Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 8m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posted

Hi guys. My car uses a high flow thermostat that was put in by Pit lane performance, I reckon it's a bit dodgy so want to replace it with the same thing, called Pit lane and they say they just order them in bulk from Repco and don't know the brand. Called Repco, they only do one type, just a normal flow not a high flow.

My temp has always sat exactly on 1/4 - Can someone recommend which hi-flow to get and where? Thanks!

  • Member
  • Member For: 12y 10m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

I think you will find its a lower temp thermostat mick installed not a high flow one.

Call rapeco back and ask if they have different temps

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 8m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posted (edited)

The invoice reads "Supply & Fit Low Temp Hi Flow Thermostat" $27.27+GST

I was a bit disappointed when calling, as regardless of what type it was the answer was "We buy them bulk from Repco, we don't know what brand they are."

I'd still like to get the exact same thermostat, as it's had no issues before and I just want to get the same product to replace the current one.

Edited by VippiN
  • Member
  • Member For: 12y 8m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: near brisbane
Posted

how about you take the old one out and take a look at the brand and what temp it was .they are not hard to remove and to fit again .ps maybe they are a high flow ,its just if they are a

high flow they actually do not cool as well due to the water circulating to fast and it can not cool enough when passing threw the radiator . that is what a mate that owns a radiator shop

explained to me .

  • Like 1
  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 8m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posted

Yeah I did think of that, but a lot aren't branded so might be up the creek for that effort. I need to drop the coolant anyway and would much prefer to do the lot in one shot.

I've heard that before as well, but I'm happy with how it is/was, I just want the same thing I had. It's like if the turbo blew, I'd just get a direct replacement.

  • Like 1
  • in the mid....not the bum like some
  • Member
  • Member For: 13y 5m 6d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Yep no idea why a shop would fit a high flow one to these cars it makes them run hotter....bringing fans on sooner may mask it somewhat.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 13y 2m 27d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Hiflow vs regular = no difference when driving normal.

When beating the piss out of it, why are you running a stock thermo

Ask for a stock one & install

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 13y 3m
  • Gender: Male
Posted

I do not believe that a high flow thermostat will make a car run hotter.

With slower flow the coolant coming out of the radiator will be at a lower temperature BUT the total amount of heat removed from the engine/cooling system will be LESS.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...