Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 13d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 12/01/11 03:49 AM Posted 12/01/11 03:49 AM I just assumed the more air and fuel you pump in the more emissions that will come out the back, especially with a free flowing exhaust.Craig, get pulled over by the EPA and find out for us would ya.
01txr Member 861 Member For: 19y 8m 25d Gender: Male Location: QLD Posted 12/01/11 04:06 AM Posted 12/01/11 04:06 AM *Beep*4" is a bit of over kill, as with my setup 4" dump ext gate with 2" pipe merge at cat then 3.5 x-force back. 12psi it struggled big time for traction on street on soft tune and did temporally hook both vac and pressure lines to gate not thinking and it was insane, 1st-3rd instant opposite lock and off gas and straighten, gauge was sh*t digital supercheap one it was a little slow and each gear change it would get to 17psi by the change but may have been more as it was a little slow, it crapped itself, fixed the hoses then new gauge read 12 psi and died a week later.Told Supercheap to stiff there gauges. But man what a weapon, just wasn't very street friendly as slightest bit of throttle would turn the tyres. Yes 4" may give more hp but will it sacrifice any down low or spool?Maybe if I had run 4" 12psi probably be as insane as the 17psi plus. Just couldn't see it being useful on a street car. Once I finish my new engine I'm aiming at staying 12psi street tune and upping to 20psi strip, if I can get some long wearing legal semi slicks in may bring the tune on harder on street tune. For the extra money for the 4" I don't think it's worth it for street use. And especially since the OP is using a lighter XF and if a street car he won't need anymore than what a decent 3.5 setup will give. If he's going to use it solely for drag racing, tub it run huge rubber he might as well stick a GT45. I have struggled to keep power down with mine and was trying as was stock engine and wanted to last longer, it didn't. I ran 2psi 1000-3000rpm 8psi 3000-5500 & 2psi 5500 to 6200 rev cutWith 8psi spring fit to progate 50 & it still went 12psi. If I had 4" I probably would have had more problem restricting boost. Anyway good idea OP, take to Simon and he being very experienced should be able to point you in the right path.
XFORCED Member 42 Member For: 15y 9m 6d Posted 12/01/11 04:40 AM Posted 12/01/11 04:40 AM Will be using the car on the street and shows so I want it to be streetable, but will definately take it down the quarter mile a few times and take it to track days to give it hell. Is the kind of car that's only going to be driven once a week, it will never be my daily. I dont like waiting for my power either Id prefer it to come on early and strong then wait till 3000rpm and have all kinds of problems keeping it in a straight line. Minitub is looking to be an option reading all the fun you guys are having trying to keep the bloody thing in a straight line is interesting, I wont have traction control or ABS either
Rudiger All round good guy! Legacy Donating Member 1,122 Member For: 18y 4m 29d Gender: Male Location: Greenvale, Victoria Posted 12/01/11 06:00 AM Posted 12/01/11 06:00 AM (edited) My zorts is the 4" Nizpro system. They have just gone Euro 4 or whatever it is and all there stuff that's on my car is EPA compliant so they tell me and is advertised on their site. Pretty big claim to make if its not true Dillz.For the extra money for the 4" I don't think it's worth it for street use. Your are probably right. I have said it before that the Xforce "Looks" to be better finished but then I am told that its not actually stainless steel. The Nizpro zorst is stainless.But while we can argue whats better for performance and what isnt, have a look at any of the vids of the cruises and listen to the note. Any one that's heard my exhaust will tell you, its at least an octave lower and resonates more than most others. Most exhausts make your car sound like a six. You really have to listen to mine and see the badge to know its a 6 and not an 8.But its personal choice really. As I have said again and again, I have seen the xforce exhaust and its looks the goods to me. However I will say, a 4" system is bloody massive in the flesh. Edited 12/01/11 02:01 PM by Dagabond
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 13d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 12/01/11 06:31 AM Posted 12/01/11 06:31 AM My zorts is the 4" Nizpro system. They have just gone Euro 4 or whatever it is and all there stuff that's on my car is EPA compliant so they tell me and is advertised on their site. Pretty big claim to make if its not true Dillz.Exactly and I have a feeling it ain't.
ebxmple Member 1,322 Member For: 18y 8m 8d Posted 12/01/11 08:02 AM Posted 12/01/11 08:02 AM The 4inch is adr compliant on the FGs but not sure bout BA/BF.. I have the 4inch on my BA and its awesome. No knocking,relatively quiet and sounds awesome under wot. Yeah it may be a bit of over kill for my 318rwkw but its done and should never need to be replaced with further mods. As Rudiger says,they do have a good note to em.FG has an extra resonator in the system to quieten them down a bit but the BA/BF might just not pass. Its got a twin cat so not sure what emissions are like.
Guest EGOXRT Guests Posted 12/01/11 12:35 PM Posted 12/01/11 12:35 PM ADR and EPA are two different things..
ebxmple Member 1,322 Member For: 18y 8m 8d Posted 12/01/11 10:44 PM Posted 12/01/11 10:44 PM If its ADR compliant and the kit is intact,it should pass an EPA test yeah?? I know of a few that have been called for testing and passed with flying colours with the full stage 2 kit. Injectors,enclosed pod filter,cooler,plenum and tuned. Better emissions then stock. I must add this was with standard exhaust though..
Turbo6FG Legacy Donating Member 497 Member For: 16y 7m 7d Gender: Male Posted 12/01/11 11:05 PM Posted 12/01/11 11:05 PM This is the info on the FG. http://nizpro.com.au/euro_4_emissions.html
Rusty XR6T Legacy Donating Member 516 Member For: 16y 6m 8d Gender: Male Posted 13/01/11 12:59 AM Posted 13/01/11 12:59 AM isn't Euro 4 the new emissions specifications to meet? therefore if you meet Euro 4 you meet EPA as well? im not sure so correct me if im wrongAs soon as I have the money the car will be going to Nizpro to get all the work done. I've seen too many Nizpro cars in the flesh to not be blown away at the quality, power and drive-ability.Dont a lot of tuners use Nizpro gear anyway? not all of them of course but im pretty sure Pit Lane among others use some of it. Well I say that because when I rang Pit Lane looking for quotes the gear they quoted was Nizpro gear
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now