Peppy_t92 Legacy Donating Member 748 Member For: 13y 6m 1d Gender: Male Location: Liverpool Posted 16/03/16 07:23 PM Posted 16/03/16 07:23 PM But in saying that, you can't beat a well sized turbo.. My gtx82 is making boost by 2200rpm and on full song (21psi) by 2800rpm.. Wastegate and boost control setup goes a long way
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 11d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 16/03/16 11:07 PM Posted 16/03/16 11:07 PM You've also spent a signifance amount of time improving the cylinder head flow tho? Aren't you also running AM cams?
eff xr6t Member 569 Member For: 13y 4d Posted 16/03/16 11:16 PM Posted 16/03/16 11:16 PM See joes the man for playing with gas setups. My 3788r has pretty much the same response as you get with you gtx82 I see positive 2100-2200 then full (18psi) by 2800-2900 would probably come on harder if I changed out the 6psi wastegate Spring for something abit heavier and actually spent more then 10 secs on my timing map. I'm currently building a new exhaust manifold split pulse with twin gates hopefully it will be on full song by 2600. I want to be able to come around the corner onto the main straight at powercruise go bang bang on the 2 step then just dump 4th with a car full of people and fog out the whole straight. Will add gas to the mix if it doesn't make enough power to skid past the overpass. Mine is also on a SOHC so I have no vct control my head would be lucky to flow 190cfm on the intake vs 250+ for a stock DOHC. 3
Peppy_t92 Legacy Donating Member 748 Member For: 13y 6m 1d Gender: Male Location: Liverpool Posted 17/03/16 12:12 AM Posted 17/03/16 12:12 AM Correct Ralphy, stock FG cams, but I believe jet set a car up with very similar bolts ons, no head work and our boost curves were almost identical.. I still think wastegate preload and boost control has a lot to do with it I haven't experimented with big high mount manifolds but I'm not sure that they will help with spoil time, even if they are split pulse, so it will be interesting to see the results.. But yea a stronger gate Spring will definitely help
barnz Member 3,047 Member For: 12y 10m 14d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 17/03/16 12:21 AM Posted 17/03/16 12:21 AM This spool valve ive been hearing about for a twin scroll mounted on a normal manifold sounds interesting and promising. Albeit adding complexity and cost.
will-82 Member 427 Member For: 21y 8m 18d Location: sydney Posted 18/03/16 07:13 AM Posted 18/03/16 07:13 AM On 14 March 2016 at 4:51 PM, rednose said: I've never seen an f6 turbo make 400 on 98. PTE 6235 does it easy Mine did 395 which at that level you aren't going to notice 5kw
sprouly07 Legacy Donating Member 62 Member For: 12y 2m 21d Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 18/03/16 10:13 AM Posted 18/03/16 10:13 AM On 3/14/2016 at 3:51 PM, rednose said: I've never seen an f6 turbo make 400 on 98. PTE 6235 does it easy My f6 with the standard turbo made 402kw on 98. Also made 454kw I believe it was on e85
rednose RNS10S Legacy Donating Member 2,229 Member For: 20y 1m 18d Gender: Male Posted 18/03/16 10:16 AM Posted 18/03/16 10:16 AM Auto or Manual, who's dyno???
sprouly07 Legacy Donating Member 62 Member For: 12y 2m 21d Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 18/03/16 10:26 AM Posted 18/03/16 10:26 AM Auto. Dave from CPV in mackay
rednose RNS10S Legacy Donating Member 2,229 Member For: 20y 1m 18d Gender: Male Posted 18/03/16 11:20 AM Posted 18/03/16 11:20 AM Did you run it at the drags???
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now