rednose RNS10S Legacy Donating Member 2,229 Member For: 20y 1m 13d Gender: Male Posted 01/10/14 02:20 AM Posted 01/10/14 02:20 AM CMS and Autotech are not the only shops in Sydney with experience with these cars.Lets say they were not the pioneers when these engines hit the market.Others did the initial grunt work with continuing results.Talk to some others as wellSpiro is probably still using my UniChimp as a paper weight. LOLChannels the Gooseman No one said they are the only shops, there are plenty of capable shops.But if I was in his position and had a good experience with Autotech previously I would at least go back to Spiro and have a chat.If money was the only reason the OP left Autotech well I'm sure he's learnt a valuable lesson.I cannot and will not comment on other workshops (good or bad) as I have not used anyone but Autotech. 2
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 11d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 01/10/14 02:32 AM Posted 01/10/14 02:32 AM Just sayin there are other options. This thread seems to just mention CMS and Autotech.I've also used Spiro in the past as well as other shops.You are right in implying you get what you pay for.Might be exxy upfront but there is some reassurance the job will be done right 2
Kosij Legacy Donating Member 2,045 Member For: 15y 1m 19d Gender: Male Posted 01/10/14 03:38 AM Posted 01/10/14 03:38 AM Buf! I mentioned who I have used and who I personally think could help him based on my experiences.Considering I have almost the same car as op and I'm more then happy with Cms and there work why would I mentionC&vTune houseBtaCastle hillAnd the likes when I can't vouch personally that they know there Barras.When it comes the Barras and the zf's you need someone who deals with a lot of them so they know what they are doing! Cms & autotech have the cars from 9 seconds to 11 seconds rolling out of there shop on a weekly basis! I ain't referring a shop I'm not 100% happy with.And I've been to autotech myself so I can Persoanlly say I left there because there work was way to pricey! Apart from that I couldn't fault spiro and he's tunes!
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 5d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 01/10/14 03:53 AM Posted 01/10/14 03:53 AM Autotech have had a few high-profile big bangs too...so I wouldn't necessarily pin them up as the ultimate gurus either. And I'm not saying that to have a chop - just to get the point across that nobody is perfect. And the topic of this thread used to have an awesome name with plenty of happy punters but how things can change. If the OP is comfortable with his choice of mechanic then there's not much to be achieved by throwing away whatever he's already spent with them to move on to a third workshop. Yeah it could turn to sh*t, but I'm pretty sure he'd be keeping a firm finger on the pulse this time around.
gsd112 Legacy Donating Member 605 Member For: 16y 25d Gender: Male Location: Penrith Posted 01/10/14 04:40 AM Posted 01/10/14 04:40 AM Ive had tunes done by 3 Sydney tuners Tunehouse, CMS and Autotech and lets just say the car ran its best after the Autotech tune by far, and the customer service was light years ahead as well. Nothing wrong with the other 2 but they just never nailed it. First 2 couldn't iron out a miss at idle but Spiro did and the tune was way smoother, and it was right first time. Your right but no one is perfect but I base my opinion on what Ive personally seen and I have been to Springwood Car Care for servicing and they were okay but had a limited knowledge of the barra. 1
rednose RNS10S Legacy Donating Member 2,229 Member For: 20y 1m 13d Gender: Male Posted 01/10/14 05:00 AM Posted 01/10/14 05:00 AM Autotech have had a few high-profile big bangs too ??? 2
Kosij Legacy Donating Member 2,045 Member For: 15y 1m 19d Gender: Male Posted 01/10/14 06:05 AM Posted 01/10/14 06:05 AM Ive had tunes done by 3 Sydney tuners Tunehouse, CMS and Autotech and lets just say the car ran its best after the Autotech tune by far, and the customer service was light years ahead as well. Nothing wrong with the other 2 but they just never nailed it. First 2 couldn't iron out a miss at idle but Spiro did and the tune was way smoother, and it was right first time. Your right but no one is perfect but I base my opinion on what Ive personally seen and I have been to Springwood Car Care for servicing and they were okay but had a limited knowledge of the barra.Tell me did your issue get resolved with a hole in the throttle body :/ So when did you go to spring wood? Before it after autotech?
gsd112 Legacy Donating Member 605 Member For: 16y 25d Gender: Male Location: Penrith Posted 01/10/14 06:20 AM Posted 01/10/14 06:20 AM (edited) Nope just adjusted the tune. 95% of people would of been fine with it the way it was as it was very minor miss and they tried to eliminate it but it was still there and I wanted it perfect. It was 3+ years ago on my old BA and I felt the car was smoother after Autotech tune. I just used Springwood car care for a service on my FG G6ET (which is stock) they were fine but had minimal exposure to the Barra, like known issues ,inlet manifold tightening etc. So ive gone back to Autotech as I prefer to pay a bit extra for the customer service, and I work 2 mins from them know and I get my car back when I need it on time every time, and on the 1 time there was a small issue the car was straight back in and fixed immediately. I rate those 3 tuners highly I just rate Autotech a touch higher. Edited 01/10/14 06:22 AM by gsd112 2
rednose RNS10S Legacy Donating Member 2,229 Member For: 20y 1m 13d Gender: Male Posted 01/10/14 06:22 AM Posted 01/10/14 06:22 AM Nah, impossible he drills holes in every bodys throttle body, even if there just there for a service...lol 1
gsd112 Legacy Donating Member 605 Member For: 16y 25d Gender: Male Location: Penrith Posted 01/10/14 06:34 AM Posted 01/10/14 06:34 AM He could of never asked actually I might ask next service, he did a throttle body clean on the fg might of done it to that. 2
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now