Jump to content

Geeseman

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    1,805
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Geeseman

  1. Happy Birthday Geeseman!

  2. Autotech's own GT has the pulley kit, exhaust and tune. It has around 410rwkw and has run 11.1@128mph.
  3. The exhaust is built by Autotech's in-house exhaust fabricator. He does some amazing work on exhausts and air piping.
  4. You'd be best to give Spiro a call in the office on (02) 9897 1378 to discuss. The kit requires injectors and exhaust as well to make this power level. Thanks
  5. Hi guys, Autotech have fitted the Herrod Intercooler to a customers car and made 435Rwkw. Check out the video on their channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/autotechengineering You could say it's the 535GT now :yelrotflm
  6. Master G's car (the silver one on the wall at autotech) ran a 10.9 with the same power although he was using race fuel but a slightly bigger stall converter. You'll make another 30rwkw on race fuel so providing you launch OK you should run a 10 with it on MTs at around 128mph. How's it driving these days? Good luck
  7. You quoted the OP which is what this thread is about. If you have to ask what is special about this kit in comparison with a gen tech then I really can't help ya.
  8. Did I say it was a blown boss kit?
  9. $12,990 Driveaway. It's an Autotech customer actually. The kit is bolt on drive out for that price.
  10. It was 2800 before Ardi, and even then I thought that it was a bit too high for street use. The higher stall will also suck a lot more fuel in normal driving. If you want to make the car a drag beast then go for 2800-3000. If you want a cruiser that goes well through the twisties you might even consider going back to stock. If you did the car would make over 400rwkw on 98ron easily.
  11. you can't get the software unless you are a distributor. See http://www.thechequeredflag.com/ in Wellington. They have experience and should be able to tune your car without a problem.
  12. I know of a few done by Northmead. Norm there knows his work, but so does dominello. Dominello is expensive but he is for a reason - he does good work. when you get the box done and the car is tuned, to the high 300's I assume, take it easy when moving between gears and the box will last a bit longer.
  13. High Stalls will suck the power out of the car. Master G's car made similar power when it ran 10 second pass, also with a 3500 stall converter from dominello. Your 60ft will be a hell of a lot quicker but your MPH will be down to the mid 120s. Have fun with it!
  14. the car was running MT streets.
  15. Great work for Autotech. Spiro is now installing phase III kits for the FG xr6t and F6. If you want details give their office a call on 02 98971378. I'll post pics of the installation shortly.
  16. Great result mark. Must have been scary to drive on the street. Good luck with some lower times
  17. fastest typhoon in the country runs the stock dump pipe. Feel free to waste money on a dump pipe because someone who is selling dump pipes tells you that you need one. while the dump may be restrictive, you need to determine at what power level is it restrictive and in combination with what parts. using the aps exhaust it makes 400rwkw without needing to have the dump changed. Now the aps exhaust is an extremely good flowing exhaust so you can assume that with most setups up to 400rwkw changing the dump is not neccessary. people sell plenums too and say they make extra power but again look at the fastest time for the F6 - it use a stock plenum. Go figure
  18. the factory dump will support 400rwkw no problem. I changed mine to 4 inch and it made no more power at same boost level
  19. I had an aps phase 3 system on my car and installed a process west plenum on it. The car made no real increase in power. It did however change the torque delivery to decrease it down low and increase it up top. Better for the transmission I thought and made the car more drivable. IMO the only plenum worth fitting for an increase in top power is the nitro because it has it's own short runners whereas all the others usebthe factory bottom runners. I've seen these results first hand on a number of cars. Quite a few cars with the factory plenum have run 10 second passes the fastest f6 used the phase 3 kit with factory plenum.
  20. you can fit one ok, but there is no need with the stock turbo as it won't make any more power.
  21. Autotech have tuned a few of them. One recently had the APS exhaust fitted to it and it made 283rwkw, with strong power down low. I have a graph that I will post tonight in the thread in the autotech section.
  22. Yeah I had the larger turbo modification, which would allow for better timing at the same level of boost than the smaller factory unit. I believe it ran 23-18psi but Spiro tuned the car with afrs in the low 11's. The larger stall takes more power out of the car's top number, but it made well over 300rwkw at 3000rpm which made it pretty hard to drive on the street. Ask the new owner... Using sane afrs I don't think you'll see a car with a factory turbo in an auto make more than what Mark's car has just made. His tune runs 12:1 afrs which keeps the car pretty safe and this was evident by the condition of his engine which before its recent rebuild. I did fit the process west plenum to the car in the later stages of its life. The plenum made no real difference to the final figure of the car, but it did change the torque delivery to allow more top end torque than the factory unit. I liked it for this and it also looks very nice.
  23. my old car had a high flow turbo on it with the aps exhaust and factory dump and it made around 390rwkw on 98 ron fuel. It also has a high stall converter so with a 2000rpm unit in it, it would be making over 400rwkw on 98ron. I changed the dump myself to a 4inch unit and it made no extra power on back to back runs on the same day.
  24. The two fastest F6 turbos in the country use the APS exhaust and both of them have the factory dump pipe. They also make around 400rwkw on race fuel. In short, there is no need to change the dump until after this power level.
  25. Xbox 360 is a far better multimedia unit that PS3. It streams all music via windows media centre or vista without any problems. Video, MP3, Photos etc - well before Sony even thought of the idea... It also can be used as an extender for TV so you can record, playback, pause TV. Any such sollutions on PS3 are rubbish. As for reliability, any issues XBox had originally (which have been solved with the new release motherboards) were due to the fact that Xbox is state of the art hardware. In fact, it has better hardware than the PS3 even though it was released 15 months earlier. I've had no problems with my unit. I dont have problems with my ps3 either, mostly because it never gets used...
×
×
  • Create New...