skidxr6t skids Legacy Donating Member 2,754 Member For: 13y 9m 5d Gender: Not Telling Posted 12/04/13 09:15 AM Posted 12/04/13 09:15 AM Hey all,So I had diff bushes done under dealer warranty on a BA, now the thing is they knew I'd been driving like a dickhead (all burnt rubber under guards, tyres half shredded) and they did the diff bush anyway for me and many other things under the warranty they have to provide when selling a used car...all sweet I thought...Car drove wonderfully , took it for a 400km drive towing a trailer, thrashing the crap out of it with the trailer the whole way to where I was going, I did a couple of decent skids (ON A TRACK OF COURSE) and bam pretty much right away noticed I'd flogged the bush again.It's no where near as bad as the old bush but I'm actually shocked as I knew the ford bush would not last long but seriously I thought I'd be going through more tyres than diff bushes!Was replaced with original ford bush, I can't be bothered seeing this dealer again but really just a few burnouts and I've flogged a bush, Could thrashing the car while towing have a negative effect on the bush? I'm sure whatever workshop I see next will sus out whether it's installed correctly and if it was incorrectly installed I'll nail the dealer and send them the bill.What are the thoughts of the people here? I looked under the car and I can see the center one is completely flogged, all torn and sh*t. How long do these dammed ford bushes last for?Thanks for reading.
turbotrana Member 2,586 Member For: 23y 6m 3d Gender: Male Posted 12/04/13 01:05 PM Posted 12/04/13 01:05 PM You should have got a job at Ford 10 years ago as a test engineer. 2
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 10d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 12/04/13 01:14 PM Posted 12/04/13 01:14 PM Did they change all the bushes or just the rear?
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 6d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 13/04/13 03:31 AM Posted 13/04/13 03:31 AM they will not reimburse you or even have to if they were responsible and you had it repaired elsewhere.
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 4m 2d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 13/04/13 03:33 AM Posted 13/04/13 03:33 AM Piks of skids ?
jas98 Member 1,053 Member For: 14y 2m 11d Gender: Male Location: Maryborough Qld Posted 13/04/13 06:04 AM Posted 13/04/13 06:04 AM id say your driveing has caused it (as u already know) .........how f*cking hard were you drving it hahaha
PSI O6T Legacy Donating Member 440 Member For: 14y 21d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 13/04/13 06:15 AM Posted 13/04/13 06:15 AM id say your driveing has caused it (as u already know) .........how f*cking hard were you drving it hahahaso you cant drive these cars hard then ???
Never had any say Panda I <3 Floods Legacy Donating Member 11,198 Member For: 15y 2m 3d Gender: Male Location: South West QLD Posted 13/04/13 07:40 AM Posted 13/04/13 07:40 AM You can drive them hard just with Clutch dumps and skids (while towing!?!?)... You've gotta expect things to break..
The Converted Legacy Donating Member 344 Member For: 15y 27d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 13/04/13 07:49 AM Posted 13/04/13 07:49 AM Will they supply labour under warranty and use super pro items if supplied by you?
skidxr6t skids Legacy Donating Member 2,754 Member For: 13y 9m 5d Gender: Not Telling Posted 16/04/13 06:26 AM Author Posted 16/04/13 06:26 AM (edited) It's just a flash tuned BA, generic tuned.Going in for fuel injectors and a proper custom tune at XFT soon.It just loves the cool temperatures down south of WA and I was just doing massive skids with it, of course on a private property which has a tarmac'd area.I sorta remember feeling the point where it flogged the bush, was not towing at the time, had a big cloud of smoke which had filled the car up, I can't describe it, it was like taking a girls virginity, it defiantly felt less tight.All three bushes were replaced with ford genuine. I've done a few thousand km's now and gone through 2 sets of rear tyres and it doesn't seem to have become nearly as worse as the last time the bush was flogged( original with car).It'd be too cheeky for me to return to these guys after having to extensively clean under the car and replace one of the black mudguards inside and try and say they musta stuffed it up, I've got the money to sort this out myself.I don't even pretend to be a better driver than I am either, I've come very close to things not turning out so well a little too often so after getting new bushes fitted I'll relax. I can't imagine what other cars here are capable of doing, it just amazes me really, I'm not sure what power I'll get with injectors put in but I shall find out - I'm sure XFT will look after me. Edited 16/04/13 06:30 AM by johnxr6t
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now