JB Forum Superhero Legacy Donating Member 3,109 Member For: 22y 10m 8d Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico Posted 28/10/05 05:15 AM Posted 28/10/05 05:15 AM Hey Deano, I ran mine off the AUX port with two seperate earths, worked well for me.The other option is to go something like the Denison IceLink which completely intergrates with the cars system and you can control the ipod via steering wheel controls etc.http://www.densionusa.com/icelink_info.htmThere are installers in melb, or you can do it yourself.I am getting one in the Bavarian Cabbage Cutter shortly.Hope you are well mateJB
shockF6 Legacy Donating Member 478 Member For: 21y Location: Melbourne Posted 28/10/05 05:23 AM Posted 28/10/05 05:23 AM Dean,I have designed a box that fixes all your aux audio problems, no whining, no buzzing and it runs at the same level as the CD volume (as well as including other things like headphone output and 2 audio inputs for xbox and ipod etc..) It costs just over $100 for me to build it.Let me know if ya interested and ill give you more info.
utexr6t Member 69 Member For: 21y 5m 26d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 28/10/05 05:31 AM Posted 28/10/05 05:31 AM I have this set up in my ute, no noise or whine at all.http://store.apple.com/133-622/WebObjects/...nplm=T6715Z%2FACan't go wrong with it.
Kimberley Scott www.australianflag.org.au Legacy Donating Member 6,763 Member For: 21y 2m 18d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 28/10/05 07:20 AM Posted 28/10/05 07:20 AM Mate I have an O2 phone/PDA, I would love to be able to connect that into the stereo on my XR6T. Using winamp to play all my music. Is this possible?Scotty
Goobz Member 746 Member For: 21y 11m 23d Location: Sutherland Shire, Sydney Posted 28/10/05 11:53 PM Posted 28/10/05 11:53 PM I haven't tried it myself but the belkin auto kit is supposed to be the go. It has a small preamp in it to boost the signal before it gets to your head unit.Chris
dingah2 Crusty aviator Member 846 Member For: 22y 3m 15d Gender: Male Location: ACT Posted 29/10/05 03:41 AM Posted 29/10/05 03:41 AM The Belkin set-up certainly cures the amplifying issue but it also amplifies the whine too!Dingah
igsta Member 371 Member For: 22y 11m 25d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 30/10/05 09:19 AM Posted 30/10/05 09:19 AM I have the Belkin gizmo that plugs into your 12v outlet. It has a small amp to boost the signal. I dont have any whine at all. Mine is prestige sound not premium, could have something to do with it or maybe the path the aux cable is run. I actually bought a female cigarete socket and hooked it up and hid it in behind the dash. All I have is 1 cable ready to plug into the ipod when I want.
dingah2 Crusty aviator Member 846 Member For: 22y 3m 15d Gender: Male Location: ACT Posted 30/10/05 10:20 AM Posted 30/10/05 10:20 AM Same setup as mine igsta but I have the whine option so I am keen to hear (or not hear) how this 'box' performs.......Dingah
rdomain Member 98 Member For: 21y 4m 29d Posted 30/10/05 12:16 PM Posted 30/10/05 12:16 PM I had the hum/noise issue but I took it back to Ford under warranty and they fixed it. Something about making a more solid/larger connection. The ipods do run softer but I tend to get plenty of volume out of it (I do have to to crank the head unit though)
veczar Gold Platinum Member Member 1,081 Member For: 22y 3m 8d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 31/10/05 02:48 AM Posted 31/10/05 02:48 AM JB, How did you earth the AUX input?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now