Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Toughest BA Turbo
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted
Not sure if you already mentioned it Brian but who did the cutout of the rear bumper for the second exhaust?

Cheers

Tuffy mufflers in Sydney (Waterloo) did the cutout, and have done exhaust work for me for 4 years.

Also (I hope Jeff doesn't mind, his car looks fantastic) here's a pic of the cutout on his car also.

Please PM me for contact details if required, or come on the next cruise to check it out for yourself.

Brian

post-34-1083721982.jpg

  • Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • FORD FORD FORD
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side
Posted
What does a set up like that cost Brian. It looks great, its huge.

Geea. :spoton:

What thickness is the tube, must weigh a ton

Scotty CCC

  • Faster than any BTA,XTC,Autotech, Nizpro and Tunehouse car
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 15d
  • Location: D SHIRE!
Posted

I've had the exhuast done for about 2 months and im extremely happy with the sound,look,workmanship and the extra 3-4 psi I picked up over the 3 & 1/2 inch exhuast system I previously had and would recommend tuffy mufflers at waterloo not because I had my car done there but for the quality of exhuast I've seen on 4 of my friends cars

JEFF

  • Toughest BA Turbo
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted
What does a set up like that cost Brian. It looks great, its huge.

Geea. :spoton:

What thickness is the tube, must weigh a ton

Scotty CCC

I rang Mike at Tuffy Mufflers.

He said it's 2mm thick.

Mathematically the perimeter of a single 4" tube is actually less than the stock exhaust of two 2.25" tubes ....(perimeter = pi * d). I'm not sure about the thickness of the stock exhaust, but if it was the same thickness then the new exhaust may actually weigh less (I can't say for sure unless I did a weight test). I now run 2 rear mufflers, compared to the standard car that has a center muffler and rear muffler. I don't know about the comparative weight of the cats.

Overall, there may not be much difference in weight.

Cost is $2200 incl gst.

Brian

  • FORD FORD FORD
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side
Posted

I like it, but my stupid old traditionalist mind won't allow me to put a dual system on a Ford 6

Scotty CCC

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: sydney
Posted

Hear it go past you at ...umm certain speeds Scotty and you may change your mind :lol:

  • No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Brian,

Are they mild steel or Stainless Steel ?

Thanks

  • Toughest BA Turbo
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Mal,

These are mild steel.

Obviously there is a fair bit of work in putting the system together, so with low volume it is a custom job. I know there have been debates about mild steel vs stainless, and I don't want to start a debate here again.

The Tuffy mild steel 4" system on my Sti has been there for 4 years, without problems.

Tuffy give a 2 year warranty on their mild steel systems.

The major problem I had in the past with exhausts has been blown gaskets, and my jap Sti extractors that have cracked twice.

I'm sure you could get a stainless system, and if you live near salt air or tow a boat I'd probably ask for stainless.

Powder coating is also available as an option. I have not had that done now, as I will probably have further exhaust changes made in the next 12 months.

Brian

  • FORD FORD FORD
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side
Posted
Hear it go past you at ...umm certain speeds Scotty and you may change your mind :lol:

I don't doubt for a minute that it'd sound horn, but but ....

Scotty CCC

  • Xtreme Xalted Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: BrisVegas
Posted

bcl.

A thousand apologies for not putting my 2 bobs worth in prior to this.

Been a bit busy and really only had time to read selective posts over the past month or so.

Just have to say.....

That bloody veeehickle of yours is just bloody fanbloodytastic

To me, youve done everything right. The power and torque output must be mind-blowing considering you could sent ya Grannie down the shops for milk without a problem. .....(long as she could drive a manual that is)

All this and from a private perspective.

I've read many of the posts over time regarding your whole effort and I just want to commend you for coming up with the goods and also keeping your shirt on when there were bits of w a n k flying around.

I reckon we (Us wot know) should club in and present you with an award of some substance (No....not that substance.....) but until then I would like to dub thee:

"LORD HIGH MACADAM MUNCHER IN CHIEF"...... :locked:

So...There ya go......

All ye who have read thus far now all bow down.........(Jist have a quick check who's behind ya first though....heh heh)

In summary.....More power to ya arm and I have to go to the tissue packet now 'cause I'm just imagining meself.....erm......driving......ahh... such a..........oops :puke:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...