Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 18y 5m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Seems unlikely haha, but you never know. I love accurate feedback, though. Shops don't often give realistic feedback (or prices :stirthepot:)

  • Like 1
  • FREAKY
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 9m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

I think it will take a while for feedback to trickle through. all the big builds will be getting them, but id say some will be waiting for a few guinea cops to go first before handing over 3k ahaha

  • Like 2
  • XR50T
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 13y 5m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Western Sydney
Posted

Waiting for the tax return.
Then go time.

  • Like 1
  • XR50T
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 13y 5m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Western Sydney
Posted
Overtime abused wage monkey actually.
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 14d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

I don't really see the problem with jumping onboard early. The Haltech Ford plug in ECU uses the ESP software and is based on the Elite 2500. Both of which have been out for ages. However you can't just get anyone to setup and tune this ECU. You really do need a top tuner to get the best out of it.

 

Or you can learn to do it yourself, which I wont be doing.

  • Like 1
  • Member
  • Member For: 13y 8m 25d
Posted

Very interesting read, I wonder how they got the ZF to work and whose software they will be using to tune it :onthequiet:

  • Like 4
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: OZ
Posted (edited)

Just an observation and I could be wrong (but doubt it haha), however I’m pretty sure they have got the t-map sensor scaling wrong in their base tune.  I’m 99% sure the stock t-MAP uses the Bosch characteristic curve 1, whereas Haltech appear to have based their scaling on curve 2 (0.5 & 4.5v).

 

If you reverse calculate from Ford’s scaling they definitely use curve 1 (0.4 & 4.65v). It won’t make a bees dick of difference unless you tune it on the 2.5 bar and then later move to a 3+ bar and input the correct scaling. 

Edited by IH8TOADS

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...