Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 18y 5m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

surge isn't really a problem for less than mid 300's anyway, as generally you've got plenty of fuel flow up to that point if you've got a decent lift pump.

  • Like 1
  • Member
  • Member For: 11y 5m 25d
Posted
8 hours ago, violetpop said:

Sounds like a good plan mate. I will call him today and see where he is at.

I know heaps of guys suggest doing all the mods once and then going for a tune, I still want to to do it in stages. Even if that means 2 or more tunes.  

There's no problems with doing your mods in stages.

It all depends on what your budget is at the time. In the long run you'll pay more but you might learn a lot more about ya car along the journey.

Judging by the effort your putting in you obviously intend on keeping the car for a while so there's no hurry.

  • Like 1
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 2m 11d
Posted
5 hours ago, k31th said:
surge isn't really a problem for less than mid 300's anyway, as generally you've got plenty of fuel flow up to that point if you've got a decent lift pump.

Fuel flow isn't the problem it's keeping it in the pot.
From ze forum itself

018dab0ac7070a081b553107e1a7c7bb.jpg7d59e759d69ebcf46f49d829d5269239.jpg

 

5 hours ago, violetpop said:
Certainly overkill but not necessarily a bad thing.. However if I am anything like the guys in the rest of the forum I will get a little taste and lose all control of myself until I have 700rwkw haha

I wasn't aware of a surge issues with this setup but will read up on it.

Is the bf mkii tank like in my car the same design as the fg?

To answer your question
de696f781c40f492bdd5c9ff0fe63e27.jpg

 

5 hours ago, violetpop said:
However if I am anything like the guys in the rest of the forum I will get a little taste and lose all control of myself until I have 700rwkw haha

Haha this is so true. I legit have my car on gumtree up for swaps at the moment, but last night was looking and researching high mount gt42 setups haha

  • Like 2
  • Dropping a turd
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 11m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

BF tank and large pot with 460 is good for 20 seconds WOT on 98. Would need a surge on E85, For safety just run a surge, 

  • Like 2
  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 18y 5m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted
11 minutes ago, gaz097 said:

Fuel flow isn't the problem it's keeping it in the pot.
From ze forum itself

you'd be right if he was aiming at those figures in your post... less than mid 300's at the wheels, you'll be fine even with the worse BA system on WOT. Obviously don't take the risk of surge at a drag-strip, for example, though, even though the risk itself is reasonably minimal.

  • Like 1
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 6y 9m 24d
Posted

Ok so from the above posts, surge wont be an issue in this first round of tuning (I cant see injectors - pump - tune being more than 240-270rwkw) but I will factor in a surge tank in the next round of upgrades and perhaps the 460 can stay in the tank to feed the surge so not all is wasted.

  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 18y 5m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

you won't need something as big as a 460 going that route, as a half-decent lift pump will be able to re-fill a surge which can have the big pump(s) attached to it.

  • Like 1
  • XR50T
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 13y 5m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Western Sydney
Posted

Unless e85 k31th.
You know that mate.

PS@k31th
Fix the F6 plz mate.
Dooooo it.

  • Like 3
  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 18y 5m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

well he's not going E85, is he?

 

one day, Dan, one day.

  • Like 2
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 6y 9m 24d
Posted

Started to clean up the Fairmont wheels. They are too far gone, brake dust has embedded itself into the rim and is very hard to get out and will take hours and hours to clean up. I think the only way is to get these sand blasted to start fresh.e655ec6d60c2cc98421b6cf96ca34b46.jpg652cfd99d3e7c52a791ea7618ef03708.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...