Barra build in the U.S.

• Member For: 5y 6m 26d

Hello all, finally got to start working on my newest project. A Barra 182, planning on fitting to a Toyota Chassis. I have heard tons about these motors from mostly YouTube videos (MCM, skid factory) so decided to go ahead and see about getting my self one. Its not the cool 242 motor, but if everything gets fitted correctly on this motor, One would be easy to swap over too. I currently am waiting for the head to come back from the machine shop. But have ordered most of the parts required to rebuild the motor, being it was shipped separated, as parts, and a little bit of damage occurred in the shipping process. Just a small nick, in the head but an easy fix, and should have it back by the end of next week. Ill figure out how to get some pictures posted here on the site, and stay updated once I get more stuff coming.

If this needs to be moved to a build specific thread, can a Mod please do so, Thank you.

• Like 4

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 4d

Welcome aboard :)

We've had a few septics jumping on the Barra's :)

@k31th - time to add a conversion/engine implant sub forum - will let @SelectivePC kick it off with his project.

The Ford inline 6 has been a staple of the Aussie car engines for decades - they even stopped selling V8's for a while over here, but the I6 never died.

There have been a fair few times where they've had to detune (and/or under report the power of) the 6 because the top of the line performance V8 they sold at the time couldn't keep up.

Most of the people here are on the turbo versions of the Barra - definitely something worth looking into ;)

• Thanks 1

Yeah, I know I'm a little late into the game, but had to chance to get my self one over here, and decided to run with it. Waiting on parts is a bummer. But what can you do. Mace performance from AU has been a huge help with ordering parts.

jV7hkcC.jpg

ZGAsCWj.jpg

4PiCSjH.jpg 

ak5aJ8W.jpg

ak5aJ8W.jpg

• Like 4

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 4d
1 hour ago, SelectivePC said:

If this needs to be moved to a build specific thread

Pfft - stuff that.

Made you your own sub-forum (was overdue for something along these lines)

• Haha 1

Negative, I actually have gear sets from both the 4.6/5.4 and a 5.0 Coyote, all of them are just a bit different. But if you call Boundries they offer them. I dont believe they are on their website though.

Would have been nice though as we are a vender for them and have those on the shelf.. :/

Edited by SelectivePC

• 2 weeks later...