Max Power From Single 044/surge On E85 ?

• Member For: 10y 5m 9d

Just a question before I waste money on a dyno session and max out my pump..

Anyone know a good ballpark that sees the 044/surge max out on e85 ?? and whats the most u have seen ??

Currently at 385kw on 98 and about to do an e85 tune for some occasional drags/track work..

Iv done a few small tricks to increase flow like different drop in reg with bigger return, drilled out factory cradle etc..

Its comfortable atm but think its going to really struggle when on 85.. :/

Ill eventually upgrade to a Holley 1400.. But with that comes more $$ of re-tuning my pump tunes, adjustable reg and maybe rail etc.. which I dont really want to have to do..

Pretty sure im not going to recieve the advice I want to hear lol but seeing if someone can give me some results :)

cheers

• Like 1

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 19d

All depends on what target lambda your tuners uses

Nizzy take them to high 400's

Others don't like them past 400

Ask your tuner

No worries ta.. im assuming your talking hp here mate ?

id like 450kw/600hp so ill see what they reckon before I book it in.. if Hp im definately looking at a new pump then..

just read in search that the 2 x 044 goes about 640kw

Edited by GUN-808

that's what I wanna hear sct :)

And I thought the kw v hp was an age thing not state by state.. lol

And ratter mate u have a hell of a lot more experience than me so ill take most things u say on board BUT ??

with the reg mod your return is only as good as the size of the return line/hole in the reg.. doubling its size with what I replaced has allowed us to lower the base FP a heap and it definately flows a lot more than the stock unit.. so the more fuel that's getting thru that hole and back to the surgie is preventing the surge from drying up under power yeah ?? hence giving the 044/surge I have with this mod a bit more poke before it runs out of pump ?? sorry if im wrong but I thought it was a worthwhile mode for what I wanted to achieve and give me that little bit extra out of the single 044..

• Like 2

well the inlet elbow widened out to as far as I could whilst retaining enough for a hose to still clamp to it..

and something else in the bottom of the cradle too I remember..

but it was more about the reg I believe is the big deal..

more fuel (like at least 30%) returning to the surge with the bigger hole..

even if theres a tiny bit more going back to the tank..

its more the flow volume that's being returned from the reg to the surge.. if the stock pump can flow 300kw at the injectors im sure its more than capable of filling a 2L surgie and keeping that full and the 044 flowing a heap from that point on..

im not going to add their flow rates together but I reckon together they can keep up with a fair bit of demand from the 1000s.. and again whats not being used is also being returned to surge to keep that volume up..

• Like 1