ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 7d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 12/06/15 02:24 AM Posted 12/06/15 02:24 AM base pressure has not been mentioned as being lower unless I have not seen that, but lower pressure means higher duty cycle for the injectors
GUN-808 Member 251 Member For: 12y 10m 24d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 12/06/15 08:11 AM Author Posted 12/06/15 08:11 AM Please see post #8... I explained that earlier on..and I have 1000cc injectors and im pretty sure they can handle the added duty cycle necessary to keep up with just 450kw..but the main thing im explaining is the lower the fuel pressure the more efficient the pump is.. giving me a bit extra than the "usual" setup with the stock system and added surge setup..
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 7d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 12/06/15 09:48 AM Posted 12/06/15 09:48 AM (edited) what fuel pressure reg have you fitted? cause I still have not read what you have changed it toif you have lowered it, more duty cycle will be required for the same power number and the same lambda so you can not compare to what others are running with 4 bar delta pressure Edited 12/06/15 09:59 AM by ratter 1
eff xr6t Member 569 Member For: 13y 4d Posted 12/06/15 11:09 AM Posted 12/06/15 11:09 AM I don't know how you can get 450rwkw with 1000cc injectors on e85 I see them max out at 400kw on e85 with 43psi base pressures had to turn it up to 50psi base to get 450kw and even then I was at 13.2afr at full noise. I only ever did Dyno pulls like that and I would of never raced it at the drags. But it's your motor so your choice. 1
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 7d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 12/06/15 11:19 AM Posted 12/06/15 11:19 AM yep delta fuel pressure is pretty vital which is why I asked what pressure reg he fitted
Skids4kids in the mid....not the bum like some Member 609 Member For: 13y 5m 10d Gender: Male Posted 12/06/15 11:45 AM Posted 12/06/15 11:45 AM I don't know how you can get 450rwkw with 1000cc injectors on e85 I see them max out at 400kw on e85 with 43psi base pressures had to turn it up to 50psi base to get 450kw and even then I was at 13.2afr at full noise. I only ever did Dyno pulls like that and I would of never raced it at the drags. But it's your motor so your choice.What was the duty cycle on the injectors if you don't mind disclosing?Cheers.
turbotrana Member 2,586 Member For: 23y 6m 3d Gender: Male Posted 12/06/15 01:14 PM Posted 12/06/15 01:14 PM (edited) Gun808. What you have done is fine. You took out the return restriction in the fuel pump cradle and you lowered the pressure so that the pump flows more. If you dont take out the restriction you cant lower pump pressure.Basically when injectors and/or pump are at their limit of the power target, you can play with the pressures to get to where you want. Sure lowering the pressure will give you more pump and less injector but its a balancing act to get you the max power with what you have. Edited 12/06/15 01:15 PM by turbotrana 1
eff xr6t Member 569 Member For: 13y 4d Posted 12/06/15 01:19 PM Posted 12/06/15 01:19 PM What was the duty cycle on the injectors if you don't mind disclosing?Cheers. injectors we're reading over 100% at one point. I'll have to check back at my saved logs to see what the milliseconds were at.
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 7d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 12/06/15 10:16 PM Posted 12/06/15 10:16 PM Logs have to be wrong, 100% is the highest possible
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 7d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 12/06/15 10:18 PM Posted 12/06/15 10:18 PM Unless a lower pressure reg has been fitted, there will be no extra flow
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now