Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Guest fred
  • Guests
Posted
Guys,

Simply put, Words cannot describe this beast.

"undoubtedly the best XR6T in Australia"

Not a bad statement for a first post.......aye......?

Indeed Macktheknife.

And of course stage 2 of Brian's upgrades is just around the corner.

Now if fred has been for a spin in Brian's car as it is now, just wait until the new combination goes together. Umm, anyone have a spare Kimby nappy?

Greg Brindley.

Ahh...wise men.

I only needed the one post. Im not here to waste time, just point out a personal opinion. Having seen the car in flesh, and spoken one on one to bcl about the mods on numerous occasions...what more needs to be said? Im sure you all agree. Having just purchased an XR6T myself, what better advice can I get to base my future mods on? Basically, he has to be one of the most knowledgeable persons at present on XR6T mods in all of Australia.

And yes, I cannot wait for his next upgrade, so ive been told :P

  • 6 years later...
  • Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 9m 4d
Posted

Hey guys Ive recently bought a XR6T Engine and box which is meant to have the stage 3 engine rebuild kit from Nizpro, also has all the stage 2 gear strapped on as well, has anyone here had mods done by them. Interested to know what the gear is like and what I should expect if I upgrade the turbo housing to a T04Z with straight through 3.5 inch xhaust system.

  • It's not a MKI!
  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 3m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Earth
Posted

Some say Nizpro are expensive, but you get what you pay for.

As a package, they make a great product with service to match. Give Simon a call and talk to them.

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 3m 2d
Posted

I would say they are expencive, I would say they are stupidly overpriced :censored: .

its not bad gear, just alot better out their for the money

  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 9m 4d
Posted

Thankfully I didnt pay the prices marked on the website, I picked up a writeoff a hell of a lot cheaper with everything already done. I was intrested what kind of power and perfromance people are getting out of the kits

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 8m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: QLD
Posted

Go with TO4z & 3.5 system if you want very good response as well huge power.

If you want to push for maximum power and don't mine suffering low down spool up then go bigger.

My set up was very impressive until factory rod failed.

It would start boosting from as low as 1100 rpm 6th gear 60-80k, set boost of 12psi before 2400rpm.

Fuel Eco highway 8.8l per 100k.

When first fitted TO4z I stupidly hooked up both vac & pressure on Progate 50 gate so gate wasn't working, it instantly redline 1-3 gears with opposite lock having to get off throttle each time. Also 90k 3rd gear wot no clutch same again.

This is with Toyo 265x30x19 proxy 4's.

Run at strip once with 12psi 2/3 tank of fuel and still suffered fuel surge 3rd gear.

Being manual and on street rubber very hard go get off line I posted 2.4sec 60ft with it fuel surging in 3rd got off it, slotted 4th slowly fed back into it for 12.902 at 116mph.

Also friends huge powered F6 with GT45 struggled to keep up with it mainly due to it's poor spool until 3500rpm and from there his struggle with traction.

Over 200rwhp more power than mine but just not as applicable as street performance as my setup.

As street performance setup I think it is pretty untouchable bfyb

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 7m 5d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

I would say they are expencive, I would say they are stupidly overpriced :censored: .

its not bad gear, just alot better out their for the money

I always thought they were quite cheap, especially for the FG range. Their intercooler kit for FG is $2200 fitted. It's supposed to be better than their BA-F kit which I think costs a bit more but is also on a car which has run 9.4 @ 152mph.

Their FG stage 2 kit on a F6 ($7300 fitted) ran 10.75 at 130 mph 1.62 second 60 foot. It's also Euro IV compliant & street legal. Is there any other kits which would do that for under 10k? :stirthepot:

All the fast cars seem to be running Nizpro or Process West.

  • Banned
  • Member For: 17y 2m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Aspendale, Vic.
Posted

with a motor like that you will want to chase over 450rwkw. Go a full 4" zorst system else if you go a 3.5" that will be limiting your power outcome.

full built motor + goodies + to4z == 4" system

  • A much better forum
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 2m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

I always thought they were quite cheap, especially for the FG range. Their intercooler kit for FG is $2200 fitted. It's supposed to be better than their BA-F kit which I think costs a bit more but is also on a car which has run 9.4 @ 152mph.

Their FG stage 2 kit on a F6 ($7300 fitted) ran 10.75 at 130 mph 1.62 second 60 foot. It's also Euro IV compliant & street legal. Is there any other kits which would do that for under 10k? :stirthepot:

All the fast cars seem to be running Nizpro or Process West.

Stage 2??? Dont you have to fit and pay for stage 1 and 1.5 before you can fit 2???

  • Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 6m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Vic
Posted (edited)

Na wormy Stage 2 is stage 1 plus bits. For B series the stage 2 kit with 72lb injectors, cooler, plenum, piping, intake, airbox,battery relo, garnish, fuel pump, Xcal, custom tune etc adds up to pretty good value IMO

I think some people (Not the Big $$ builds DUS12) dont want to hand over $8k at once,

Plazmanan Cooler/plenum/intake is about 4.5k, PW S3.4 is $5500

Injectors $400

Fuel pump $200

Garnish $400-$600

Xcal $795

Custom tune $800

Plugs $120

And labour, which would add up.

Makes Nizpro look cheap with the research theyve put in to adr compliance.

Edited by henz

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...