camo86T Legacy Donating Member 1,810 Member For: 12y 7m 29d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 23/12/16 04:34 AM Posted 23/12/16 04:34 AM 1 hour ago, ROB83R said: A single spinner will light up one wheel then switch to 2 then back to one. They're farked. Ever had a car full opposite lock and it grips? that's how you end up in poles and trees. ^^ quoted for truth I remember when I first started driving my old man's VY commonwhore auto ute, single spinner v6 alloycrap mangmangmobile First time playing around in the wet, learnt the hard way how something so gutless could change direction so fast Hello traffic island Goodbye brand new bumper and 1x foglight The xr with a heap of power and an lsd is so much more predictable imho
ROB83R Member 1,632 Member For: 10y 4m 22d Gender: Not Telling Location: Radioactive wasteland Posted 23/12/16 04:44 AM Posted 23/12/16 04:44 AM Mang mang!!! I love hearing all the mangs around here in the wet. Maaaaaaaaaaang mang mang mang bang! I think @MattyP might have an educated opinion on this subject.
skidxr6t skids Legacy Donating Member 2,754 Member For: 13y 9m 13d Gender: Not Telling Posted 23/12/16 04:59 AM Posted 23/12/16 04:59 AM I dont even take on basic cars in the wet at the traffic light drags hahahaa. had a few funny moments cause intersections are especially slippery and combine that with the rain can be scary.
ROB83R Member 1,632 Member For: 10y 4m 22d Gender: Not Telling Location: Radioactive wasteland Posted 23/12/16 05:02 AM Posted 23/12/16 05:02 AM Kick it sideways man and hang it there.
MattyP MattyP Legacy Donating Member 6,317 Member For: 14y 5m 7d Gender: Male Location: Central Coast Posted 24/12/16 11:35 AM Posted 24/12/16 11:35 AM Limits of the single spinner is 440kw plus and mine didnt feel like breaking anytime soon Maybe the m86 is a good open cause it was incredibly predictable in the wet, always the drivers side broke and just free spun, leaving traction on actually helped the car alot in the wet, I am incredibly impressed with how well it could handle my power level even in the rain, since going over to an LSD (truetrac) the car is a lot more tail happy, Its alot faster too but its insane how happy it is to start stepping out, however the step out is always predictable (and fun). So whats the safest in the rain? Neither. It all comes down to the driver and how well they know their car and the conditions. Essentially what I'm saying is don't be an idiot and you'll be fine The g6 is the perfect daily. Speed, Class, practicality and comfort all in one. Even at my level, myself or my misses have no problem dailying it. Also F&*k Simmos, they are the camry of aftermarket wheel choice. And we have barras, Own it. no need for an 8 bonnet (to be fair I was considering one at some point as well). 3
stevanford Member 268 Member For: 14y 8m 10d Posted 26/12/16 08:10 AM Posted 26/12/16 08:10 AM Trutrac #1 Had an open diff in my old G6ET and was too unpredictable when driving "spiritedly". Trutrac made it way more predictable in all conditions from standard power all the way to 460rwkw. I felt a lot more confident driving with one.
VZTRT New Member 2 Member For: 9y 8m 10d Posted 31/01/17 11:22 AM Posted 31/01/17 11:22 AM Hey guys. To the people that threw a lsd into their g6e. Was there any issues with traction/esp after the change? 1
MattyP MattyP Legacy Donating Member 6,317 Member For: 14y 5m 7d Gender: Male Location: Central Coast Posted 01/02/17 09:21 AM Posted 01/02/17 09:21 AM None at all mate 1
VZTRT New Member 2 Member For: 9y 8m 10d Posted 10/02/17 11:53 AM Posted 10/02/17 11:53 AM Ok cool. I guess I need to find someone to get it done. If anyone has any suggestions (northern suburbs melbourne).
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 12d Gender: Not Telling Posted 10/02/17 12:01 PM Posted 10/02/17 12:01 PM A bit late to the party but whatever. I stumbled upon @MattyP's youtube page the other day whilst watching other car related stuff. It shows his car at the drags and the diff didn't break there so I guess that says something. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now