Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • MattyP
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 4m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Central Coast
Posted

What's wrong with it?

And I don't know about that mechanic but maybe you should consider someone really reputable like autotech/cms

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 7m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gippsland
Posted

Sounds very frustrating mate - Appreciate the post though. It's important that the story of dealings like this are told so that others don't follow the same path!

  • Member
  • Member For: 13y 10m 22d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

sheesh 10k extra is a lot of money. Makes me appreciate my tuners no bullsh*t, honest approach.

Sad to see there are still money whoring shops out there

  • Like 2
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 1m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Yep I remember this one from the last time around.

What is actually wrong with the car? Tuning problems or mechanical?

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 1m 18d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

No surprise. What surprises me is the car winds over. Seriously car needs to go to a reputable tuner who knows these cars Cms in Preston's or autotech in Granville!

Give both a ring and I gurantee you'll be in safe hands.

My white ba has over 500rwkw tunes by Cms!! Can't fault joe and the work that leaves he's shop.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Penrith
Posted (edited)

I know springwood car care and they are very good and have some very quick cars come out of there shop but I would take it to a tuner who knows these cars back the front either Autotech or CMS. Either of those two have a awful lot more experience with the XR6T which will be needed to sort out your issues. Either will sort you out with no BS.

Edited by gsd112
  • Like 1
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 13y 2m 27d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Take it to CMS, just my opinion. Also, you say it's not running correctly, detail what it is actually doing. What has been done that is so catastrophically bad?

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 1m 12d
  • Gender: Not Telling
  • Location: orange
Posted

thanks for your replys guys,

the car is running super lean to the point I was advised not to drive it.. spluttering and breaking down when cruising at 110kph, wanting to stall piss and fart around at traffic lights, and the one time I tested putting my foot down only quarter throttle coughed and spluttered and felt like it wanted to commit suicide .. iv had my car at autotech early on when I had nice normal mods , turbo mods, surge tank , all the goodies for 370-400 rwkw. they where good and there costomer service second to none . just bit pricey.. but that's my only thing , cms is to far away.. ... this fella up at springwood sounded like he knows his sh*t, and was recommended by a very stand up no fuss no bullsh*t fella.

hell ill let him have a crack... im so bitter and twisted after all this , im starting to hate cars ... im thinking a f*cking horse and cart. . . least I would get to work.. ill shut up just talking crap cause im beyond pissed

hehe post up the invoice, yeh im sorta kicking myself cause I may have deleted it off my email.. im hoping its still in my waste bin

yeh man that's it.. the money the time its all gone... just looking out for others , I guarantee others would have gone postal long before this.. im as chilled as u get and iv been depressed and hating life for the last year and a bit.. its been beyond f*cked.. , I have a new born to add to the collection in a week or so, I don't need this crap right now. not to mention the amount of money im spending on beer to keep my old man happy while I use his car lol

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 2m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Hills District, NSW
Posted

There was another guy on here not long ago with mechanical/tune related issues driving him to despair. Everyone told him numerous times to take his car to a reputable workshop experienced with these cars. He ended up taking it to a place that offered a cheaper price and shorter timeframe. Needless to say he ended spending more money getting burned again with no real resolution of his issues.

You have been given good advice by guys here, even in the last thread.

Hate to see you go through more pain with this. Just sayin.....

  • Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...