Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Toughest BA Turbo
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted
Brian, the more I see and read about your car, the more impressed I get.

Great job, it looks awesome. :spoton:

With the wheels, what is the offset with deep dish rims and how much different is it to non deep dish rims.

Geea. :glad:

Geea,

I'll have to make some enquiries to find out.

If I was doing it again I'd go in about 2-3mm.

Brian

  • Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Toughest BA Turbo
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Gearbox.

Now that my 6-speed gearbox thread is back (although most of you have probably read about it), for completeness I'll provide the link.

It's http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=9148

The T56 gears are substantially bigger and stronger than the T5, to handle substantially more torque.

Gear ratios are as follows: 2.97 2.07 1.43 1 0.80 0.62

Brian

post-34-1083014029.jpg

  • Toughest BA Turbo
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Here's the twin-plate clutch from Mal Wood auto, that should handle around 1100NM of torque. This is a very smooth clutch to drive with, with about 10% extra foot pedal pressure over standard.

For me this is a much better option than a single plate clutch that has around 50% extra pedal effort, or driving with a clutch that shudders.

More expensive, yes, but I want to enjoy my driving.

Brian

post-34-1083020565.jpg

  • Toughest BA Turbo
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Here's a different shot of the steel flywheel.

The steel flywheel is far stronger than the OE version. After removal the OE item was found to be warped by 1-2mm.

Brian

post-34-1083021896.jpg

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 13d
  • Location: Need one..
Posted

Brian, thanks for all that info.

Your car is one awesome weapon!! Well done mate. You have my utmost admiration and respect. :spoton:

  • Toughest BA Turbo
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted
Brian, thanks for all that info.

Your car is one awesome weapon!!  Well done mate.  You have my utmost admiration and respect. :spoton:

No worries.

This forum should be about sharing information.

I still have more information to publish, although it is time consuming.

I just hope this is not viewed as advertising, as a lot of people want to learn more about the car, what mods people are doing, potential problems and improvements available.

Brian

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 17d
Posted
Brian,

Thanks for the reply and web link.  Have you ever taken your T on the strip?  With that amazing amount of rwkW Power, Torque, and total package setup, it would be fascinating to know how quick your T is over the 1/4 mile.

All the pictures tell their own story..  *picks jaw up off the ground*

Safe and happy driving...Dr Z.  :spoton:

No problems.

IMHO drag strip times are as much a function of rear wheel traction & driver skill (especially in a manual) as maximum power.

And whilst a high maximum power does impress people, the most important requirement for me is good torque from 1500 to 5000 revs.

Brian

Thanks for this so perhaps as the website suggests mid-11s may be a good estimate. Yummy!

I openly admit to being wholly impressed at the quality and depth of work that goes into these kits. They are well thought-out and consider the entire package all the way through. I particularly like the extra attention the engine and drivetrain receives to ensure progressively reliable power and torque build-up.

It is easy to see how enjoyable a driving experience this would be! :pooh:

Brian, thanks for sharing and we all look forward to learning about your future updates in what is arguably one of the most sought-after T's on the planet! :ta:

Safe and happy driving...Dr Z. :sick:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 11m 12d
  • Location: Sydney
Posted
Thanks for this so perhaps as the website suggests mid-11s may be a good estimate. Yummy!

I got whiplash that says mid 10's easy :spoton:

  • Toughest BA Turbo
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted
Thanks for this so perhaps as the website suggests mid-11s may be a good estimate. Yummy! 

I got whiplash that says mid 10's easy :spoton:

Don't get too carried away.... I'd love to have my awd rex traction.

It'd probably take me 2 seconds just to get off the line.

brian

  • Site protagonist
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: At the lights, waiting for you.
Posted
Don't get too carried away.... I'd love to have my awd rex traction.

It'd probably take me 2 seconds just to get off the line.

brian

Yep 2 seconds to get of the line and 8 seconds more to do the 1/4 mile. :spoton:

Geea. :sick:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...