-
Posts
220 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by Gussa
-
Skyline to xr6t was painful. I would suggest if I was in your position is to put it up on carsales privately for a suitable price, and just simply wait. It worked for me after the dealership said I would never get more than 1.5 - 2k for my 98" R34 with 63,000klm on it. - Sold for 14.5k. It did take about 6 months though.
-
10w 40 for me. 60 at cold start. Heads south to 40-45 run time.
-
Thanks for letting us know. Might try that at the next service - I am getting a bit annoyed as well.
-
'Seems' like the best place is the Ignition rail on the fuse panel. There should be a spare to use. Haven't had time to do it yet, but I will confirm as soon as I know.
-
Nice and neat mate. You should hardwire it so that you can use your cig lighter for other things
-
Does Anyone Know Why My Ute Is Taking So Long?
Gussa replied to pkooistra's topic in Falcon Utes (UTEopia)
In that case the wait will be way over a year -
USA Purchased all of mine from here: http://stores.ebay.com.au/ihavethebestpriceperformance69/Cobalt-Gauges-/_i.html?_fsub=6822533&_sid=343230187&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322 Send him/her an email detailing that you are after 3 gauges and wish to have a quote for them combined postage. (It will be much cheaper)
-
I'm sure you are right - there will be a better premium. For my age I think it won't be as low as my current though. I get that all insurance companies will take you for a ride. I just can't get over the requirements for shannon's. The amount of effort to deal with them turns my wallet away. Why do they bother having an online quote if its going to be like that? ....I got $50 off my annual amount at RACV for getting the quote online.
-
I tried about 2 years ago with my skyline (N/A). Perfect record. I hope they have changed. I was really disappointed at how a "car enthusiasts" insurer would pick and choose the enthusiast. Shannons website (for online quote) We can provide you with a online premium estimate if: You are the registered owner of the car. Your car has no pre-existing or un-repaired damage and is in a good state of repair (except for Laid Up cover only). Your car is for private use. Your car is valued at $50,000 or less. Your car is not for business use. Your car is not your main form of transport and you don't use it on a daily basis. Your car has been insured in the last 30 days. All drivers are aged 25 years or over. None of the drivers have lost or had their licence suspended in the last 5 years. None of the drivers have had a vehicle stolen or written off in the last 5 years. None of the drivers have had any insurance cancelled or refused. None of the drivers have had more than 2 motor accidents (including fire & theft) in the last 5 years. None of the drivers have had more than 4 traffic infringements &/or offences (excluding parking fines) in the last 5 years. None of the drivers have had criminal convictions in the last 5 years. You are currently not bankrupt or in receivership. RACV never requested I have half of these requirements. My shannons quote (IF I WAS AGED 25) Motor Insurance Premium Estimate Your Premium Calculation Insurance Type Comprehensive Requested Agreed Value $35,000 Basic Excess $550 Legal Liability $20,000,000 Basic Premium $3095.54 GST $309.55 Stamp Duty $340.51 Total Annual Premium $3745.60 Joke. And that is with no mods and only driving it three days a week.... Racv = $950 a year plus windscreen replacement.
-
Not a fan. Would never support them. Will only insure the cream. Too many restrictions. No one under the age of 25 wtf? Sounds like they only want to insure cars that don't get driven. ( this whining is directed at Shannon's )
-
Make sure you account for the correct box volume to suit the speaker. Very important.
-
I get 10-11 in my xr6t
-
Electric Boost Gauge Not Working
Gussa replied to nikofgxr6t's topic in Interior & Exterior Workshop
Completely agree with you buddy. I just wanted to suggest it because currently mine is hooked up like that but I know it works (minus calibration) so I thought you might like to set it up the same to make sure it is the gauge. Where is your sender unit tapping in to? VAC line? -
That fog light shroud? Doubt it would fit Mk I
-
Electric Boost Gauge Not Working
Gussa replied to nikofgxr6t's topic in Interior & Exterior Workshop
Interesting. Seems like a good power source. Have you tried seeing if the gauge functions from the 12v cig lighter or something similar just to check? -
Its a personal preference thing. However, I will say if I was in your position, I would prefer to spend the $$$ on a good conditioned BF, rather then a High klm bad condition FG.
-
Does the led backlight work? Or is it just the function?
-
Did you get it painted by EGR or have someone paint it after it arrived FordFreak?
-
Sorry mate - I didn't make it clear enough, the picture of the Oil filter and packaging has the P/N on the sticker. Hahah. Unfortunately I can't write up a troubleshoot for that other than ranting and complaining!
-
Woops lol
-
Mine is the same mate. And my boost is a little less bright. I think it's because the light only shines through the numbers. And because the temp has alot more digits packed into the display, it's brighter. That's my guess.
-
Did it help with your long awaited install Dillz?
-
Autometer colbalts. Pay the extra.
-
Splash out and get some autometer stuff mate.
-
Obtain operating system disk(s) and reformat. Make sure you note your CD key. Easiest way with a good result.
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.