Which Xr6T To Buy? (Merged Topic)

Z2TT

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 3d

true, but the topic were talking about is that it will be cheaper to maintain than the m3.

the point I was making is that the power that can be had RELIABLY will easily out perform the m3, which is expensive to maintain STOCK...

if theres any doubt to the reliability of 450 fine- lets say 350. it will still impress an ex m3 driver in a straight line, will be cheap to achieve, and will be reliable...

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Inactive Members
  • Member For: 11y 6m 25d

I recently went from a 1997 E36 M3 (not quite an E46 in power, but close) to a 2009 FG XR6T.

The FG accelerates quicker, but the M3 was definitely more nimble around the city and on the twisty roads.

Like you the maintance costs on a 15 yr old performance BMW were getting horrendous. Now matter how well built, age catches up, and anything Euro means $. The FG on the other hand has fixed price servicing and an extended factory waranty thrown in when I bought it.

The other factor though, is that my travel is no longer city bound, where the agility of the M3 can be a benefit. I currently do lots of hwy driving (about 30,000km/year to/from work), so the FG is a lot better at that duty. I did get the cloth seats in the FG though, the leather in the fords is nowhere near the quality of the BMW leather.

Another bit of info. It cost me 2K more for the FG, than what I got selling the M3.

Some more info to consider.....................

John

• Member For: 12y 4m 6d

The BMW........ great until father time catches up and some of the minor breakages cost a lot. Had a 540.......... with a lot of shopping and doing some of my own work it was manageable bux wise but some of the bills were pass-out material. eg, brakes run a pump and not a vacuum system - one leak in the system = $1,000 for a repair.

I "only" have a BF but it has proved a pretty fair package - with the usual complaints about build finish. The FG is a pretty good car and with some minor changes and some tyres it is a pretty fair performer from all accounts. I drove a 2005 530 as a benchmark before I bought the BF. Good - but not quite enough power But it was well finished and felt great on the road.

Tough call this one. The 335 is a great car - but too small for my liking.

• Member For: 11y 4m 25d
If you think BMW has good build quality then think again.How many of you have owned a BMW from new?

You guys a far to hard on the Falcon.We have had 2 new beemers.A 325i and a 750Li.Both had crap build quality.The 750Li cost over $240k new and now spends its life parked in the shed cause it ain't worth sh*t.....They spent more time in the workshop then being at home.

x3 I work on euros every second day

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 18d

Straight line vs twistys vs cost (purchase + maintenance)

Pick any 2.

There is your answer.

Which car is Straight Line and Twistys that isn't costly.. Cause that's the one I want..

• Like 3