Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 11d Gender: Not Telling Posted 04/12/20 08:14 AM Author Posted 04/12/20 08:14 AM So yerp, I'm going roll racing tomorrow night. Hopefully the trans doesn't slip too much but if it does I've got an exedy clutch kit here that I can chuck in over the holidays. It'll do a mid 11 now so that should take out most of the oldens lol 2
Romulus Legacy Donating Member 1,279 Member For: 21y 9m 6d Location: Perth Posted 04/12/20 10:14 AM Posted 04/12/20 10:14 AM 13 hours ago, Puffwagon said: It spins the front tyres so changing the rear diff wont help. Maybe the tcase is frigged. I'll get it off one day and have a look. It's spinning the tyres with least grip. Fitting a LSD or Truetrac will make a massive difference.
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 11d Gender: Not Telling Posted 04/12/20 10:38 AM Author Posted 04/12/20 10:38 AM Think about it...there is front/rear split. The rear isn't spinning so there is no point locking the rear, cos that's not the issue. I could lock the rear and the front will still spin cos the front and rear are split. 1
Romulus Legacy Donating Member 1,279 Member For: 21y 9m 6d Location: Perth Posted 04/12/20 12:16 PM Posted 04/12/20 12:16 PM If the front is spinning and the rear is not then you've got a mechanical issue. The split is 66:33 R/F from memory. Maybe the transfer case has problems.
BeerTurbo Legacy Donating Member 241 Member For: 8y 5m 1d Posted 04/12/20 12:31 PM Posted 04/12/20 12:31 PM Its not a fixed mechanical tourque split, still acts like a open diff and will unequal split touruqe if fed to much power 2
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 11d Gender: Not Telling Posted 04/12/20 12:50 PM Author Posted 04/12/20 12:50 PM Yep that's correct. The pickup points on the gear for the front rear are the 60ish 40ish split in the transfer case, but there is nothing to hold them to that. If your car squats then more load is applied to the rear part of the transfer case gear assy, so it frees up the front part to send more power to the front. Google nv125 transfer case. Also look at the pictures to get a good understanding of it. It's basically an open diff that has more rear bias. I've researched it fully. My transfer case is working fine and haven't heard it jump a tooth for a while lol. Doesn't mean it is perfect but the only solution to sending power to the back is to lock the transfer case. This is only needed to launch the car from a dig. I mostly still get traction at any rolling speed.
BeerTurbo Legacy Donating Member 241 Member For: 8y 5m 1d Posted 05/12/20 01:20 AM Posted 05/12/20 01:20 AM 12 hours ago, Puffwagon said: the only solution to sending power to the back is to lock the transfer case. then you can go race 4wds on the beach
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 11d Gender: Not Telling Posted 05/12/20 01:49 AM Author Posted 05/12/20 01:49 AM Last time I took it to the beach I got it bogged to the chassis rails and had to dig it out by hand. No thanks
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,123 Member For: 18y 6m Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 05/12/20 02:59 AM Posted 05/12/20 02:59 AM that's better than digging it out if icy-cold mud by hand, I guess...
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 11d Gender: Not Telling Posted 05/12/20 03:13 AM Author Posted 05/12/20 03:13 AM Yerp, I spose it's better than being eaten by a polar bear too
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now