-
Posts
1,347 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by Antisocial
-
Thanks for nuthin Cro. I went to my tyre bloke today to order a couple of PP2 245/40/18's. But there are none in Oz, and none one the way for a few months at least, and so no price as yet either. So I ordered the V103's......perhaps next year.
-
..a bit?
-
P76 V8
-
According to the comments below the clip it was "Our Farewell" by Within Temptation. Some very brave poeple back then....and there were a hell of a lot of marshalls running about the tracks whilst the cars were still racing back then.
-
In this shot it looks like a Camry with a BA front end, fitted with the flared gaurds from the old 4wd HSV Monaro...
-
Automatic Technologies Australia make a good roller door contoller that costs less than a B&D and will lift my 5m x 3m roller door from about 30m away. Dont know if it can do the merlin motor though... http://www.ata-aust.com.au/shop/?fuseactio...67&I=4&ct_id=77
-
This is nothing new as my 2000 Nissan Patrol TDi had the same turbo setup, it was called 'variable nozzle' or something like that. Also wasnt the Subaru liberty RB4 or whatever it was called a twin turbo, but the most recient model was a single turbo, that had more power and torque that the TT it replaced?
-
I think whaling is abhorrent. I liked Chris and Craig from Today today guys phone prank to the Japanese embassy or high commission asking for a visa to come to Japan and kill a few Japanese people 'for scientific purposes of course'.
-
But you could also say their 100% more efficent than simply letting the suns energy go to waste. I remember a few years back an idea was floated which was to turn our roads into solar collectors. For not the cost of to much more instead of laying down bitumen they could lay down solar collectors. Hook these up to the electricity grid and we’d get power without having to take large amounts of land for a solar farm. The collectors apparently have about as much grip in them as the current road surfaces so them been slippery wouldn’t be a problem. Here is a solution which would allow for cheap power generation during daylight hours which wouldn’t cost anywhere near as much as a nuclear plant... ← Not sure what a solar call is but modern solar PV (photovoltaic) cells are nowhere near that efficient, commercially available cells are acutally around 13% efficient so there is plenty of room for improvement. The other drawback it that they only make power when the sun shines, and output peaks at midday. Yet demand for electricity peaks at 7am and 6pm so until we find an efficient way to store energy, we will need more than just solar. Having said that I love solar and have a small PV system on my house for powering light lights in the bath rooms, hallways, and front door and back stairs. The excess power in summer is used to power a pump to water the garden from the rainwater tank. My next house will have a grid connect system, but in a effort to promote alternative engery the govt is abolishing the rebate on installing such systems..
-
They are tossers I am still waiting for the plastic trim on the top of my front grille for my F6 as well has been about 5 weeks and no indication of when it will arrive. Lucky the panel beaters could buff out all the other cars paint and hold it on with a few cable ties...
-
Actually, none. Ford Australia stands on it's own feet financially. Very few parts (for Falcons) are imported and profits stay here. As do the losses. Unlike the other mob who like to pretend they are true blue - what a joke! Expensive Daewoo do their banking with GM in the good ol' US of A. Sure they employ Aussies, but that is about the extent of their loyalty to this country. ← I have to disagree. How can you say Ford profits stay here? Ford Australia arent privately owned by Aussie interests are they? Theyre certainly not publicly listed on the ASX. I presume Ford Oz profits go back to Ford US. ← Correct. ← Also the local content is not that impressive anymore. I dont remeber the exact percentage but I believe the window come from china and the radiator fans and the alternator have made in korea stickers on them...
-
I vote for saturday....can't come on friday.
-
So I suppose you all have the Aussie book of Vehicles with a Blueprint XR8 Ute on the front page too ......
-
I like this place... You can have enthusiastic...reasonably will informed intelligent discussions on many varied topics without it all truning to a pissing contest. Unless the discussion strays to Saleens Mum or Supras. Perhaps if I cant convince you on the technical merit of the human cost of a POTENTIAL disaster, how about from an economic standpoint. As Ani said the infrastucture costs of seting up a nuclear plant are massive, what about the 100's of billions of dollars to clean it all up should it go pear shaped. Russia is a far bigger and resource wealthier country than Oz and have vested interests from the nearby europeans to foot the cleanup bill. Were are all by ourselves, no one will give 2 hoots if the continent remains a uninhabited dust bowl for a few centuries. Still think its worth a try, without looking at all the other alternatives first?
-
So I was a bit out on my quote Daggs. How do flash cards work? A picture on one side the written word on the other? The little guy loves books and would have you sit and read to him for hours...
-
My point was to put it into terms we as Australians can relate to. So what you are both saying is that a man made, computer controlled, built to a cost device composed of tens of thousands of parts is going to be infallible from the date of construction till the day it is decommissioned, including waste disposal. No unforeseen human errors, computer hardware or software glitches…..ever. I understand some current prototype reactors do not rely on carbon moderating rods to prevent a chain reaction as occurred at Ch…but still the price of failure is rather extreme don’t you think? I mean these are systems designed by the French and Americans, that should scare the cr@p out of you if nothing else. Yes the number that lost their lives as a direct result in 1986-7 was about 32 but if you think that all the other cancer related deaths in the area in the subsequent 20 years are a statistical anomaly then I have some shares in a crosscity tunnel you may be interested in…
-
I am amused by those who dismiss Chernobyl as just a sh!t happens type thing. And justify the death of over a thousand people, by saying more are killed on Australian roads each year. Any avoidable death is unacceptable. So let me preface this by explaining that whilst I am certainly not a nuclear physicist, I do work servicing and installing medical imaging equipment so I work daily with ionising radiation both, from nuclear isotopes and x ray emission. I have also met one of the leading nuclear physicists who assisted with the aftermath of Chernobyl. He was based at a university over a hundred kilometers away and become aware of the disaster, not from the govt, or the media but when is own monitoring and safety equipment when nuts. Obviously this is a situation specific to communist Russia of days gone by. Here is some food for thought, with the specifics taken from the World Health Organization report found here http://www.who.int/ionizing_radiation/cher...t_report_EN.pdf Lets assume that a Chernobyl type situation happened in Adelaide last month… By now the entire population of Adelaide has been evacuated and people would not be allowed to return for at least 300 to 600 years, your homes, your cars, businesses and all your personal possessions would be contaminated with radioactive dust, and could never be cleaned. They would all fall to ruins over the next few centuries. <div class='bbimg'> </div>The prevailing winds in April (see windy pic) would blow a cloud of radioactive dust 200,000km sq, filled with Plutonium, Cesium, Strontium and Iodine across the Barossa, northern Victoria, the Riverina, the snowy mountains, Canberra and as far as Sydney and Wollongong. The plutonium is heavier and most of it would fall in SA, some of the other gaseous elements could be detected as far away as NZ. <div class='bbimg'> </div>20 years from now fish caught in lake Eucumbene will be thousands of times less contaminated with radioactive Sr90 than today but still over a hundred times more than they were last year. Over the next 10 years there will be a four fold increase in the number of children, becoming teenagers with Thyroid cancer, as a result of drinking milk contaminated with Iodine 131 this month, unless treated with Iodine tablets. Of course the type of reactor at Chernobyl would never be installed these days, and the actual chain of events leading to the disaster would be prohibited by design criteria. Even still would you trust the same government that invaded a sovereign country (admittedly run by a ruthless dictator, but no different to about 20 other dictatorships currently in existence) on unfounded intelligence, to use the same ill-informed decision making processes to run a Nuclear power station in your backyard? Or would you prefer an enormous multinational corporation, focused on quarter by quarter grown to bleed such infrastructure dry with maximum output a and minimum of maintenance and upgrades to maximize shareholder returns, to do it for us? Yes we need to cut our reliance of fossil fuels for electricity generation, but at what cost and for how many thousands of years should someone slip up. I think we should focus on efficiency gains, for example a new yuppie designer house with eight 50W down lights to perform the same function as a 12W compact fluorescent lamp. Admittedly in a far less trendy and aesthetically pleasing way consumes more that 30 times more electricity to light up your family room. Apply the same sort of waste across industry and we can achieve massive savings. But it must be driven the market will not drive up efficiencies, if a company knows that it costs more to upgrade a production facility than to keep polluting and pay a fine when caught….it will take the low cost option every time. I know I am a hypocrite in being so anti corporatisation whilst at the same time working for one of the worlds largest companies, but I have my phone set to play “Sleep now in the Fire” by Rage against the machine each time the office calls…..does that count? <div class='bbimg'> </div>
-
← I think you have got it in one. You see I am attempting to brainwash them to be staunch anti Expensive Daewoo folk to annoy a few of my mates, yes I have Expensive Daewoo mates but I make them park their SS’s around the corner and walk to my house. For example when teaching the kids to look before crossing the road I would say… “Lookout there is a car coming and if it is a Late model camira the steering and the brakes are not very good, so they may hit you” So the eldest one to this day still says “Yucky Late model camira car” each time he see’s one. But the little fella see’s an XR but says “Yucky common car” his version of the same sentence. I know he just does it to see my reaction….but I bite every time. Perhaps I should take heed of a quote from the great Sheriff Buford T Justice of Smoky and the Bandit fame. “Son when I get home, I’m gonna smack your momma in the mouth” So taking NoGaryNo’s advice, does anyone know where I car buy vodka by the case…
-
Well done. We knew you soooo wanted one, and couldn't hold out forever. Bionic is a far better colour than Haag so, its smiles all round.
-
My eldest son is almost 4 and speaks wonderfully...apart from calling me "a smelly bum head" upon occasion, but most folk who know me do worse than that. And when he was first learning to speak, he would ask what something is and you would say, for example. That’s a THERMOLUMINESCENCE can you say THERMOLUMINESCENCE? And he would have a go, and would usually nail it on the first attempt, or work on it till he got it correct. His favorite word at present is Electric-tity. But his younger brother.... At the same age as the first, when told that’s a keyboard can you say keyboard... He would just think for a moment and say...... "NO"....as if to go, no that’s not one of my words. Obviously despite his best efforts he has leant many new words and speaks non stop, in fact in hindsight it would have been a smart move not to try and teach him to talk. But a lot of words still have his peculiar....dialect. For example tonight in the bath he has a bunch of aquatic creature silhouettes that we stick on the bathroom wall and play with, he knows what they all are but when asked what the CRAB was he said something like "BABP" So I said can you say CRAB and he just looked at me and said "I did" Any tips or suggestions?
-
He's got a bike. I think the forks are f*cked and the seat is missing though. ← What....... you mean, He's got a bike but his legs are f*cked and his head is see through.
-
Hellenic Club...that's in Woden isnt it? ....on the south side. Ross wont be able to save enough beer tokens for petrol money to drive ALL THE WAY to the southside before June. So count me in...
-
I feel your pain. As you will find 2 weeks is a standard panel beater increment of time. "When will my car be ready?" "2 weeks." Then when you ring em 13 days later, and ask when your car will be ready.. "No probs, will be ready in ... 2 weeks."
-
Strange Video...the car looks like its a late model Dunnydoor yet the music and the video production are right out of the '80s.
-
There is a mean looking black 911/GT2/996 type thing in town with the plates BOXTER. Obviously had nothing left after the trade in for new plates.
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.