Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 1m 22d
  • Gender: Not Telling
  • Location: orange
Posted

im hearing u sixman, honestly this dude at springwood is confident he can sort it out.... I take all advice on board.. I don't really trust anyone anymore.. iv been thru this sh*t 10years ago with my r33 vowed to never do this car modifying bullsh*t again... but here I am... everyday I give myself a massive uppercut....anyway if its to much of a head f*ck for this fella , on to the next one.. hope this is it though

  • MattyP
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 5m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Central Coast
Posted

It's so sh*ty to hear about forum members being burned when I've had nothing but a brilliant experience modding my car

Wether it being the tuner doing the work or me (and my dad) installing stuff.

The right tuner really pays off in the end.

I'd hate to See you get burned again mate

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 1m 22d
  • Gender: Not Telling
  • Location: orange
Posted

yeh mattyp , if this sh*t happens again, well .... im gunna try not to think about that.. . I just get my enjoyment watching other peoples cars running like a dream on youtube, im glad there are folks out there that get to enjoy a working car with no headaches ... it could be worse, it could have blown up!, and he could have charged me 20grand extra and took 3years to NOT finish it.. hopefully in a few weeks I post up how happy I am with the car ..

  • MattyP
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 5m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Central Coast
Posted

Let's hope so bud

I hope to be on what the kids are calling face tube soon with a 10 second daily.

Just get that thing going well and get it to wsid and it'll all be worth it

  • WOT?
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 13y 7m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Frankston, 3199
Posted

Hopefully a lot of the cash spent was for work/hardware that you've retrieved and the new shop can finalise putting it all together without much more pain.

Congrats with the new bub, hopefully it's the start of a new, brighter stage

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 1m 22d
  • Gender: Not Telling
  • Location: orange
Posted

cheers matty and rab.. , thanks 4 the uplifting comments and vibes, I need em ... thanks Rab , any day now mate, ... yeh matty, cant wait for wsid!!.. I wont lie im scared to death that something will break though.

ounce its running right and been on the road with no issues for a year or so, then ill feel better about taking it down the quarter..

thanks again for all the kind words and advice guys... will keep u all posted. its heading up there on fri..

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 1m 28d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

I see Your minds set on where car is going to.

Does this shop specialize in Barras and have a large customer base of xr6t's?

Would hate to see you f*cked over again... Well can't get anymore screwed then what you already have been, but paying more money and taking a stab that it will be fixed is silly :/ for

Your sake I hope all goes well. I've been around and thankfully haven't been done over like you have. But for you what is needed is a tuner who specializes in zf tuning for those zf boxes or else that new zf won't last a month.

Also I would suggest getting a full

Check over on anything that greasy c0ck touched.

Speak to the guy your heading to and make sure he's confident with zf tuning and these motors, if he isn't 100% confident don't waste anymore time and money go straight to Cms :)

  • Like 2
  • RNS10S
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 22d
  • Gender: Male
Posted (edited)

iv had my car at autotech early on when I had nice normal mods , turbo mods, surge tank , all the goodies for 370-400 rwkw. they where good and there costomer service second to none . just bit pricey..

You have spent more than what you would have spent if you had stayed where you were.

All you probably need now is a good tune.

Take it back to Spiro and get him to look over it. He would no doubt remember you and understand the situation your in.

I know he's not the cheapest but at least you know you wont get ripped off and you'll be in good hands

My 2c

Edited by rednose
  • Like 3
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 1m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Penrith
Posted

Just remember Springwood Car Care have minimal experience with the Barra engine, and yes Autotech aren't the cheapest but most professionals at the top of there game aren't cheap. Ive been to springwood car care as they were closer for me but realised they had very little knowledge of the barra engine and went back to Autotech.

  • Like 1
  • loitering with intent
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Zombie Birdhouse
Posted

CMS and Autotech are not the only shops in Sydney with experience with these cars.

Lets say they were not the pioneers when these engines hit the market.

Others did the initial grunt work with continuing results.

Talk to some others as well

Spiro is probably still using my UniChimp as a paper weight. LOL

Channels the Gooseman :ermm:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...