4sp... The track was very slippery to start off with with most cars struggling to put any power to the ground. I did not think that the old Maxxis were going to produce any decent numbers. The first pass was a waste of time. I wheelspun past 1/2 track, put it in 4th and pushed through for a 14.3 @ 115MPH 2.8s 60' !! The track got better and better throughout the night. I ran ... 12.8@121MPH, 12.2@122, 11.4@122, 11.5@123 all with a 1.9Xs 60' wheel-spinning as it come on boost off the line. Then finally, the last pass of the night I got a clean launch and ran a 11.2@124MPH 1.86s 60'. Close but no 10s pass. Not bad for the two year old 19" Maxxis. I was surprised how good they still are !! The auto feels strong, good firm changes into 2nd & 3rd. I'm looking forward to sorting out the wastegate, getting the extractors back on and put on some fresh rubber. It was good to see about 10 XR6/F6s out there having some fun. A few guys from the forum but I'm not sure how they ran !?! ... We should try organise a few forum drag nights. Who is up for it? You don't need to push to break records or do a pb every time you go out... just get out there, relieve some stress and have some fun.
  22. Dario, I just saw the torque curve... I think that you are going to need more rubber on the rears! The car has a flat "factory like" torque curve but with a bit more torque. Actually much more torque!! It has over 1000nm from 3000 - 5200 rpm!
  23. That's right, the old taxi has run in the 10s for the last 3 years on pump fuel. It is still going strong and it will get booted again out of WSID this season. Hopefully on the old 19" Maxxis, it's fun trying to get about 400rwkw to the ground on ordinary tyres!
  24. What a great event... Not sure If I can get up there as a spectator. The Taxi has been collecting dust in the garage and is not in this league but if you guys are planning to go to the track then I might drive it up. Maybe a pump fuel & 100% street trim quarter mile challenge might go hand in hand with the dyno challenge?
  25. Well done guys, one good launch or a cooler night and we will have our first 10s manual. (Is that right?) Congrats to Spiro, Paul and all that have been involved in the project.
×
×
  • Create New...