Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 11y 2m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: NZ
Posted
Fly over, dinner with the forum, get unit, fly home
Would probably work out the same! And I get a nice dinner out of it.
  • Like 1
  • ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

If anyone wants one I should be able to get platinum pricing for this and hopefully pass on some discounts to forum members ;)

 

don't know exactly what this is yet as the haltech platinum price list only gets updated every now and then but I also requested the RRP from Matty last week at $3000

 

just quietly I cannot wait to use it as I really like the Elite 2500 platform 

 

gQQCLe.png

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • FREAKY
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 9m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

who would actually benefit from this?

 

mr joe blo with 300-400kw on stock motor/box or the guys with big power/built everything?

 

why should I get one?

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 13y 3m 1d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Definitely not these guys.  Which is a large part of the market we're talking about

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 11y 8m 3d
  • Gender: Not Telling
Posted

Everyone would benefit to some degree from having one.

 

When we do up our cars, yeah we think about the cost, but at the end of the day it's all a waste of money anyway (imho), so you may as well waste a bit extra sometimes. Whether or not you want to pay for the small or larger benefits is up to individual choice.

 

Get one if you want one but if you're happy with the way your car drives now then don't worry about it. It's not necessary but it's nice.

  • Like 2
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 13y 3m 1d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

This is all true, but I can't see why the sub $1000 xcal isn't up to the job.  I don't think a Haltech unit would make me happier with the tune I've now got.   And maybe it would be good to be able to tune myself? but I trust my tuner did a great job and if I were to try myself it would probably be a fairly big backwards step.

 

Is there a "killer app" this unit has that isn't already on the market? I just can't place this thing in the market.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 11y 8m 3d
  • Gender: Not Telling
Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, FiftyOne said:

I can't see why the sub $1000 xcal isn't up to the job.


It is up to the job, as are all flash tuning alternatives. They don't have the same scope of tuning as the Haltech but often this isn't needed. A tuner should be able to offer the customer the choice of a well done flash tune or the Haltech unit that offers much more if needed or desired.

 

There are some thing that flash tuning doesn't currently offer that the Haltech unit can provide.

 

59 minutes ago, FiftyOne said:

I were to try myself it would probably be a fairly big backwards step.

 

This is the case with 95% of people. This doesn't take away from what the unit has to offer.

 

I think we should judge the unit based on it's merits rather than it's price.

Edited by Puffwagon
always forget something :)
  • Like 3
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: OZ
Posted (edited)
On 26/05/2018 at 4:39 PM, Ford Freak said:

you didnt read my reply did you

Turns out I didn’t!!

Edited by IH8TOADS
  • Member
  • Member For: 12y 5m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: SE Melbourne, Victoria
Posted (edited)

So despite the press release, I have read that the Haltech won't be able to tune the ZF.

It can communicate with it, but not edit it.

That's coming from a response on Dyno-Mite Perfromance's FB page showing photos from Motorex over the weekend where a Dyno-Mite car had the new computer on display.

Edited by Gabbo_32
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 11y 8m 3d
  • Gender: Not Telling
Posted

That's disappointing.

 

the new Elite Pro Plug-in also controls all factory functions including variable cam control, cruise control, dash cluster and even the 6-speed automatic transmission.

 

That is a copy paste from the Haltech website.

 

Does someone aka @JETURBO feel like emailing Haltech and clearing this up for us?

  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...