High Flow Thermostat

VippiN

• Member For: 15y 2m 21d

Hi guys. My car uses a high flow thermostat that was put in by Pit lane performance, I reckon it's a bit dodgy so want to replace it with the same thing, called Pit lane and they say they just order them in bulk from Repco and don't know the brand. Called Repco, they only do one type, just a normal flow not a high flow.

My temp has always sat exactly on 1/4 - Can someone recommend which hi-flow to get and where? Thanks!

The invoice reads "Supply & Fit Low Temp Hi Flow Thermostat" $27.27+GST

I was a bit disappointed when calling, as regardless of what type it was the answer was "We buy them bulk from Repco, we don't know what brand they are."

I'd still like to get the exact same thermostat, as it's had no issues before and I just want to get the same product to replace the current one.

Edited by VippiN

• Member For: 10y 1m 28d

how about you take the old one out and take a look at the brand and what temp it was .they are not hard to remove and to fit again .ps maybe they are a high flow ,its just if they are a

high flow they actually do not cool as well due to the water circulating to fast and it can not cool enough when passing threw the radiator . that is what a mate that owns a radiator shop

explained to me .

• Like 1

Yeah I did think of that, but a lot aren't branded so might be up the creek for that effort. I need to drop the coolant anyway and would much prefer to do the lot in one shot.

I've heard that before as well, but I'm happy with how it is/was, I just want the same thing I had. It's like if the turbo blew, I'd just get a direct replacement.

• Like 1

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 8m 27d

I do not believe that a high flow thermostat will make a car run hotter.

With slower flow the coolant coming out of the radiator will be at a lower temperature BUT the total amount of heat removed from the engine/cooling system will be LESS.