JGP
Legacy Donating Member-
Posts
309 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by JGP
-
Stripping Paint Off Wheels And Performance Gains Noticed!
JGP replied to Pazzo's topic in General Automotive Talk
I should be heading down to nitro right now, but this thread is damn entertaining...thanks Pazzo! -
just saw this... quote: While the company has stated it will continue to build and sell cars in the short term, sources close to the company say it has been ordered to vacate its premises in Glenbarry Road, Campbellfield – across the road from Ford’s Australian headquarters – by the end of the year. http://theage.drive.com.au/motor-news/fords-performance-arm-in-crisis-after-sackings-20120601-1zlob.html
-
Mine has a custom tune and temp sits just a touch over the 1/4 line. From what I see on the forums this is what custom tuned cars normally sit at... PS Mine also has the 82 degree thermostat hate to say it, but if its giving you grief set it back to stock until you can take it to a reputable tuner
-
Yep, sorry forgot to mention that....
-
I have a shiftkits.com.au RPM switch and it seems to do the job, out of the box it has a FPV type shift chime coming exactly at the RPM specified. I don't have a shift lite setup but will be getting one soon, the wires are all there with the unit. PS I have the instructions which may assist in identifying wires etc used, may help someone....PM me if rquired
-
pretty NEERRDY, but for dudes like me who are new to turbos it was interesting
-
my main concern is if the cheaper ones 'collapse'. is that a possibility ?
-
yeah, but whats that saying? "whether its got t*ts or tyres its gonna cost ya!".
-
I am thinking of adding this? the original snorkel had to be removed bc of hot+cold side piping upgrade http://www.mscn.com....p?idproduct=314
-
missed the part about strength, train natural be as strong as you look. Train illegal=look strong (unless also training powerlifting )
- 5,613 replies
-
- 1
-
-
Yeah I believe the TCS will get munched, So what does the launch control do? I've seen some FG vid 'launch control demo' and it seems to hold traction on take off www.youtube.com/watch?v=A66GJ-hgcK8
-
never driven an FG so this is a noob question, the tester writes traction is an issue. I thought F series have launch control?
-
Nope, should I? I havent seen any change in performance or psi loss on the boost gauge
-
update, I can see about half a teaspoon of oil in the line so seems to be doing its job
-
Gaining Better 1/4 Mile Time With Minor Rear Mods.
JGP replied to FIERCE's topic in Suspension and Handling
any updates? -
Car Has Slightly Rough Idle And Sluggish Acceleration
JGP replied to boost69's topic in General Tech
look up mikesmodelcars in ebay sells genuine ford coils for about 160 set of 6 -
Go for it mate. What Ive learnt is you have to try a variety of exercies/routines/time of day etc and see what works for you and what doesn't. When I trained cardio in the morning I would always have a banana or something beforehand. I found I could do pre breakfast cardio but weights I struggled for energy and scrapped the idea(as well binge eating after a workout cos I was so damn hungry). PS if doing cardio before bfast make sure to do at least 20mins...that's some magic number for when the body starts burning fat once liver glycogen is depleted (happy to be corrected)
- 5,613 replies
-
well done mate,shes a beauty. +1 for xr8 bonnet
-
biased here but I would go the BF2. I dont like the FG foggies (FG2 much better) or the plastic grey part on the rear bumper....30k may even see you get a modded BF F6. There was a nice one for sale on here with 330rwkw for 33k Appreciate your efforts in Afghanistan mate!
-
havent had protein powder for a few years now, I make sure I have 2 eggs for brekkie and 3 before night. strength is still good, benched 120kg for 5 good reps today. I dont go over 5 reps for compound moves and 6 reps for bis/tris etc.
- 5,613 replies
-
Ordered Tyres Online, Got Wrong Ones And 3Y/o Ones At That
JGP replied to turbotrana's topic in Wheels and Tyres
are they going to refund you the 100 bucks? or send the correct ones? what rorters! thanks for the heads up about the manufacture date, will be checking my KU31s I got online -
check my build thread mate http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/77549-30814psi-cheers-to-mick-pit-lane-crew/page__pid__1235911#entry1235911
-
Update, here is a photo with my setup. I decided on the rear pcv circuit as it seems that is the major culprit after reading some threads. I also include the parts used for reference to anyone. hose used(10mm) http://www.mscn.com.au/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=501 catch can used http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-store/products/Calibre-Oil-Catch-Can-Black-400cc-CALOCT04.aspx?pid=155180#Description http://www.mscn.com.au/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=46
-
any type of CAI? stock injectors have blue tops, but for your mods they should of been changed quickest way is to get it a run on the dyno, usually $150 for a power run last time I checked
-
"ANIMAL"!!!..... HAHAHAHA how can the damn cameraman keep it together?!?
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.