ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 25d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 27/07/05 11:27 PM Posted 27/07/05 11:27 PM The Alpine solution is good, buy will cost a bomb.You will be lucky to get any change from $1,000 for the Ipod and ICC interfaces.If you are going the complete A/V setup, then it would be a good solution.
veczar Gold Platinum Member Member 1,081 Member For: 22y 3m 13d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 28/07/05 03:13 AM Posted 28/07/05 03:13 AM I have the $30 AUX Ford connector. It works with ipods, laptops etc. Problem is the quality especially the bass is really bad. Try it though for the price if it doesnt work who cares...
Guest mercurysteve Guests Posted 28/07/05 03:51 AM Posted 28/07/05 03:51 AM Alpine looks great, but oh biy the $$$$ will hurt..
DaveO Member 250 Member For: 23y 5d Location: City Posted 28/07/05 04:18 AM Posted 28/07/05 04:18 AM Does this aux work if u already have a mobile phone platform installed that is connected to the ICC. Can you use both at once, as I have noticed that when on the phone it comes up with media on the ICC display. It would be a pain if you had to muck around changing cords when an incoming call is present... Whats the point of Hands-Free then!!Dave
cobrav8 Member 1,969 Member For: 21y 6m 15d Gender: Male Location: New Zealand Posted 28/07/05 04:32 AM Posted 28/07/05 04:32 AM There are two seperate connections back at the loom, so I assume both would work fine together.
DaveO Member 250 Member For: 23y 5d Location: City Posted 28/07/05 04:52 AM Posted 28/07/05 04:52 AM ok cool time to get one then.
Goobz Member 746 Member For: 21y 11m 27d Location: Sutherland Shire, Sydney Posted 28/07/05 09:30 AM Posted 28/07/05 09:30 AM There are two plugs behind the fuse box. The 4 pin blu plug is for the phone kit, the 2 pin white plug is for the phone kit audio, and the 4 pin white plug is for the aux port.I think that's right. It's been a little while since I was under there.Chris
axw01 Legacy Donating Member 127 Member For: 23y 6m 21d Location: Brisbane QLD Posted 16/08/05 12:49 PM Posted 16/08/05 12:49 PM I'm hoping I can find out some info about connecting my iPod into the car stereo directly, rather than by FM transmitter.I've done a search of some previous posts (all around May 2004) and all attachments have been deleted or are unavailable.I have a MkII with the XR luxury pack which includes the premium sound.Any advice would be appreciated.Thanks.Al.
JB Forum Superhero Legacy Donating Member 3,109 Member For: 22y 10m 12d Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico Posted 17/08/05 12:26 AM Posted 17/08/05 12:26 AM Aux port conection.Doi a search there is plenty of info.I will post up the instructions when I get home.
Poo Member 19 Member For: 21y 6m 11d Posted 17/08/05 12:37 AM Posted 17/08/05 12:37 AM I have the aux input installed by Ford.The quality of the connection isn't great (don't get me wrong for the price it isn't too bad) The main problem that I have with it is that it is FAR quieter than playing a CD or radio - ie when you are listening to a CD at a nice volume, then change to AUX for the ipod, the volume is about HALF - even when the ipod is turned all the way up!I don't understand the reason for this - its bloody annoying, any solution to change it (like a pre amp or something) is pretty expensive at around $200. Yeah I know I can just turn up the volume on the head unit and it will be better, but this will just add noise to the signal!!!ANY SOLUTIONS WELCOMED!!!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now