boost69 Legacy Donating Member 737 Member For: 21y 4m 10d Posted 02/07/13 12:18 AM Posted 02/07/13 12:18 AM http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/at-the-dragstrip-commodore-v-falcon-20130701-2p79b.htmlThe FG did 4.9s 0-100, but both cars pulled a 13.1 down the quarter. They're both good times, but I'm surprised the SS could keep up quite frankly.Though I have heard press release cars, are tweaked up by the manufacturer...
freeze_dk I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation Legacy Donating Member 8,610 Member For: 20y 1d Gender: Male Posted 02/07/13 01:09 AM Posted 02/07/13 01:09 AM They make 220atw standard. So on mark with a standard xr
RHR BOOST Moderating Team 5,698 Member For: 23y 24d Gender: Male Location: Southern Highlands NSW Posted 02/07/13 01:10 AM Posted 02/07/13 01:10 AM That commo in that guise looks pretty bloody ordinary IMO.
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 15d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 02/07/13 02:05 AM Posted 02/07/13 02:05 AM This will probably start an endless debate but I call staged.I dont take sides I would take either car as they are both home grown Australian made vehicles I've owned both and with Ford taking their bat & ball and leaving the playground will probably own another commodore next year, but as was shown in the earlier shoot out the 6T trounced the SS.I would like to see three back to back runs without cut aways showing the timing traps before saying this was a real shootout....but in saying that, there is only a poofteenth between them in standard trim until you start throwing cash at either one and everyone knows who wins that fight. 2
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 5d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 02/07/13 06:12 AM Posted 02/07/13 06:12 AM Voice over paraphrase: "The sticky track allowed us to stall up the torque converters and get the turbo to build maximum boost pressure"Bloke on track after the run: "The SS punches off the line better but once the turbo spools up blah blah"So, which is it? 1
Bulletime Legacy Donating Member 937 Member For: 15y 8m 20d Gender: Male Posted 02/07/13 10:16 AM Posted 02/07/13 10:16 AM Yeah that's what I was thinking, did the turbo spool up before or after launch wtf?Was surprising that's for sure, 4.9 0-100 is pretty good though, but definitely would have thought the xr6 would have walked away like in the wet wakefield drag, wet wakefield would have been even worse for the T given the boost induced wheel spin.Either way both nice cars but yeah interesting.
sct911 Member 848 Member For: 13y 10m 23d Gender: Male Posted 02/07/13 10:54 AM Posted 02/07/13 10:54 AM only a few more months until vf comes out, hopefully a few pull up beside me at the lights
sixman Legacy Donating Member 604 Member For: 22y 2m 7d Gender: Male Location: Hills District, NSW Posted 02/07/13 11:05 AM Posted 02/07/13 11:05 AM Err, the vf is allready out... 1
sct911 Member 848 Member For: 13y 10m 23d Gender: Male Posted 02/07/13 12:24 PM Posted 02/07/13 12:24 PM really? havent seen a single model on the road yet
EFSIX I Lead Not Follow... Member 1,026 Member For: 14y 5m 9d Gender: Male Location: Westside,Melbourne Posted 02/07/13 02:02 PM Posted 02/07/13 02:02 PM ive seen a s@# load of them around here in the western suburbs of melboune..calais look nice in the flesh I must say and so do the ss's..lol
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now