TURBOXR I miss her... Legacy Donating Member 703 Member For: 22y 15d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 17/11/11 08:44 AM Posted 17/11/11 08:44 AM Thanks lads. Disconnected the battery as suggested and seems to have fixed the problem. Strange.
quadie Legacy Donating Member 720 Member For: 20y 11m 1d Gender: Male Location: Muswellbrook,NSW Posted 17/11/11 09:53 AM Posted 17/11/11 09:53 AM as technology get more and more "computerized" we have to remember that a computers aint perfect and can fault from time to timeI work in an industry that is more and more computerized rather than bunchs of componants.I use computers more to diagnoise and repair rather than my DMM and CRO
peter_125 New Member 11 Member For: 15y 2m 25d Posted 27/11/11 11:15 AM Posted 27/11/11 11:15 AM Hey everyone.After scurrying pages and pages of this forum category looking for info on how to exactly connect video output devices to the factory screen, I still haven't seen one explaining ipod connection. From what I've gathered from ways to input dvd players, tv's and sat navs I understand an RGB converter is needed.What I was wondering from you guys that have connected video devices to stock screen is whether this would work?If this works the 30 pin connecter can also be made to charge your iphone/ipod. So if you guys believe this will work im prepared to give it a crack.Cheers, Peter
avi8R Legacy Donating Member 27 Member For: 17y 2m 1d Gender: Male Posted 03/12/11 04:28 AM Posted 03/12/11 04:28 AM Hi everyone,Currently I am in the process of installing the factory FG Ipod kit. I've had a search and couldn't find anything specific on how to do this.With the kit I have 4 parts.1) Ipod cable2) Audio module3) leather pocket4) Ford wiring harness.8R29-14C575-ABAt first glance it appears as though the harness is a replacement for the current one fitted to the car. The problem is that I cannot find a 12v power socket plug next to the AUX. There is however a completely different square plug which may be for this. Does anyone know if this is the right harness for a sedan or do I just need a different power plug or extra part?Has anyone that has done this mod still have the instructions ?
PookeyMaster Legacy Donating Member 1,531 Member For: 15y 9m 16d Gender: Male Location: Parramatta, NSW Posted 09/12/11 01:23 PM Posted 09/12/11 01:23 PM I thought the XR6T's came standard with the iPod connection? Or was that only for vehicles after the FG Update in October 2010?
lrmcdowell Legacy Donating Member 730 Member For: 15y 1m 9d Gender: Male Location: Randwick, sydney Posted 09/12/11 08:08 PM Posted 09/12/11 08:08 PM yeh mines located in the glove box so maybe there is some connection in there
avi8R Legacy Donating Member 27 Member For: 17y 2m 1d Gender: Male Posted 10/12/11 01:43 PM Posted 10/12/11 01:43 PM I think the 2010 update model may have received this as part of the upgrade aswell as 6speed for n/a models and some other extras. Mine is a 2009 ex WA police so the only options are the extra airbags and towbar. My wifes brothers 2010 doesn't have one either. After work breaks up for Christmas I will go down to spare parts and hopefully they could give me some ideas. Im hoping its just a new 12v socket but who knows. I am surprised that no one has done this yet.
FG_G6E Member 35 Member For: 15y 4m 23d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 16/12/11 09:56 AM Posted 16/12/11 09:56 AM The parts you require areIpod Cable 8R2Z14D454ABIpod Module 8R2Z19C142BAIpod Holder BGF044H64A1Ipod Wiring BG14C575CYou are better of buying a new kit BG289455AA with everything in thereThis Module MUST!!! be enabled by a Ford dealer to work this is not plug and play.
bossmang FREAKY Legacy Donating Member 12,441 Member For: 16y 9m 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 16/12/11 09:59 AM Posted 16/12/11 09:59 AM I thought the I pod kit was standard?I got a 09 FG T ute and its there!
FG_G6E Member 35 Member For: 15y 4m 23d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 16/12/11 10:03 AM Posted 16/12/11 10:03 AM No Optional on all FG Falcons only standard on G6E Turbo. Be Came standard mid/late2010
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now